Preview Rd 14 - Carlton v GWS Sat June 19 7.25pm @ Giants Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geez we're an optimistic bunch here. Put me in for a 4 goal loss. Same as usual.

Get tthe impression you are one of the bitter Teague Out Brigade. Guess what sunshine, even if we lose on Saturday night and most of the remaining games for rest of the season, Teague will still be coaching us next year, so even if you are one of those vindictive fans who want us to keep losing in order for a coaching change, it ain't going to happen.

Would be nice if we had more optimistic fans here. We are a better team than our ladder position and win loss record suggests.

Get tthe impression you are one of the bitter Teague Out Brigade. Guess what sunshine, even if we lose on Saturday night and most of the remaining games for rest of the season, Teague will still be coaching us next year, so even if you are one of those vindictive fans who want us to keep losing in order for a coaching change, it ain't going to happen.

Would be nice if we had more optimistic fans here. We are a better team than our ladder position and win loss record suggests.
He’s barely willing us to lose by 4 goals.

It’s actually a pretty fair prediction based off the last 24 months.

Relax aha x

Do we read anything into the Murphy omission?

Is it just looking to the future now the seasons done? Has he been in poor form?

Or has the review already identified some dissatisfaction with the near 300 gamer among the playing grouor coaches?

Anyway, cant hurt. I'm happy with the ins.

we'll be fine saturday night if

• we turn up
  • we don't get too far behind
  • we don't get too far in front
  • we can somehow stop a block of opposition goals
  • we can somehow score a block of our own
  • we tackle hard
  • we kick straight
  • we run both ways
  • we support each other
  • we don't run out of legs
  • we do win the clearances
  • we spread the load
  • we play attacking but defend and shape things when needed

• we turn up
  • we tackle hard
  • we kick straight
  • we run both ways
  • we support each other
  • we spread the load
Better send this list to Santa thy.
But I seriously think it's beyond him.
He might be able to get you a unicorn though.

Idv what pablitos opinion on Teague is. Just cause he's got no confidence in us beating Gws up there doesn't mean you should go personal with a demeaning tone. No where in that post did he say Teague out. Don't extrapolate someone else's post incorrectly so you can chest beat. You're both carlton fans. Ones is not confident in a win and the other behaved like a nonce.

Ps. You have no idea if Teague will be coaching us next year. Hopefully for the stability of the club he is because we show nice improvement over the next few rounds.

Geez we're an optimistic bunch here. Put me in for a 4 goal loss. Same as usual.
Hope not! They did just tie with North.

I've been in the GWS rooms previously and spoken with some of their coaches and staff a few times...

They do not respect carlton. They'll have players cheating forward of stoppages and theyll tackle hard early because that's the way they've seen carlton. Hit hard early and the carlton guys will go meekly - paraphrased from conversations with them. It really is time for some mongrel now, a plastic club thinking we're irrelevant?? I like Kennedy in. Hopefully he tackles to hurt, like he can.

I've been in the GWS rooms previously and spoken with some of their coaches and staff a few times...

They do not respect carlton. They'll have players cheating forward of stoppages and theyll tackle hard early because that's the way they've seen carlton. Hit hard early and the carlton guys will go meekly - paraphrased from conversations with them. It really is time for some mongrel now, a plastic club thinking we're irrelevant?? I like Kennedy in. Hopefully he tackles to hurt, like he can.

I agree. Plus Kennedy will know he's on his last chance... so if there's anything he has in the tank, he should be motivated to burn it all up. I think he deserves this shot at saving his career. Hopefully 3 - 4 games as a semi decent sample size.

Do we read anything into the Murphy omission?

Is it just looking to the future now the seasons done? Has he been in poor form?

Or has the review already identified some dissatisfaction with the near 300 gamer among the playing grouor coaches?

Anyway, cant hurt. I'm happy with the ins.

I don’t read too much into it. He was dropped two weeks ago as a kick up the arse, came back in and stunk it up. Was always going to be dropped imo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

• we turn up
  • we tackle hard
  • we kick straight
  • we run both ways
  • we support each other
  • we spread the load

Sounds like a real game of football right there.

Actually incorrect. I'm very much in the "hope he stays but we need a football department cleanout around him" camp. I hope we win by 100+ points but based on what we've seen in the past this year though the most likely outcome is a 4 goal loss. Anything better than that can be classified as optimistic.

Maybe don't assume to think you know someone sunshine then proceed on a completely irrelevant rant. Makes you look foolish.

Also classic thylacine60 liking any post that attempts to denigrate posters he doesn't like. Better luck next time champ.

Last edited:
Idv what pablitos opinion on Teague is. Just cause he's got no confidence in us beating Gws up there doesn't mean you should go personal with a demeaning tone. No where in that post did he say Teague out. Don't extrapolate someone else's post incorrectly so you can chest beat. You're both carlton fans. Ones is not confident in a win and the other behaved like a nonce.

Ps. You have no idea if Teague will be coaching us next year. Hopefully for the stability of the club he is because we show nice improvement over the next few rounds.
Huge respect for this post. Thanks for being the voice of reason SkyhorseTamer

Reckon this is a view of Carlton held league wide and not without reason.
However, hopefully the wheels of change are in motion and the likes of Stocker and Parks replacing Murphy and Setterfield is the way of the future …

Reckon this is a view of Carlton held league wide and not without reason.
However, hopefully the wheels of change are in motion and the likes of Stocker and Parks replacing Murphy and Setterfield is the way of the future …
Agreed. I don't think any team would respect Carlton right now, and nor should they. We've done nothing in the last 20 yrs to warrant it.

I agree. Plus Kennedy will know he's on his last chance... so if there's anything he has in the tank, he should be motivated to burn it all up. I think he deserves this shot at saving his career. Hopefully 3 - 4 games as a semi decent sample size.
You would think being put on the rookie list would tell Kennedy he is on his last chance.....

He won't make it - he is the definition of a list clogger I'm afraid

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

They finished a game against us with 16 men and still won by umpteen goals - that alone should give you an idea of what regard we are held in.

Yep, this would be my game plan against us, it was always Brad Scotts. They have beaten us 7 out of 10 clashes, unless we have a huge change in attitude and some tweaks to the game plan, and increase our tackling pressure we will not match them. I'm hoping the break has revitalised this side and it is not the same old, same old that we have had to watch in the first half of the season

Yep, this would be my game plan against us, it was always Brad Scotts. They have beaten us 7 out of 10 clashes, unless we have a huge change in attitude and some tweaks to the game plan, and increase our tackling pressure we will not match them. I'm hoping the break has revitalised this side and it is not the same old, same old that we have had to watch in the first half of the season

I dont see a week off as doing much in relation to any of the above - you may get a week or two of improvement but it will go back to being what it has been for a long time. Its a whole club mindset issue and will take more than a week of 'soul searching' to fix.

• we turn up
  • we tackle hard
  • we kick straight
  • we run both ways
  • we support each other
  • we spread the load

i had a little laugh at this bit. It’s like a 5 goal curse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back