• Horne-Francis

Votes: 227 92.7%
  • Callaghan

Votes: 13 5.3%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 5 2.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone else thought he looked a bit better on the wing than in the guts yesterday? If Dumont leaves and with Polec seemingly in the wilderness, we could use another winger. Might be the perfect place to start him early in his career with brief stints in the middle.

Yeah, I don’t know if it’s necessarily on a wing, more just when he has space. Being on the wing yesterday really allowed him to get space & open the game up with his run & carry.

The SANFL is a contested wrestle (at least the games Ive watched this year), so I’m pretty excited about the prospect of him playing in an AFL side where his team mates actually look for him in space. As many have pointed out, he & Roberts do seem to get burnt a bit, which is probably just a result of their age/status in the side.

Idiots like me that were keeping an open mind about splitting pick 1, can now put that to bed.

He’s ours and we’ll take him at 1 with all the spotlights on him.
he could end up as our Marque player like Carey, Archer, if we get him...l wonder what number he will get...Hopefully #18, #27, or even #33 from his South Adelaide club..just have to offer Patrick Walker another number if he wants to vacate it..

And it is delicious. His power, speed, positioning, tenacity, effort, foot skills, 2nd efforts….. will be our best player in year 2.
Big call mate , I agree re his football traits are phenomenal . If he’s our best player in year two with the young talent on our list … we will be flying .

Anyone else thought he looked a bit better on the wing than in the guts yesterday? If Dumont leaves and with Polec seemingly in the wilderness, we could use another winger. Might be the perfect place to start him early in his career with brief stints in the middle.

Looked great when he got himself some space on the wing. But I still liked what I saw when he was in the middle, numbers might not have been great in there but a few 50/50 contests that on another day go his way and it looks much better. Positioning in the middle could use some work, but he’s gonna have blokes like Cunners and Goldy to learn off so not worried about any of that.

Yeah, I don’t know if it’s necessarily on a wing, more just when he has space. Being on the wing yesterday really allowed him to get space & open the game up with his run & carry.

The SANFL is a contested wrestle (at least the games Ive watched this year), so I’m pretty excited about the prospect of him playing in an AFL side where his team mates actually look for him in space. As many have pointed out, he & Roberts do seem to get burnt a bit, which is probably just a result of their age/status in the side.
Yeah, agreed. Good point. In a strange way, it looks like he might actually be better suited to AFL footy than playing in the SANFL.

Around mid last year, JHF was easily one of the best players I've seen come through under 18's for a while and clearly the best kid in this draft class - I honestly thought we'd show enough improvement this year to not be in contention. The fact we're just about guaranteed to draft him is insane considering the talent we've already got. There were times this year where he appeared to have stagnated but he's really elevated his game at senior level over the last month or so.

I'm not sure most North fans totally understand what we're in for with this list we're building.

Exciting times ahead is an understatement.

I don't want to jinx it, but the thought of teams having to plan on how to negate/tag JHF, TT and/or LDU, while ignoring Jy, WP and TP because the midfield is too deep and they're not the priority is delicious.

Very different to the days of Harvey getting a tag every week ...

Please let them all come on as we hope 🙏

In the bests against men in a semifinal. Win or go home. Get Nick Daicos all the fu** the way out of the paint
Been saying this all along . JHF is the outright best young player going around by miles & ever seen for long a time .
I can’t believe some flog posters here were going on & on about splitting our first ever number 1 pick.
The media can GGF tossing over Daicos & Darcy & their Cinderella stories . We will just go about business on draft night & stick it up every one when we call out with our pick 1 “Jason Horne Francis” .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The latest from Nightmares-------

I see the point being with Horne-Francis that in every game he has played this year, the way he has impacted games more than anything has been with his pressure, tackling and second and third efforts.

The Horne-Francis supporters continue to miss this point and recognise how this is in fact how every week he exerts his influence.

