List Mgmt. 2021 Young Talent Time

Remove this Banner Ad

He'd be fine on a wing imo.

That's not really where he has played his best football as far as I can tell. He does his best work as a centre bounce mid. He sounds like a balanced inside/outside mid, but he is not a genuine winger.

All good sides have large mids that are amongst their best players (Wines, Petracca, Oliver, Bont, Dangerfield, etc.). If we are using a top 10 pick on a mid, it better be on a big mid who can be a point of difference to Brayshaw/Serong, and not some vanilla/small/balanced mid. The likes of Hobbs, Ward, Sonsie, etc. have absolutely zero appeal to me.

Otherwise you end up like Essendon with Merrett, Parish and McGrath. All good players, but as a grouping their size is a liability. They currently rely on someone like Stringer to have one of his good games in the middle.

That's not really where he has played his best football as far as I can tell. He does his best work as a centre bounce mid. He sounds like a balanced inside/outside mid, but he is not a genuine winger.

All good sides have large mids that are amongst their best players (Wines, Petracca, Oliver, Bont, Dangerfield, etc.). If we are using a top 10 pick on a mid, it better be on a big mid who can be a point of difference to Brayshaw/Serong, and not some vanilla/small/balanced mid. The likes of Hobbs, Ward, Sonsie, etc. have absolutely zero appeal to me.

Otherwise you end up like Essendon with Merrett, Parish and McGrath. All good players, but as a grouping their size is a liability. They currently rely on someone like Stringer to have one of his good games in the middle.
Disagree that those players are good because of their size. Agree that if you have the choice it is best to diversify the size and skills of the players at your club. If Ward made it to our pick, he would be sufficiently 'better' than the other remaining players for me to overlook a slight preference to size diversity. Especially since he can play wing hehe.

I remain unconvinced 190 cm midfielders are at an advantage over 185 cm ones other than if you have a dominant ruck and it's a game where the opposition ruck is failing to nullify him. (GF is a good example of this).
If the ball is spilling to 50/50s or to the ground more often if anything it's disadvantage.

As a tiebreaker you'd take the taller mid every time but I wouldn't be reaching past talent for it.

Can anyone tell me why we wouldn't take Erasmus? Seems to be more love for the likes of a winger like NWM? Surely we would look pretty stupid if the best WA talent was passed by us yet again
NWM is a beautiful kick, user of the ball. What I didn’t see was
Express pace.
Reminds me more of silk than anything else.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Goater.

I watched 4 games of underage football this year which is about 3 more than I would normally watch. I’m admittedly shithouse at picking underage talent but in each of the games I watched my eyes were drawn to this Arthur Jones kid featured in this article. I would love to rookie him and see what he turns into but thankfully I don’t know how to cobble. Still, I’m a little surprised I haven’t heard more about him from the guys that do watch a lot of junior footy.
He’s still only about 15 so not quite on the radar yet
Only just got Perth exposure this year .
Kid is an amazing natural athlete.

Goater’s highlight reel, is similar to Brodie’s in his draft year.

Much as I like the Goat, we picked up cover with Brodie.

What we lost in Cerra, was a skilled kick into the fwd line, who doubles as a 1/4 back behind the center bounce inside mids.

Johnson could fill that role if the club was looking for a replacement in that area.

But they keep saying best available.. and if Callahan makes it to our first pick, we grab him!

Goater’s highlight reel, is similar to Brodie’s in his draft year.

Much as I like the Goat, we picked up cover with Brodie.

What we lost in Cerra, was a skilled kick into the fwd line, who doubles as a 1/4 back behind the center bounce inside mids.

Johnson could fill that role if the club was looking for a replacement in that area.

But they keep saying best available.. and if Callahan makes it to our first pick, we grab him!

overhead Goater is >than Cerra and Brodie - Goater is definitely Mundyish

No I thought most people think of Chapman as an inside mid in the mould of Mundy.
Wasn’t JLo talking up Chapman as a Hamling replacement in one of his interviews ? I can see it happening. Plays like the General Johno

Remove this Banner Ad

Back