News Clarkson news, media etc - he’s off into the Sunset!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
just to underline, clarkos intervals between premiership years are 3 years 05-07. 4 years 09-12 and 6+ years 16- (or 3+ since a top 4 finish in 18) we have been truly spoilt.

our club shafted the 91 premiership coach 2 seasons later, despite making finals both seasons. We know what happened in 96.

does our board have the cojones to ride out the storm? Let’s hope so. how long will Mitch be allowed? Can they even stick fat for the handover even? Have we evenheard the length of Mitch’s contract?

(There has been mention they want to set up the coaching for ten years not five as it would have been if Clarko continued)
They didn’t shaft Alan Joyce. He has been told multiple times what the issues were with his coaching. Nearly a player revolt as well

Any chance it was a calculated move by the club to throw Caro under the bus? She must be filthy with whoever gave her the mail. Makes me think we set her up.

If someone has done this, I want to know who it was.

They will never have to pay for a beer or anything else for that matter ever again.

Maybe her intel came from that WA journo that said Cogs was coming 😂

What was his name again?
Peter Vlahos?

Unlikely they have they same source - Vlahos was spot on with his info, which he got from an immediate family member of Cogs.

Good god, looks like they’ve been very selective with what Mitchell said today. He clearly mentioned that this goes back to 2016 when he left Hawthorn to the Eagles and then he received a call from Clarko in 2018 half way through the season asking him to come back as he sees him as his successor without any guarantees for the job, yet Nick is saying that this is a political power play not a succession plan! Give me a spell. The media is clearly not happy that Hawthorn were able to secure Mitchell, about a month ago or so the media were making headlines that the Pies need to secure Mitchell, but now all of a sudden they are doubting his coaching capabilities as a senior coach? Where was that doubt prior to the announcement?
Not to also forget that for last few years the likes of Cornes and others were suggesting that Clarko should move on etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have never believed a word from Caro or other media types since Caroline Wilson once wrote that Kane Cornes had been sacked and his playing career was over.

Didn't say, "will be sacked", "might be sacked" "I think he'll be sacked" "a drunk at the pub told me" she wrote and also said on tv with 100% certainty this is a fact he's been delisted.

Kane Cornes played for another 3 years.

Mike Sheahan knows Clarkson well, has his mobile number. He stated on the week of i believe the 2013 grand final that Clarkson was going to coach West Coast. He just made it up or got some dodgy info and instead of calling Clarkson just went with it. My guess is that he asked a west coast board member who the next coach would be and he said "the guy from Hawthorn" and Mike made up the rest.

I think Clarkson should have been able to call time on his coaching position with the club when he wanted too. He has the runs on the board and is obviously respected highly. The club has made this decision for him which I can only assume would have him pretty pissed off at the moment. It wouldn’t surprise me if Clarko takes on a coaching job and continues coaching elsewhere in 2022.
I personally can’t see him putting all the time and effort and sleepless nights coaches have to endure into a club that no longer wants him beyond next year. His times up according to the club, the angry ant would be fewming at the way this has played out.

I hope he does stay but my gut feel is he will go if another coaching job is available and he was keen to coach that club. Just my opinion

What is said here is so correct. This is a decision of Kennett and his Board. It is not between AC and Sam. They are mere players in the drama. Kennett and his Board are ULTIMATELY responsible for the past, the now and the future. Not AC and Sam.
So please remember, this is a decision of Kennett and his Board.
With this in mind, based on what I read here, it is clear the Hawthorn members and supporters are comfortable with what THEIR Board has done and the decisions they have made.

That said, as I have said earlier, incredulously, I can only turn my concern to how quickly and concertedly we can rebuild our List. That is of paramount importance.

Caroline Wilson hates Clarkson, Kennett and Hawthorn. She would like nothing better than to see all 3 fail. Every time she writes or talks about Hawthorn it is through this prism.
Many others in the media are happy to jump on board.
Nic Riewoldt tonight on 360 was an hilarious example. According to Nic even though Carro's story was wrong the Hawthorn board are now to blame.

Whether it’s this or the Scott/Newman podcast you often link to, you’re a real glutton for punishment. 😂
I've heard about this sort of thing. You're on the internet and all of a sudden there's a picture of someone attractively dressed as the devil, telling you you're a real glutton for punishment. The strapping young lad name was a dead give away 😲

Last edited:
Caroline Wilson hates Clarkson, Kennett and Hawthorn. She would like nothing better than to see all 3 fail. Every time she writes or talks about Hawthorn it is through this prism.
Many others in the media are happy to jump on board.
Nic Riewoldt tonight on 360 was an hilarious example. According to Nic even though Carro's story was wrong the Hawthorn board are now to blame.
And they are. This decision starts and ends with them. If you are comfortable with that so be it, but I for one are staggered this is how a legend of of our Club is treated. What amazes me even more is that so many supporters of our Club support this. It is is staggering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back