On Daicos v Horne-Francis, Collingwood would like for Horne-Francis to be picked before Daicos. It saves them points. That said, Daicos has outperformed Horne-Francis this year and is this draft's best talent.

On Horne-Francis' kicking as that has been mentioned a few times. He's in the average category for me. It's not a weapon to his game. His kick placement can lack consistency - we only need to look back at what he was doing last week overshooting targets. He can also rush his disposals and not lower his eyes at times, though is reasonable in this regard and much better than a say Roberts. Once at AFL level, I'd be surprised if anyone refers to his kicking as a weapon to his game. It's his tackling/pressure/second and third efforts. With as those tertiary strengths being his ball winning on the move and further down that list his aerial marking forward of centre.

The point I've been making and I can't speak for others is that while I'd agree with anyone who says he's a top-2 pick this year on quality, there seems to be a widespread misunderstanding as to how he impacts games.

He's more like Hugh Greenwood than he Patrick Dangerfield or whatever fanciful player comparisons or even stylistic comparisons people are coming up with. And that should be pretty obvious. Dangerfield is a ball winner and all offense. He doesn't work hard both ways. Horne-Francis is a genuine two way player who impacts games defensively more than he does offensively. That's what makes him special and unique because there aren't a lot who do that.

I don't want to jinx it, but the thought of teams having to plan on how to negate/tag JHF, TT and/or LDU, while ignoring Jy, WP and TP because the midfield is too deep and they're not the priority is delicious.

Very different to the days of Harvey getting a tag every week ...

Please let them all come on as we hope 🙏
If all of JHF, LDU, TT, Simpkin, Powell and Phillips keep on developing at this trajectory we'll rolling with something like the Geelong 07-10 midfield of GAJ, Bartel, Chapman, Kelly, Ling and Corey. Just need to find our Enright and Scarlett.

I see the point being with Horne-Francis that in every game he has played this year, the way he has impacted games more than anything has been with his pressure, tackling and second and third efforts.

The Horne-Francis supporters continue to miss this point and recognise how this is in fact how every week he exerts his influence.

On Daicos v Horne-Francis, Collingwood would like for Horne-Francis to be picked before Daicos. It saves them points. That said, Daicos has outperformed Horne-Francis this year and is this draft's best talent.

On Horne-Francis' kicking as that has been mentioned a few times. He's in the average category for me. It's not a weapon to his game. His kick placement can lack consistency - we only need to look back at what he was doing last week overshooting targets. He can also rush his disposals and not lower his eyes at times, though is reasonable in this regard and much better than a say Roberts. Once at AFL level, I'd be surprised if anyone refers to his kicking as a weapon to his game. It's his tackling/pressure/second and third efforts. With as those tertiary strengths being his ball winning on the move and further down that list his aerial marking forward of centre.

The point I've been making and I can't speak for others is that while I'd agree with anyone who says he's a top-2 pick this year on quality, there seems to be a widespread misunderstanding as to how he impacts games.

He's more like Hugh Greenwood than he Patrick Dangerfield or whatever fanciful player comparisons or even stylistic comparisons people are coming up with. And that should be pretty obvious. Dangerfield is a ball winner and all offense. He doesn't work hard both ways. Horne-Francis is a genuine two way player who impacts games defensively more than he does offensively. That's what makes him special and unique because there aren't a lot who do that.
Knightmares is a straight up football illiterate.

Knightmares is a straight up football illiterate.
He has always been squirrelly character but after last year when he was busted for pretending to watch interstate players while forgoing it because he considered himself too important to pay for subscription services he lost all credibility. Only a sucker could take anything he says as fact, he lies and embellishes when given the opportunity, which is very sad as no other draft watcher on BF will carry on like that but KM is the big name.

Hugh bloody Greenwood.

JHF is playing like this as a 18yo whilst working during the week.
Close your eyes and think 🤔 when this guy becomes a full time footballer in a professional environment.
giphy.gif

That's like one of Gerald's backhanded compliments.

Back