Player Watch Jack Madgen (Delisted 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

it's hard to pick a player that i hate the most..... JT....the noble.....but the madge does it every time for me......we should force him to be sterilised so that he can never provide a father-son...

Why all the hate for Magden? Has been one of our best for the last 6 weeks, for all the clangers he does he makes up for by having the ability to find the ball and gain lots of meters, links up well and has a bit of pace.
Mate there is no use defending him. He is just a really bad player does not have one good trait. Everytime the ball goes near him up in the air or on the ground we all panic. He also just isn't smart he has no footy brain at all as well as a bad kick I honestly cannot understand how he is in the team.

Instances in today's game seriously sum up from what I seen and wasn't watching him closely but 3 clear goals were gifted to Richmond simply from him.

One in the first when he was running back to the goal same as last week but was too slow to get there off the ball up. A smart defender would've positioned himself somewhere near the goal line rather than being in no man's land and not getting back.

The 2nd was the goal to Tom Lynch, Magden on the last line picked it up then decided to try take on the defender and came back inboard and just kicked up in the air to 30 metres out directly in front.

The 3rd was Richmond's only score in the last when he missed a basic handball that went over the collingwood player to Dusty who kicked inside 50 for the first goal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have an ongoing (tongue in cheek) argument going with my son where he continuously bags Madgen and I defend him no matter what! I am joking much of the time but it got to the point where I just got sick of hearing it. Sure he makes some horror decisions under pressure but his disposal is far from the worst and he loves the club and tries his guts out. For that he has my respect........not his fault he's a regular in our best 22.

Madge and other players like Nobes give absolutely everything they’ve got and leave nothing behind but heart is always in mouth when he’s got or goes near the ball that’s for sure. He may give a turnover up that costs a game but you know he’ll never let you down if someone needs to run at the ball when it matters the most.

Why all the hate for Magden? Has been one of our best for the last 6 weeks, for all the clangers he does he makes up for by having the ability to find the ball and gain lots of meters, links up well and has a bit of pace.

Yeah, this 👍

He’s developed a rebounding game which - when it works - gives us something in attack (but when it doesn’t, it reinforces those who have confirmation bias and remember his debut game against Lance Franklin)

Compare that to Mayne, Henry and Brown … those three players when they mark the ball they look up and are all “WTF do I do now?” Madgen used to be like that, but in the last month he’s more often than not sent it on quickly to the first open option.

I have an ongoing (tongue in cheek) argument going with my son where he continuously bags Madgen and I defend him no matter what! I am joking much of the time but it got to the point where I just got sick of hearing it. Sure he makes some horror decisions under pressure but his disposal is far from the worst and he loves the club and tries his guts out. For that he has my respect........not his fault he's a regular in our best 22.

Improve your parenting skills.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

No brainer for mine after watching both VFL and AFL. Madgen out, Wilson in.
I’m not so sure you used your brain to make that assessment.
I like Wilson’s game too, but there is no way he will come in for The Madge.
The Madge had a good game today.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back