Game Day Round 13, 2021: Sydney v Hawthorn, 11 June 2021, 7.50pm AEST SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just keep to watch Reeves, Day and Newcombe play in the same side mostly.

Would love big games off half back from CJ and Impey.

Moorey to snag a couple of clever goals.

Kosi to clunk a few grabs a kick 2+.

Scrimshaw to nail every target and take risks kicking into the corridor.

Morrison to run himself into the ground getting 25+ touches.

Regardless of the result I'd just like to see more good signs from our players of the future.

LOL some of these “I’ve got a good feeling about tonight’s game” quotes are gonna come back to haunt a few after tonight’s game!
Is the point of this message just to feel more self-righteous if we lose? So what if people are going into the game feeling good lmao
I don't reckon we win this game, but I can understand peoples optimism and I'm happy for them to have it.

Is the point of this message just to feel more self-righteous if we lose? So what if people are going into the game feeling good lmao
I don't reckon we win this game, but I can understand peoples optimism and I'm happy for them to have it.
Relax, it’s only a game

Of course I hope we win, and I’ll have the shits for a bit if we lose, even though I’m expecting it

Self righteous? good one!

Finally a Friday night game but why do we have to wear those hideous 'jinxed' guernsey's? :straining::poo:

I would say we have lost over 90% of the time we have worn these!

Go Mayblooms!
Look back at history when we last wore these 'V' designs, we were easy beats (not unlike these days)... Roy Cazaly changed our jumper designs to brown with gold stripes in the 1950's for a reason declaring "they made the players look bigger and stronger"

Glad to See Jager back and Newcombe in but most excited by Will Day being back. Massive wrap for the kid that he's straight back into the team (maybe would've been different if Box Hill was playing :think:)
Agree. He was the difference in the last quarter v the Dons, and was just starting to take the game on v the Tigers when he got injured. He's almost our most important player, considering how he can change the way we play.

Agree. He was the difference in the last quarter v the Dons, and was just starting to take the game on v the Tigers when he got injured. He's almost our most important player, considering how he can change the way we play.
Technically we were undefeated this season until Day went down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Far out Tyler, you mentioning Day playing in that Bombers game, deadset feels like it was 5 years ago.

I just want to see some competitiveness and spirit. Really a must tonight.

Our ins are the most inspiring inclusions I've seen in a long time. Day, Jai, and JOM. Doesn't get more exciting than that.

LOL some of these “I’ve got a good feeling about tonight’s game” quotes are gonna come back to haunt a few after tonight’s game!
My best part of the week is imagining our route to an unlikely upset win. Don't take that from me with your realist perspective. I have the whole weekend to feel depressed about footy until the teams are named again next Thursday and I can start the process all over again 😉

We will go well tonight and surprise a few , I think it's the most balanced team clarko has played all year . It would of been good if dgb got up and played on McDonald.

Maybe i'm suffering short term memory loss after a week off, but I am actually looking forward to watching us tonight. Keen to see Newcombe and Day, and another game from Reeves. Wish we gave Jeka / Brockman a run though.

* also looking forward to watching the great Bud strut his stuff given I don't really care about the result. I reckon he will kick 6 tonight.

Like the ins , we have a decent bunch of young guys to watch . Its pretty exciting actually . Add a few more by seasons and we have a decent launch pad to work with.

They will be too quick and slick for us . Would be happy to take a under 30 margin.

Hopefully Kosi can translate his boxing ring form onto the ground tonight .

As many have indirectly alluded to already, I'm very excited to see the combination of Reeves to Newcombe working at AFL level. Partnership seemed strong in the VFL.

Of course, super excited to see Day back out there, which will hopefully allow CJ to get off the chain a little bit more like he was doing in rounds 1 and 2.

Still think we will lose this one, but as long as the effort is there and its isn't a blow-out I'll be happy.

Win, lose or draw I enjoy watching the talented kids develop their games. I am hoping Day, Scrimshaw, CJ, Newcombe and Kosi all give us a bit of hope for the future.
Not even watching the rest of the games this year expecting another win. Just want to see the development of players over the next few years that will make up the bulk of our next premiership team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back