• Horne-Francis

Votes: 227 92.7%
  • Callaghan

Votes: 13 5.3%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 5 2.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I think you will find Twomeys looks vanilla because most know he is not far off the mark & a lot of the people on here stick around his suggestions which is why its vanilla. However @Soupp is his own man & l personally like the different take....He was high on Horne-Francis when he only had the one name.

I am not sure what to make of Twomey, he and Emma Quayle were really good at getting the top 10 of the phantom drafts really close to how it would pan out and a fair bit of that involves around guessing which club takes which player, because not all clubs rate the talent the same way so it doesn't matter who you think is better or not.

He seems defensive about his comment that Daicos is better than JHF, like he is justified in sticking with him at #1 and is perhaps not reading the water that we have a strong chance of using pick 1 on JHF. His mindset should be to try and predict what we will do with pick one if he wants his phantom draft to go down similar to how the clubs take the players.

Perhaps it is an ego thing that he now rates his own opinion higher than what he thinks clubs will do. Who knows.

Worpel is sh*t.
Was it you or some other peanut that said the same thing about Harry McKay about a year ago.

Anyways….

images

I am not sure what to make of Twomey, he and Emma Quayle were really good at getting the top 10 of the phantom drafts really close to how it would pan out and a fair bit of that involves around guessing which club takes which player, because not all clubs rate the talent the same way so it doesn't matter who you think is better or not.

He seems defensive about his comment that Daicos is better than JHF, like he is justified in sticking with him at #1 and is perhaps not reading the water that we have a strong chance of using pick 1 on JHF. His mindset should be to try and predict what we will do with pick one if he wants his phantom draft to go down similar to how the clubs take the players.

Perhaps it is an ego thing that he now rates his own opinion higher than what he thinks clubs will do. Who knows.

Twomey speaks to all the clubs and they give him the Intel on who goes where early.
That's why he generally gets the to 15 spot on.

We threw a spanner in the works when pulled Phillips name out unexpectedly last year.

Well there you go. Lots have bagged Knightmare for stubbornly sticking to his opinion and valuing stats over impact but he's changed his tune on this.

Well there you go. Lots have bagged Knightmare for stubbornly sticking to his opinion and valuing stats over impact but he's changed his tune on this.
I was gonna post something very similar actually.

Its actually interesting that he seems to value impact on the game over stats in this case and its nothing I'd have picked him to do. In fact I take * all notice of him and that's one of the reasons.

I remember a mate being savage on us picking Cunnington over Rohan....

Rohan looked like a jet in his pre-draft highlights. I wanted him to complement our seemingly full inside mid stocks.

I am very happy the club thought otherwise.

Rohan looked like a jet in his pre-draft highlights. I wanted him to complement our seemingly full inside mid stocks.

I am very happy the club thought otherwise.
Pre his draft I thought Rohan was all icing an no cake, and the hype train was in full effect for him. So much so he got Vic Country B&F and AA honours despite statistically being nothing more than a poor to average flanker (12.9 touches a game at TAC, 13.8 for Vic Country) Very much a potential pick due to his speed and leap. Thank * we went for a bloke who know how to footy. Always go for the bloke who knows how to footy.

Conversely, shouldn't they be able to focus on their education without having to worry about a draft in the lead up? Including the disappointment of missing out before the most stressful culmination of years of education?

I'm all for the draft being much earlier, but in hand that means lifting the draft age by a year. 99% of the kids that get drafted are gonna need to nail their exams because this is not a lifetime gig.
Should lower the draft to 17, so that kids who dont get drafted can make a better crack at VCE or head into a trade earlier.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should lower the draft to 17, so that kids who dont get drafted can make a better crack at VCE or head into a trade earlier.
They should have done it this year.
We would have two years of draft crops to choose from.
Our picks after 1 would improve massively.
It would be the best draft ever easily.
Moving the age from 18 either massively advantages the team finishing last. Or completely disadvantages them if you move to 19.

