List Mgmt. 2021 Trade & List Management Thread I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben has already delivered the equivalent of "at least I am the best player in my family" sledge that Mark Waugh copped on the cricket field.

When asked if he is looking forward to playing on his brother, Ben said I usually take the best forward, so I probably won't play on him.

1.1m, turn it up.

A lot of this is useless info, but I find it particularly interesting for the rebuilding clubs (Adelaide, North, Hawthorn, Collingwood). Shows how we compare from an early draft perspective & how far behind Hawthorn are, who neglected the draft & traded in senior players to try and pinch another flag. Also good to see Brisbane under Noble.

First and second-round picks taken
CLUB201520162017201820192020TOTAL
GWS34352320
Brisbane34343118
Gold Coast34144117
Adelaide21134516
North Melbourne33213416
Carlton42322215
Essendon43012414
Fremantle23223214
Sydney12224314
Melbourne20323313
Port Adelaide14034113
Collingwood12121512
Richmond11423112
West Coast22440012
Western Bulldogs32231112
Geelong02313211
St Kilda1232019
Hawthorn2000237
I prefer this ladder to the League ladder as we are fifth:cool:

if there's an overarching goal to the "north can't land a big fish" narrative, it's to embarrass the footy department and discourage them from making those offers in the first place. it's not that the offers were turned down, every club makes offers to big name players that get turned down, that's just a normal part of contract negotiations, and how those guys end up on such big salaries. it's that certain members of the media feel that north should just learn their place and not step out of line. the lesson is to ignore them and do what you were going to do anyway.
yep great point ...fk em!!!
Media has become like sitting next ya know-it-all mate of a mate who knows nothin but his own club and his entire ethos is based around what's best for his own club.
Gotta ALWAYS look at any of these media flog's club allegiance, this will generally tell you why they have said opinion.

North Melbourne

Robbie Tarrant

Jack Ziebell

Shaun Atley

Taylor Garner^

Trent Dumont

Kyron Hayden*^

William Walker*

Tom Campbell*

Joshua Walker*^

Connor Menadue*

The longest list in the AFL, and time may be up for some of them, though there’s no way the Kangaroos will have as big of a list cull as last year. But they could still be brutal because Tarrant, Ziebell, Campbell, Atley and Josh Walker are among their 10 oldest players, with Garner 11th and Dumont 15th. Even when going into a deep rebuild it’s common practice to keep a few veterans around so they won’t all go, obviously, but some may.

yep.

Yeah progress burnt down a forest - had nothing to do with idiots building a house amongst gum trees and then being exposed to days of 43, 43 and then 46 degrees.

Im going to assume your morning cone went down the wrong way, Ferbs.

It’s not up for debate, government by pure definition is a restriction of freedom.

With respect to your last line, everyone pays a price to live in a community, i.e. we in the community all generally live with some limitations on our freedoms that are imposed by our tribal leaders. By all means, be our guest to go and live in the jungle on your own. ;)

North Melbourne

Robbie Tarrant

Jack Ziebell

Shaun Atley

Taylor Garner^

Trent Dumont

Kyron Hayden*^

William Walker*

Tom Campbell*

Joshua Walker*^

Connor Menadue*

The longest list in the AFL, and time may be up for some of them, though there’s no way the Kangaroos will have as big of a list cull as last year. But they could still be brutal because Tarrant, Ziebell, Campbell, Atley and Josh Walker are among their 10 oldest players, with Garner 11th and Dumont 15th. Even when going into a deep rebuild it’s common practice to keep a few veterans around so they won’t all go, obviously, but some may.

This article is the clear winner of the definitely maybe stakes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We’ve won 2 of our last 26 games. Hawks have won 5 of their last 26 games.

They’d have to finish with 5 wins from 37 games, whilst we win 2 more of our last 11 (requiring pretty significant improvement).

Whilst we have improved, I don’t think our rate of improvement is rapid enough to turn it around so much in 11 games (I’d love to win 2 of those, don’t get me wrong). I understand we are getting senior players back, but I feel like it’s gonna take them a few weeks to settle into the new game plan etc. Coupled with the fact our run home isn’t what I’d call easy.

Clarko would basically have to experience his worst losing streak of his career, by far (16 losses) for them to not win a game. They are going backwards, but I think they’re likely to win one of Freo (Tas) or Collingwood.

It’s possible, but it’s not likely.

Let's see I guess, hopefully we end up with a generational player one way or the other.

North Melbourne

Robbie Tarrant

Jack Ziebell

Shaun Atley

Taylor Garner^

Trent Dumont

Kyron Hayden*^

William Walker*

Tom Campbell*

Joshua Walker*^

Connor Menadue*

At least we can relax in the fact that nobody is going to get poached.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back