List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our midfield cannot compete with that freight train we saw last night.

Anyone who think it's does, is absolutely delusional.

Firstly, we need an established contested ball winner.
12 months ago the same was being said on the melbourne board

Fact is that things change and who knows what happens when the time comes
people are way too quick to write clubs and players off

When you read through the posts of those saying that we'll be back in contention, it all comes down to having a hell of a lot going right for us to get back to being competitive. People are saying we need a good run with injury, yet the players they're relying on having that good run have proven to be injury prone over the last 2-3 years with the likes of Cotchin Prestia Nankervis having missed extended periods with soft tissue issues, plus others having gone down with contact injuries as well. Injuries aren't going to suddenly stop happening.

So while I agree the team is capable, I think what they're capable of is making the lower part of the 8 and maybe winning a final or 2, but I don't think we've got the ability to win the whole thing, unless some of the younger players really come on and hit unexpected levels of performance.
Think we still have a nucleus of a side that is capable.
Our backline is solid.
Fwd line with Lynch
The availability of Soldo shouldn't be underestimated.
More midfield time into Bolton.
Overall we were cooked because of 2020.
Think it's a blessing we missed this year

Our backline is solid.
Fwd line with Lynch
Soldo will be a big in, completely changes our options tucking and stoppage wise, frees up nank to fill holes and allows us to win taps

12 months ago the same was being said on the melbourne board

Fact is that things change and who knows what happens when the time comes
people are way too quick to write clubs and players off
People forget how good Soldo was becoming before his injury he makes a huge difference in the middle and believe he will be our best recruit for next year
A fully fit Soldo and Nank more than matches Gawn and Jackson and gives us an advantage in the centre clearances

Our backline is solid.
Fwd line with Lynch
Agree we have the nucleus, but I don't think we're in a good a position as others. Back line will be quite solid with Tarrant joining Balta Grimes Vlastuin Broad Stack D.Rioli & Short, but in the middle and up forward I see big issues that will need a lot of work to rectify

People forget how good Soldo was becoming before his injury he makes a huge difference in the middle and believe he will be our best recruit for next year
A fully fit Soldo and Nank more than matches Gawn and Jackson and gives us an advantage in the centre clearances
Petracca , Salem , Gawn , Oliver , Lever & May all had stellar years and the stars aligned in 2021

No Guarantee's it will happen again and the team does lose a bit of hunger " Premiership hangover'
We just need 2 of our younger players to step up Dow , RCD , Martyn , Cumberland , Ross have all now had 2/3+ years and another preseason they will have the fitness/Body/Smarts and ready to take over

easier draw and longer break to refresh and raring to go

Definitely need to refresh the mids. Anyone who thinks we can roll with Cotchin,sheds, lambert are in denial. Time to give the younger blokes a real go. Melbourne are what we were in 17. IMO we have alot of work to do and some older boys could really be found wanting next year.

I think we can push some of them to the flanks and give the responsibility to the younger guys. If we can get a mature midfielder in it would go a long way to improving us. Treloar for nothing last year is looking like a big lost opportunity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think we can push some of them to the flanks and give the responsibility to the younger guys. If we can get a mature midfielder in it would go a long way to improving us. Treloar for nothing last year is looking like a big lost opportunity.

Personally i dont think so

He is not the mid we need and people are complaining about Prestia injuries , Treloar is not much better and i can see his strings as getting worse

Prestia Cotchin Martin Bolton Edwards Graham + our first pick this year can take it up to any midfield. It's the structure and gameplan that needs tweaking.

I’d add in Soldo, I don’t rate Nankervis as a center bounce ruckman. Too often we’ve conceded big runs straight out of the middle.

Jeez I'm a bit sick of reading about how injured Dion Prestia is, or how unfit RCD is, or how good the Melbourne midfield is on this thread.

I'm no mod so probably out of my lane here, but any chance we can stick to discussing trades and drafting etc? Getting a bit sick of wading through a million posts with SFA to do with the topic.

Well.A big pre-season means you can improve outside of game sim.So the question will always remain with him.If he hasn't improved his tank in 3 pre-seasons then the 4th isn't going to be somekind of turning point.
Garry Ablett junior played his first full season in the midfield at 24 years old due to 2 reasons, lack of a tank,
Lack of enough fitness,
Became a all time great mid.

Am I the only one who thinks Soldo is being massively overrated in here?
Not to mention he’s coming off a knee and 12 months out of the game.
He is every chance to be rubbish again.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree we have the nucleus, but I don't think we're in a good a position as others. Back line will be quite solid with Tarrant joining Balta Grimes Vlastuin Broad Stack D.Rioli & Short, but in the middle and up forward I see big issues that will need a lot of work to rectify
We got a good backbone to build our next side, how far we can go in next 12m will depend on many variables , could say that about most sides though

Been on the list for 5 years and only played over 20 games twice

He’s definitely a key player in our engine room when up and about but definitely not reliable to get on the parkView attachment 1246636
Fk is that all he played , combine that with interruption to rest of our midfield explains everything, the unfortunate part is it’s high probability to continue , fingers crossed he has some luck

If we are to trade for pick #3 which is a very big IF as i dont think GC would

#7 + 2022 1st round for #3 + #19

trade out later picks 39,40,44 to doggies for #17 (1237 points for 1025 points)

#28 +#26 +Cj to Norf for 2022 2nd + #20

2021 picks
#3 + #15 + #17 + #19 + #20

2022 picks
1st round - No pick
2nd round - Norf + Richmond

If you ended up going down that path, it would be prudent to switch out 17 or 19 for a similar pick next year and spread the risk over 2 drafts and provide more flexibility for 2022.

We got a good backbone to build our next side, how far we can go in next 12m will depend on many variables , could say that about most sides though
Our inability to match it with most teams in the midfield combined with our poor forward structure that saw us struggle to score are going to be big variables to overcome.

Our backline is solid.
Fwd line with Lynch

Our forward line needs work big time we look lost at times the smalls big issue.

Our inability to match it with most teams in the midfield combined with our poor forward structure that saw us struggle to score are going to be big variables to overcome.
Our midfield had one arm tied behind the back with absences and then several labouring on return. It’s in the lap of the gods if they can get a run at it or the rot has set in with their health and fitness. You can’t judge our midfield on ‘21

I hope we don’t trade up and then get Hobbs! Will still be there at 9 and not worth losing a decent pick for anyway.
More first round picks please not less.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
How would you know haha?
If the club rates him that high I say go for it.
Phantom drafts are the biggest load of s**t. None are ever correct. They exist just to build excitement.

Fk is that all he played , combine that with interruption to rest of our midfield explains everything, the unfortunate part is it’s high probability to continue , fingers crossed he has some luck
Worst part is he very rarely pulls up lame after a game he usually breaks down during and kills our rotations. Considering when we got him it was for approx $750 P/A he's almost the highest paid player in the game pro rata. Hope his last contract factored that in. Considering prior to this year Dusty's probably missed under 10 games total across his entire career. Potentially Prestia is on more than Dusty when you balance it out over games played.

Am I the only one who thinks Soldo is being massively overrated in here?
Not to mention he’s coming off a knee and 12 months out of the game.
He is every chance to be rubbish again.

“He is every chance to be rubbish again

B9B1AB4A-527F-474F-A129-333D2419148B.gif

417A96DA-1ED2-4C76-A9A6-F7A2B95FE18B.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back