Past Jordan "I don’t think Sydney fans should be nervous at all" Dawson: Grand Theft Completed, traded 2021 to Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Dawson’s level of improvement must have caught the club by surprise ptherwise they should never have let him get out of contract if he was that highly valued - players in all sports generally have great years in the final year of their contract - if you want control don’t let the good ones get on the market - or keep your fingers crossed that they are happy to rent in Sydney and not buy
Dawson always wanted to play wing through to HFF. He played well but not amazingly through the first half of the season where he played mainly at HBF. Nothing like his later form.
Then Horse moved him forward and JMac and Blakey back. Made him one of the main distributors inside 50 and blockers of opponents rebounds. The role suited him perfectly in skills and made him much happier.
Pounds to peanuts that's when the Crows started working on him and his partner and family. Doubt he told the Swans much, if at all. Blindsided us, which is where the anger and disappointment comes from, at least for me.
I don't mind a young man trying to improve his circumstances both family and financial but LYING about your intentions is another thing altogether.
Aliir and Papley didn't do that and generated little or no heat in their negotiations. Different circumstances and outcomes but I'll bet both were totally honest with the club.
Rant over.

Dawson always wanted to play wing through to HFF. He played well but not amazingly through the first half of the season where he played mainly at HBF. Nothing like his later form.
Then Horse moved him forward and JMac and Blakey back. Made him one of the main distributors inside 50 and blockers of opponents rebounds. The role suited him perfectly in skills and made him much happier.
Pounds to peanuts that's when the Crows started working on him and his partner and family. Doubt he told the Swans much, if at all. Blindsided us, which is where the anger and disappointment comes from, at least for me.
I don't mind a young man trying to improve his circumstances both family and financial but LYING about your intentions is another thing altogether.
Aliir and Papley didn't do that and generated little or no heat in their negotiations. Different circumstances and outcomes but I'll bet both were totally honest with the club.
Rant over.

fair enough ... and not a rant ...
i felt prettymuch the same ... i was convinced he'd stay, had no doubt ...
the whole thing has been gutting ... but the personal animosity was fleeting ... for him, it's business and that's fair enough too

I hope Dawson becomes a mediocre player in the crows side, and I hope the player Adelaide draft with pick 4 is an absolute bust.

Now can all the Adelaide posters pi$$ off like Dawson did
I got warned for that , but your right . Thread closed ,like my love of 34 . At least Luffy and AJ are decent and loyal.

I got warned for that , but your right . Thread closed ,like my love of 34 . At least Luffy and AJ are decent and loyal.

The upside is that our wing rotation instead of Dawson next year will likely be Heeney, Errol and Braeden, all Swans boys who love this club and have grown up supporting it. Things have a funny way of working out.

Justin Reid, Adelaide's List Manager being interviewed on afl.com.au now

- monitored Dawson ever since his draft year, and monitored closely past 3 years.
- says wanted to act in good faith, PSD was never discussed with Sydney, never entertained.
- want to utilise him kicking inside 50.
- approximate 10-15 different deals offered by both sides.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

- monitored Dawson ever since his draft year, and monitored closely past 3 years.
- says wanted to act in good faith, PSD was never discussed with Sydney, never entertained.

Yes of course thats why you offered North all your picks last week

Mmm. I love the smell of napalm in the morning.

Didn't like him enough to actually draft him.

Acted in good faith. They still have the gall to insult us to our faces. Just say it like it is "we never intended to pay Swans fair value for Dawson and have every intention on walking him to the PSD. Swans are lucky we gave them anything" would have been a much more honest statement

This makes me ill. Us Swans fans all knew we were getting shafted, but this just confirms it.

Acted in good faith. They still have the gall to insult us to our faces. Just say it like it is "we never intended to pay Swans fair value for Dawson and have every intention on walking him to the PSD. Swans are lucky we gave them anything" would have been a much more honest statement
Ah well, they're still a dud team & when Rory Sloane retires, they're going to be even worse.

Selling the farm for Gibbs cost them 5 years. And Collective Minds added another 5 years in purgatory. Tex's antics were just the icing on the poo-cake.

Yes, we got unders on Dawson, but Adelaide will become Essendon-esque in their perennial failure.

And when failure becomes a permanent feature, their "good faith" list manager will be scrolling Seek.com.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back