Unofficial Preview Semi-Final : Changes against The Cats - Fri 3 September 2021, 7.50 pm AEST @ Optus Oval WA

Remove this Banner Ad

Who's playing on JC?

Is there a chance it’s Idun? Think it’s a real possibility if Reid is injured and Buntine is named as a replacement. Thought Stein looked better when he was allowed to intercept a bit more like he did in the first quarter wasn’t quite as effective when being accountable for another tall. I’ve got so much faith in Idun at this point I’d feel comfortable in him talking most guys he’s a bit undersized but I think he could make it work, if not he was really effective on Rohan before he was injured in their last game and would feel very comfortable with that matchup.

Did Ralph mention something about a fit list? Is he looking at the same list as me?

What's going on with Finlayson? He's a big out.
Is he? I’m not sure. He has that 3rd tall/ruck role and I for one think Sproule deserves to be there right now

What's going on with Finlayson? He's a big out.

He's had family and mental health concerns, but by the same token, he seems to have fallen out of favour.

The development of Zach Sproule shows why, because as well as having a booming kick for goal, Sproule is willing to tackle and otherwise get his hands dirty. There's been too many times when Finlayson goes missing in action.

Is there a chance it’s Idun? Think it’s a real possibility if Reid is injured and Buntine is named as a replacement. Thought Stein looked better when he was allowed to intercept a bit more like he did in the first quarter wasn’t quite as effective when being accountable for another tall. I’ve got so much faith in Idun at this point I’d feel comfortable in him talking most guys he’s a bit undersized but I think he could make it work, if not he was really effective on Rohan before he was injured in their last game and would feel very comfortable with that matchup.

One advantage we've got is that we know JC inside out, his strengths and weaknesses. He's probably expecting Haynes or Taylor. He wouldn't be that familiar with Idun which might give us a bit of "X" factor.

And it would be handy if Davis was fit enough to take on Hawkins.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So:
Haynes Stein Cumming
Peatling Taylor Perryman
Kelly Taranto Whitfield
Bruhn HH Lloyd
Hill Hogan Cogs

Preuss Hopper Ward

Brown Sproule Ash Idun
Sub: Shipley

Not sure. They said he was on crutches at the end of the game.
Yes, I had heard that. But in the vision of the final 2 minutes, at about 1 minutes to go, while de Boer is on the bench, I can't see any crutches or moonboot - he seems to be walking around normally. I cannot really see in the vision posted of the song, although my son reckoned he was there not in crutches or moonboot.

A bit of a mystery. Hopefully he's fine, and hopefully Isaac Cummings recovers OK.

Then, I'd go:
Bruhn for Green (presuming XOH not fit)
Peatling for Reid (presuming Kennedy not fit)
Hill for Greene (presuming he gets rubbed out)
Briggs to rest Mummy (we need Mummy to face Gawn more than we need him against Cats; Briggs ahead of Preuss due to playing time this year)

Leon beat them last time through tactics and planning. He has to do the same again. Geelong's rucks are shithouse, we have to exploit it. I'd play 2, replace Toby with Briggs and once the centre bounces are done, one pushes back to fill the hole in front of Hawkins and the other takes over ruck duties. We need to make it a hard contested slog. Would almost consider Bunts again to play on Henry.

Yes, I had heard that. But in the vision of the final 2 minutes, at about 1 minutes to go, while de Boer is on the bench, I can't see any crutches or moonboot - he seems to be walking around normally. I cannot really see in the vision posted of the song, although my son reckoned he was there not in crutches or moonboot.

A bit of a mystery. Hopefully he's fine, and hopefully Isaac Cummings recovers OK.

Then, I'd go:
Bruhn for Green (presuming XOH not fit)
Peatling for Reid (presuming Kennedy not fit)
Hill for Greene (presuming he gets rubbed out)
Briggs to rest Mummy (we need Mummy to face Gawn more than we need him against Cats; Briggs ahead of Preuss due to playing time this year)

We were hopeful XOH would only miss one week. Fingers crossed.

Leon beat them last time through tactics and planning. He has to do the same again. Geelong's rucks are shithouse, we have to exploit it. I'd play 2, replace Toby with Briggs and once the centre bounces are done, one pushes back to fill the hole in front of Hawkins and the other takes over ruck duties. We need to make it a hard contested slog. Would almost consider Bunts again to play on Henry.
I agree it was good coaching that helped us get over the line. Bunts on Stewart was massive. But it is pace and ball movement that sinks the Cats. They want to slow the game down and control the ball. They use possession as a defence. We beat them last time by moving the ball quickly and need to adopt that again. The two rucks makes a slow team even slower IMO. Port beat them through huge pressure and fast ball movement. We can do the same

Remove this Banner Ad

Back