List Mgmt. 2021 Trade & List Management Thread I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if they would have much left in their kitty though, just based on who is OOC:
View attachment 1215467

Sorry mate but:

jabba-the-hutt-laugh.gif

Sure. They might lose Oscar McDonald or Jack Silvagni to cap squeeze. Then they can get up at their AGM and say "see - we lose players too".

Like the time Collingwood 'lost' James Aish or Sydney 'lost' Gary Rohan due to cap squeeze.

Williams/Saad, a bevy of small forwards playing to their potential and they could also be a midfielder away from competing with the top 4..

But it’s Carlton, they’ll go the shortcut route, pick up a coach who’s plan will be for 36 months, without realising half their list will bail without wins on the board.
Really I’d say they’d need 3 mids at least Cripps needs massive help

Sorry mate but:

jabba-the-hutt-laugh.gif

Sure. They might lose Oscar McDonald or Jack Silvagni to cap squeeze. Then they can get up at their AGM and say "see - we lose players too".

Like the time Collingwood 'lost' James Aish or Sydney 'lost' Gary Rohan due to cap squeeze.
Its not who they will lose necessarily, it may be who they cannot afford

forgot charlie curnow too.
when fit he's a more than capable 2nd key forward.
Agree they have a lot of holes in their system though.
I didn't include him due to doubts over what level he can get to post injury. Adam Cooney had a similar injury and was never the same. But yes, at his best he is A-grade and above McKay which is scary.

Sorry mate but:

jabba-the-hutt-laugh.gif

Yeah looking at that list a fair bit may not be re signed but they’ll still need to fill the spots

Its not who they will lose necessarily, it may be who they cannot afford

They'll find a way mate.

Those clubs always do. Funny how say, Geelong just add more and more poachings each year and lose absolutely nobody.

Unless they want to move interstate. In which case they join West Coast who also add whoever they like whenever they like to a premiership list and lose absolutely nobody.

Yeah looking at that list a fair bit may not be re signed but they’ll still need to fill the spots
A fair bit of that list would make a pretty good VFL Reserves side...

forgot charlie curnow too.
when fit he's a more than capable 2nd key forward.
Agree they have a lot of holes in their system though.
I would be all for this, did a lot of hard work with his fitness, great goal sense and natural talent 😝

I would be all for this, did a lot of hard work with his fitness, great goal sense and natural talent 😝
Worth a look?

They'll find a way mate.

Those clubs always do. Funny how say, Geelong just add more and more poachings each year and lose absolutely nobody.

Unless they want to move interstate. In which case they join West Coast who also add whoever they like whenever they like to a premiership list and lose absolutely nobody.
just been thinking though with the cap being all over the place, at some stage its going to hurt and hurt bad.. never though Coll would have been in as much trouble as they have, Gee seem to have a player retire a week... could be in their position of wondering once a couple of players retire who fills the gaps

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd be fine if we didn't pick up a single player this trade period. I like the idea of the bulk of our list being made up of kids that were drafted together.
More so if there is nothing that is going to make us better in short or long term happy to sit still

I think we have a few contenders ourselves who would deserve the honour of having treatment rooms named after them
Garns can change his name to Charles

I'd be fine if we didn't pick up a single player this trade period. I like the idea of the bulk of our list being made up of kids that were drafted together.
Still plenty of holes to fill in the side.
Wish we had some actual draft capital though.

Still plenty of holes to fill in the side.
Wish we had some actual draft capital though.
Will probably get something for Dumont, dunno if we get much from anyone else

Sorry mate but:

jabba-the-hutt-laugh.gif

Are you sure Collingwood are the best club to use as an example here? Do the names Treloar and Stephenson ring any bells?

just been thinking though with the cap being all over the place, at some stage its going to hurt and hurt bad.. never though Coll would have been in as much trouble as they have, Gee seem to have a player retire a week... could be in their position of wondering once a couple of players retire who fills the gaps

Honestly I just don't think it'll happen. The policing was shady enough already and now the AFL don't even have an integrity office anymore.

There's a reason Carlton, Collingwood, Geelong and * pretty much scoop up every chase they attempt and it's not about playing at the MCG or the enticement of playing alongside "Crippa", "Pendles", "Danger" or "Heppo".

Are you sure Collingwood are the best club to use as an example here? Do the names Treloar and Stephenson ring any bells?

The way the pies were running negative media on Treloar over the season and were questioning Jaidyn's character, it seemed they were happy to move on both.

I'm not suggesting any of these clubs want players taking up their cap if they don't want them. More that they'll find a way to keep all the players they do want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back