Preview Preview- Rd 13- West Coast Vs Richmond, Sunday June 13th 7:20pm AEST, Optus Stadium, Perth

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Prestiaā€™s out then RCD should have retained his spot IMO.

Not a howler at all, but just a preference because Lambertā€™s not going to play that role.

Looking at the sides, our injuries are pretty comparable now. We have Prestia, Lynch, Astbury and Nankervis out from our best 22 and they have Sheppard, Kelly, Shuey and McGovern out.

Anyway, we need to win this one regardless of who we named to give us much-needed room for error later in the season. They probably will not be easy to beat with their named side, but weā€™re pretty decent ourselves.

Prestia out, no RCD back in. Find that surprising tbh

Not thrilled with the line up this week. Rioli back in - guess his 5 minutes of junk time made up for several weeks of ordinary footy...

Feel like this line up is a bit of an insult to the young blokes who came in and gave us a much needed spark when we desperately needed one. Not convinced this line up has enough spark in it - message seems pretty clear to CCJ and Chol too, we will play you until Lynch & Toby are back.

we are relying on Dusty & Bolts to have blinders - this team looks tired even on paper tbh
they are idiots

prestia out and they drop rcd and bring in rioli

I'm far from a Rioli hater but I don't get that decision at all. Lose two contested beasts and bring in a mid/forward and a small forward.

Their 2 main contested mids aren't playing. Shuey and Kelly.
Gaff and Sheed are outside players and Yeo whilst an inside player still looks underdone.

Our midfield is pretty much at full strength bar Prestia. Lambert is a two-way runner and puts plenty of pressure on.

I would've gone another tall like Miller in the backline but in dimma we trust.

I was happy that Brander and Nathan Vardy were left out. Guess the eagles thought they would've been too top-heavy.

I'm interested to see how Chol goes about combating Nic Nat at the center bounces. In the game against the Eagles last year, Soldo initially and then later on in the match Nank had great success in running over to NN when the ball was bounced, tangling up with him and taking away his ability to jump. Now Chol obviously has a great leap so will we go with the formula that worked last year or back Chol to out jump NN.

Chol isn't as good with his body as Nank and Soldo, so you'd think he would be told to back his leap and jump. It is something that we have up our sleeve if the Eagles start to dominate the center bounce.

fu** i hate the selection panel

With the way they roll I am getting a bit concerned that they are going to drive this "era" of players right into the ocean. I think we have enough young talent there to build a long period of continued growth - like Geelong have been able to do - but they must be getting pretty jacked at seeing the same names each week. Naming both Georgie & Dan based on their form over the pasts 2 months seems a bit much.

Will be interesting to see how Chol & CCJ go - both have got to realise that their spots in the team are completely out of their hands and form. They are both just back-ups, nothing more.

If Prestiaā€™s out then RCD should have retained his spot IMO.

Not a howler at all, but just a preference because Lambertā€™s not going to play that role.

Looking at the sides, our injuries are pretty comparable now. We have Prestia, Lynch, Astbury and Nankervis out from our best 22 and they have Sheppard, Kelly, Shuey and McGovern out.

Anyway, we need to win this one regardless of who we named to give us much-needed room for error later in the season. They probably will not be easy to beat with their named side, but weā€™re pretty decent ourselves.

Like Iā€™ve been saying for 2 weeks, Graham has been playing the Lambert role. Graham will move into the inside role for Prestia, hence RCD out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like Iā€™ve been saying for 2 weeks, Graham has been playing the Lambert role. Graham will move into the inside role for Prestia, hence RCD out.
OK so Prestia out <- Graham <- Lambert? Got it. I liked Graham in whatever role he was playing in the last few weeks though because he killed it!

With the way they roll I am getting a bit concerned that they are going to drive this "era" of players right into the ocean. I think we have enough young talent there to build a long period of continued growth - like Geelong have been able to do - but they must be getting pretty jacked at seeing the same names each week. Naming both Georgie & Dan based on their form over the pasts 2 months seems a bit much.

Will be interesting to see how Chol & CCJ go - both have got to realise that their spots in the team are completely out of their hands and form. They are both just back-ups, nothing more.
pretty much what I think, canā€™t play Rioli and George at the same time, that combo is not working this whole year so why try again?
none of them are good contested players, which is a very important requirement this year. Id rather play mansell there and get him some game time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back