Past Jordan "I don’t think Sydney fans should be nervous at all" Dawson: Grand Theft Completed, traded 2021 to Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Port Adelaide GM of football Chris Davies talking about Dawson and Jeremy Finlayson;

“I’d suggest that our primary target is Jordan Dawson, but if that wasn’t to come to fruition we’ll look at other ways to improve our list.”

Jordan’s a huge loss but Wer yet to see the net gain/ loss.

We lose Dawson but bring in 16 and possibly a player

A spot opens up for campbell to play on the wing.

Blakey will get more responsibility as I suspect the plan will be to play through him.

A lot of ifs in there, but losing Dawson is a negative but if the positives outweigh that negative then it’s a good thing

Jordan’s a huge loss but Wer yet to see the net gain/ loss.

We lose Dawson but bring in 16 and possibly a player

A spot opens up for campbell to play on the wing.

Blakey will get more responsibility as I suspect the plan will be to play through him.

A lot of ifs in there, but losing Dawson is a negative but if the positives outweigh that negative then it’s a good thing
I don't think the positives will ever outweigh the negatives, but I feel we can only see the negatives at the moment. As long as we get SOME positives out of this situation I'll be relieved.

Yep, Dawson didn’t do a lot in the GWS semi.

Evidently Rohan MkII. Goes missing in finals. Glad he’s going.🙄

Haha I was not impressed with his final and thought he uncharacteristically turned it over too much. That being said, objectivity seems to go out the window at this time of the year. Players who were not long ago above reproach are suddenly fair game when discussing their flaws. Similarly, as Millky pointed out, players whose flaws were well documented suddenly become beacons of talent once they go to another club.

It really irks me as someone who tries to be as objective as possible and I often end up copping flack for it. I do think that people can change their opinions over time, but sometimes it is obvious when that change of tone is authentic and fact-based, and it's obvious when that change is purely from the person judging a player through a Swans-biased lens.

Haha I was not impressed with his final and thought he uncharacteristically turned it over too much. That being said, objectivity seems to go out the window at this time of the year. Players who were not long ago above reproach are suddenly fair game when discussing their flaws. Similarly, as Millky pointed out, players whose flaws were well documented suddenly become beacons of talent once they go to another club.

It really irks me as someone who tries to be as objective as possible and I often end up copping flack for it. I do think that people can change their opinions over time, but sometimes it is obvious when that change of tone is authentic and fact-based, and it's obvious when that change is purely from the person judging a player through a Swans-biased lens.

No u were right Dawson was s**t, Florent hit better kicks from HB than he did

Port can just give us Zak Butters and Ollie Wines and we'll call it even.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port Adelaide GM of football Chris Davies talking about Dawson and Jeremy Finlayson;

I like that. I assume its legit interest but if not they're doing us a solid for letting Aliir go so cheaply/easily.
Keep pumping up the price the Crows would need to pay. Nice work

Remember when we started trying to shake him loose from the tree early in the year, and it was us, we didn’t expect him to be this good or have the year he did

we’re trying to buy a whole lot better class of machinery than we thought we were. Which presents challenges of its own etc

I must be one of the only ones, but pick 4 doesn't interest me that much, well not at the expense of 12. It's so flat after the second live pick I'd be far more interested in quantity of high picks rather than quality of picks.
yep agree.. I would like to see..
Crows
Dawson + p31 = p4
Dawson + p12 = p4 + p23 (or future 2nd if the Swans are looking to bolster future draft hand)
Dawson + p12 + p31 = p4 + p23 + future pick or a decent future upgrade
Port
Dawson + 31 = p16 + player (Hayes unlikely, Ladhams and Port pay half his salary next year)
Dawson = p16 + future 2nd
Dawson + future 2nd = p16 + future 1st

Not sure if we'll chase Ladhams now we have Hickey. Think Ladhams may stretch our salary cap
Hope Dawson doesn't nominate and we can get the best deal out of the competing 2 SA clubs

All humans have biases and I think people are just trying to rationalise the fact that he's leaving.

I've always thought that the psychology of sports fans is an interesting topic. You always see similar themes come up now and again. For example, some players who leave are still admired or respected (Aliir, Hanners), whereas others are hated (Mitchell, Jones).

I just think its all part if being a sports fan, and opinions will differ from person to person.

Are we over-egging the Campbell pudding a little? People talking him up like he’s a bona fide star. He’s played eight games so far.

Agreed, it's still very early and he hasn't shown enough to guarantee he'll make it. For the record I think he will, but surely he'll be a project player for at least the next 2 to 3 years. Gulden was just a special player who has starred from the get go, but that's the exception to the rule.

The price he is pumping will be the size of the contract and not trade value, once he nominate there will be no bidding war.
No "war" I agree. But 30mins left in the trade period with still just pick 23 from Crows on offer, I daresay we have some (albeit small) leverage to drive a better deal.

Are we over-egging the Campbell pudding a little? People talking him up like he’s a bona fide star. He’s played eight games so far.

Don’t forget Campbell was best on ground in all star game with his draft class. The kid is a special talent, he just hasn’t been able to showcase it playing back pocket. We won’t see what he’s capable of until he’s moved to the midfield

Remove this Banner Ad

Back