Welcome Michael Voss - The Real Boss!

Remove this Banner Ad

not seeing this so much as he has the potential to bring these personal attributes to the team - gotta enjoy the romance of coaching a team you followed, bh?

Always happy to have a bit of romance and we're all better for it. ;)

But we've had that, what better than being coached by Ratts and even Teague (both B&F winners) and that all finished in tears.

Guess I'm saying that we need a bit more to climb up the ladder, I hope he brings more than just that and his playing ability to coaching.

I have my doubts about Voss, but if he can develop a competent gameplan and inspire/motivate the players to excellence than more power to him. I would've preferred Lyon or Pyke but with a solid support team around him, I think this might alleviate some of my concerns.

I am rapt that we have selected Vossy! He has experience, he knows what it takes to win, and he can clearly stand there and look the players in the eye and ask them to go when it's their turn, and put their head over the ball. Just think about how he got smashed by Burns, then got up and got the handball off to Black I think it was and they scored.

What an inspirational leader and I think clearly the best person for the job.

Absolutely stoked.

It's been a while since we have had an inspirational leader in charge at the club.

He has lead from the front so I think he can translate that to coaching now he has some experience and has learnt from one mistake

The Brian Cook appointment dragged me back BigFooty, the Voss appointment will make me hang around for another 13 year stint.
I’m wrapped and my big bro is over the ******* moon.
“We”………finally!!
cc.❤

Is that you chelseablues?

Voss was a big part of it, not to say we didn't have a list manager but he was very much a spearhead of trying to get the most out of our aging premiership stars (Black/Brown/Power) by surrounding them with players of similar experience/age. We had just played finals in 2009 and he wanted to go one step further. Didn't come off but you want your club/leaders to be ambitious and not settle.

But that is the past and obviously Voss would have learned from that experience, it's not going to be an issue for the Blues at all.

<valid strategy IMO, but just didnt come off. Hawks topped up and it worked. The downside is that you piss off younger players that arent getting a game, and without a great club culture they want out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unsure if it's been posted here but I hope he can inject an ounce of this toughness into the playing group.

No doubt about his playing credentials or courage ...

Large majority think he will be successful as he participated in a proper process and came out the winner in the end. Cook, Diesel and Sayers all give him the thumbs up so that's good enough for me.

We were always going to get an experienced coach given what what said when Teague was sacked. Voss was the only one available. First timers were interviewed but were never getting it. In terms of experience it is ironic that 5 failed years at Brisbane was the thing that got him over the line against Kingsley. Not sure if the Scotts or Buckley were available that Voss would have got a look in. First timers have won every flag bar one since 2003.

:blueheart: this pic

E_8tBF6VcAogEBk
Good things come in 3's
New Pres
New CEO
New Coach

The 3 Musketeers!
BTW - The Three Musketeers is a French historical adventure novel written in 1844
1+8+4+4 = 17 :p

Voss is somewhat a coach with training wheels, and while he has been a head coach before, the game has really changed in that time. The difference, is that he has remained in the game, despite only under the one senior coach. Essentially, we are unsure of what his gameplan will be and or how long it will take to have a consistent positive effect.

I hope the core of that gameplan is defensively minded first, without the stagnate or kamikaze attacking layers. Also of interest is who he uses and where, but no doubt there will be a host of changes.

My hope, is that the club and supporters are patient until consistency kicks in. Like this year, finals should be a given, but my focus will be how this list evolves

Remove this Banner Ad

Back