State Focus WA 2021 - Western Australia’s junior footy talent

Remove this Banner Ad

Browne is too mate, and Johnson is capable too

I said HARD BALL getters. Think people need to watch the games and not listen to commentary.

Without ya sheldricks and Dittmars the classy outside types can’t do there stuff .Anyone can receive the easy ball or wait for it to roll out the back. I think these boys that put there body on the line and do the grunt work are underrated.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:
I said HARD BALL getters. Think people need to watch the games and not listen to commentary.

Without ya sheldricks and Dittmars the classy outside types can’t do there stuff .Anyone can receive the easy ball or wait for it to roll out the back. I think these boys that put there body on the line and do the grunt work are underrated.

I have watched Browne and Johnson quite a bit mate and can say with 100% confidence that they are more than capable. In saying that I am a huge fan of Sheldrick and Dittmar. They are tough buggers

I have watched Browne and Johnson quite a bit mate and can say with 100% confidence that they are more than capable. In saying that I am a huge fan of Sheldrick and Dittmar. They are tough buggers

I’m not saying there not capable players mate. They definitely have talent I just don’t think there hard ball getters and not everyone has to be. I think Brown is very similar player to max chipper and jhonson is a classy user of the ball just not great at getting the hard ball.

Just seems there is plenty of the same type of player on the team and only 2 hardball getters . I would hate to see either of these 2 lose a spot for someone we already have plenty of.

Last edited:
I’m not saying there not capable players mate. They definitely have talent I just don’t think there hard ball getters and not everyone has to be. I think Brown is very similar player to max chipper and jhonson is a classy user of the ball just not great at getting the hard ball.

Just seems there is plenty of the same type of player on the team and only 2 hardball getters . I would hate to see either of these 2 lose a spot for someone we already have plenty of.

100% agree, I've been impressed by Sheldrick since the beginning of the season and its nice to see him get some recognition through weight of good performances. From those who have been talked up Browne probably the most disappointing to me, don't get me wrong he's playing good footy but certainly not dominating despite what the numbers suggest.
With the abundance of midfield talent and issues in defense I wouldn't mind seeing Erasmus get some time across half-back, have seen him play there in the past and he excels with his aerial prowess.

100% agree, I've been impressed by Sheldrick since the beginning of the season and its nice to see him get some recognition through weight of good performances. From those who have been talked up Browne probably the most disappointing to me, don't get me wrong he's playing good footy but certainly not dominating despite what the numbers suggest.
With the abundance of midfield talent and issues in defense I wouldn't mind seeing Erasmus get some time across half-back, have seen him play there in the past and he excels with his aerial prowess.

Couldn’t agree more mate. I don’t like to take to much from stats, you really need to watch the game and see what impact the player is having.

Last edited:
Can you compare him to Lachie Vanirsen from last year?
Vanirsen was a super vanilla mid who never did anything wrong, but had no real standout AFL traits. He's not fast, not an elite kick, didn't have super endurance. Sheldrick is an absolute bull. Would bet on him to break most tackles, can win the footy, great hands. One of the worst kicks I've seen. Does well for a bigger body to be able to move around the ground, just cannot kick the ball.

Vanirsen was a super vanilla mid who never did anything wrong, but had no real standout AFL traits. He's not fast, not an elite kick, didn't have super endurance. Sheldrick is an absolute bull. Would bet on him to break most tackles, can win the footy, great hands. One of the worst kicks I've seen. Does well for a bigger body to be able to move around the ground, just cannot kick the ball.

So a Powell Pepper clone

Subiaco Colts Player Rankings after round 17

## WA Academy 18's, 19's past or present
# WA Academy 15's, 16's, 17's past or present

1-Neil Erasmus##
2-Matthew Johnson##
3-Jed Kemp
4-Jacob Evitt#
5-Jake South##
6-Ezekiel Bolton#
7-Blake Morris##
8-Corey Bellouard
9-Campbell Henderson#
10-Dylan O'Dea
11-Jayden Crane#
12-Tyzreise Clark#
13-Ryan Newick
14-Tyson Wright
15-Richard Farmer##
16-Jared Thompson
17-Riley Crane
18-Cameron Dean##
19-Koltyn Tholstrup#
20-Jaylen Brimson
21-Josh Bell
22-Jevan Tholstrup
23-Kade Walter
24-Lance Collard
25-Jack Gouge#
26-Connor Holdaway
27-Tyrell Dewar
28-Bill Corderoy
29-Zac Sadowski
30-Joshua Moses
31-Cooper Tamlin
32-Fraser Newland
33-Ky Franceschini
34-Jack Quartermaine
35-Jack Stevens
36-James McGuinness
37-Riley Wills
38-Luis Caccamo
39-Robert Hansen Jnr
40-Josh Quarrell
41-Bryce McDonald#
42-Cruz Woodley
43-Josh Reid
44-Mitchell O'Keefe
45-Liam Cunningham

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might of already been mentioned before but I see ex state u/16 tall Tristan Jacques has come out of "retirement" and the Willeton ammo colts, to suit up for SF colts now. Was initially a Gero boy tied to EF, but now at SF. Think Jacques is in the Freo Academy as well, good to see him back in the WAFL, just disappointing to see, with EF colts lack of talls, Jacques left EF to play at SF.

SPP definitely more explosive, and could find the goals. Sheldrick is purely an inside mid, quite slow moving. His decision making also leaves a lot to be desired.

None of the mids in the state squad are overly explosive. For the pressure he is generally under his decision making is not to bad.

Last edited:
Might of already been mentioned before but I see ex state u/16 tall Tristan Jacques has come out of "retirement" and the Willeton ammo colts, to suit up for SF colts now. Was initially a Gero boy tied to EF, but now at SF. Think Jacques is in the Freo Academy as well, good to see him back in the WAFL, just disappointing to see, with EF colts lack of talls, Jacques left EF to play at SF.

Freo NGA.

If he's in our NGA and come out of retirement I suspect he has had a strong indication we will take him?

Because he is a longer term prospect.

Claremont FC gives Kimberley teens taste of Tiger life
Jon Bassett Western Suburbs Weekly
July 17, 2020 4:00PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Back