Last edited:
Pre his draft I thought Rohan was all icing an no cake, and the hype train was in full effect for him. So much so he got Vic Country B&F and AA honours despite statistically being nothing more than a poor to average flanker (12.9 touches a game at TAC, 13.8 for Vic Country) Very much a potential pick due to his speed and leap. Thank fu** we went for a bloke who know how to footy. Always go for the bloke who knows how to footy.

Statistically yes but he was eye-catching. Really strong overhead mark for his size, fast and a good kick at goal on the run.

For all the s**t levelled at him here he is in finals teams 12 years later.

Statistically yes but he was eye-catching. Really strong overhead mark for his size, fast and a good kick at goal on the run.

For all the sh*t levelled at him here he is in finals teams 12 years later.

And how much better off would Geelong have been if he hadn't been in those finals teams? Not to mention the Swans before that. All sizzle on a good day, but no sausage when the going is tough, unlike Cunners.

I could have told all of you back in that Draft year, Cunners was the man for us. He grew up experiencing the winter mud on a dairy farm and would have been asked to do the hard yards pretty well as soon as he took his first steps. My understanding is Rohan's family were also on a dairy farm, but different circumstances as share farmers.

Any kid, who after a TAC game drives back to Princetown and then whatever the hour of day or night goes and jumps into the Gellibrand River to do his recovery, is as tough as you will get. As I understand it that was Cunners.

If you know the Gellibrand, on a gloomy cloudy day, it is dark, foreboding, and freezing cold, any day of the year, let alone in Winter when the Antarctic gales roar up from the South.

If you know the Gellibrand, on a gloomy cloudy day, it is dark, foreboding, and freezing cold, any day of the year, let alone in Winter when the Antarctic gales roar up from the South.
H you really are Bart's grandad off the Simpsons..

** insert old man yells at cloud gif **

Twomey speaks to all the clubs and they give him the Intel on who goes where early.
That's why he generally gets the to 15 spot on.

We threw a spanner in the works when pulled Phillips name out unexpectedly last year.

That is my point, the language from our club is we are taking JHF with pick one, so it doesn't matter if you think Daicos is significantly better, if you want to get your phantom draft right, you would put JHF at number one. With him sticking Daicos number one, he is going to be behind every hack amateur's phantom who is sticking JHF number one because they expect North to use pick one on him.

He has a weird stance, the only justification for him putting Daicos number one in his phantom draft is because he is confident North will bid on him with pick one. This is different from his articles which rate talent, the phantom draft is all about predicting how the clubs will take the players.

And how much better off would Geelong have been if he hadn't been in those finals teams? Not to mention the Swans before that. All sizzle on a good day, but no sausage when the going is tough, unlike Cunners.

I could have told all of you back in that Draft year, Cunners was the man for us. He grew up experiencing the winter mud on a dairy farm and would have been asked to do the hard yards pretty well as soon as he took his first steps. My understanding is Rohan's family were also on a dairy farm, but different circumstances as share farmers.

Any kid, who after a TAC game drives back to Princetown and then whatever the hour of day or night goes and jumps into the Gellibrand River to do his recovery, is as tough as you will get. As I understand it that was Cunners.

I posted a story here some time back about playing at Princetown oval.

The hail was storming in directly off Bass Strait. Every player had bloody faces and arms from the sharp hailstones. We would all face away from the wind with one from each team keeping watch in case the ball came down our end.

Talk about an Antarctic blast.

That is my point, the language from our club is we are taking JHF with pick one, so it doesn't matter if you think Daicos is significantly better, if you want to get your phantom draft right, you would put JHF at number one. With him sticking Daicos number one, he is going to be behind every hack amateur's phantom who is sticking JHF number one because they expect North to use pick one on him.

He has a weird stance, the only justification for him putting Daicos number one in his phantom draft is because he is confident North will bid on him with pick one. This is different from his articles which rate talent, the phantom draft is all about predicting how the clubs will take the players.
As it says in the intro to the article, that was not his mock draft; it was his own form guide. He will do a mock draft closer to the actual draft and you would think he would put JHF at No. 1 in that.

Back