Discussion 2021 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Where did you get the 5% number?
92.2% of the eligible population have had one dose...

I would say it'd get to 95% by the time it's "over".

92.2% of the eligible population have had one dose...

I would say it'd get to 95% by the time it's "over".
So if the remaining 5% of people don’t want to get the jab not because of the vaccine itself then what’s the reason?
Because the government told them too? How immature do you have to be to choose not to do something that is more likely to benefit other people more than yourself because the government put a mandate on it?
Let’s not forget that Jones plays on a team where his captain is immunocompromised. It is selfish as * for anyone to put their own agendas ahead of other people’s safety.

So if the remaining 5% of people don’t want to get the jab not because of the vaccine itself then what’s the reason?
Because the government told them too? How immature do you have to be to choose not to do something that is more likely to benefit other people more than yourself because the government put a mandate on it?
Let’s not forget that Jones plays on a team where his captain is immunocompromised. It is selfish as fu** for anyone to put their own agendas ahead of other people’s safety.
Hasn’t he just retired?

Let’s not forget that Jones plays on a team where his captain is immunocompromised. It is selfish as fu** for anyone to put their own agendas ahead of other people’s safety.
No I think that the 5% make up a variety of reasons.

I would say that some people just can't get it (very small percentage), some of them have a fear of needles (very small percentage), and the others who make up the 5% would be people who are either completely against the government, completely against the vaccine, or both.

You are placing Liam in a very small percentage of people to begin with, and that gets even smaller when that 5% is broken up into other different reasons. Ultimately it's unlikely he falls into that boat based on percentages, and more than likely he is similar to a lot of others who have concerns beyond just a vaccine. I guess the only difference with him is that he's more resolute than most because most who probably think like he does have begrudgingly had the vaccine and couldn't or wouldn't risk their livelihood over it. I think it's safe to say the 95% who have had one dose are not all in favour of it.

Jeez this thread got heated. Anyways has anyone thought about what changes to the leadership group might look like? I’d love to see Steele officially take the sole captaincy and maybe elevate Rowan Marshall to a vice captain

The West Australian understands three unvaccinated Eagles players are still working through the process with the club, which confirmed not all of the squad have rolled the arm up yet.

“Our players, who are currently on leave from the club, understand the AFL’s mandate and we are confident they will all be fully vaccinated by the required deadlines so they can continue to train and play.

The West Australian understands three unvaccinated Eagles players are still working through the process with the club, which confirmed not all of the squad have rolled the arm up yet.

“Our players, who are currently on leave from the club, understand the AFL’s mandate and we are confident they will all be fully vaccinated by the required deadlines so they can continue to train and play.
Did it say when the deadlines were? I assume first day of pre-season.

It’s illogical to think his retirement had nothing to do with the Covid jab.
Nah the argument is that it had more to do with just the vaccine, the argument wasn't that it had nothing to do with it haha

No I think that the 5% make up a variety of reasons.

I would say that some people just can't get it (very small percentage), some of them have a fear of needles (very small percentage), and the others who make up the 5% would be people who are either completely against the government, completely against the vaccine, or both.

You are placing Liam in a very small percentage of people to begin with, and that gets even smaller when that 5% is broken up into other different reasons. Ultimately it's unlikely he falls into that boat based on percentages, and more than likely he is similar to a lot of others who have concerns beyond just a vaccine. I guess the only difference with him is that he's more resolute than most because most who probably think like he does have begrudgingly had the vaccine and couldn't or wouldn't risk their livelihood over it. I think it's safe to say the 95% who have had one dose are not all in favour of it.
It’s funny how you think I’m placing Jones in a very small % yet your argument is based on what you ‘think’.
You tell people to ‘do their own research’ yet yours isn’t even based on facts 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s funny how you think I’m placing Jones in a very small % yet your argument is based on what you ‘think’.
You tell people to ‘do their own research’ yet yours isn’t even based on facts 😂
You said that it's only about the vaccine so there's only currently 7.8% of the society he lives in that would fall into that boat. That's not my opinion that's just the vaccine numbers from Victoria. So if there's only 7.8% eligible for your assumption then it is correct for me to say that Jones is being placed into a small percentage of people to begin with. 92.2% of people have had one dose and 7.8% haven't had either. They are facts lol

The vaccine debate is interesting. It's completely missed the scientific reasoning behind it and become it's own cultural campaign (although it was a pandemic). Internally I struggle with the mandate debate. While it is the best way out, I don't agree with the level of government control.

The information has been poor by all levels of government and corporation to provide information about the vaccine. Millions are spent on how to tell someone that they don't consent to a milkshake or a useless government app, but we can't spend any on YouTube videos helping explain what the mRNA vaccines are doing along with vaccine history. (Probably still holding out hoping for the best in people)

So the argument is to speculate on someone’s private decision which you so vehemently opposed people doing in another thread? Interesting.
It's not a private decision because he has just announced his retirement haha. Not sure it gets more public than that!

Oh and my argument in the other conversation was around the entitlement that people felt they had over knowing the vaccination status of somebody else. I actually said all we were entitled to do was to speculate hahaha

The vaccine debate is interesting. It's completely missed the scientific reasoning behind it and become it's own cultural campaign (although it was a pandemic). Internally I struggle with the mandate debate. While it is the best way out, I don't agree with the level of government control.

The information has been poor by all levels of government and corporation to provide information about the vaccine. Millions are spent on how to tell someone that they don't consent to a milkshake or a useless government app, but we can't spend any on YouTube videos helping explain what the mRNA vaccines are doing along with vaccine history. (Probably still holding out hoping for the best in people)
Great post mate :D

It's not a private decision because he has just announced his retirement haha. Not sure it gets more public than that!

Oh and my argument in the other conversation was around the entitlement that people felt they had over knowing the vaccination status of somebody else. I actually said all we were entitled to do was to speculate hahaha
His retirement is public but his decision on why he’s retired is not, you literally just argued against something you said yourself.

His retirement is public but his decision on why he’s retired is not, you literally just argued against something you said yourself.
Nah in the last thing we were going on about what I said was that the actual reasons for absence should be private unless the player is open to making them public and that nobody aside from the doctor, club and player is entitled to that information. I also said that all supporters are entitled to do is to speculate, which is what we've been doing here. Based on percentages I don't believe your assumption is correct, it's difficult for me to believe that this decision is solely one based on a vaccine because of the very small percentage of people that would put him in. It just doesn't make logical sense to assume it.

When I said for people to do their research it was in relation to the side topic on human behaviour and didn't have anything to do with the discussion surrounding Liam.

Nah in the last thing we were going on about what I said was that the actual reasons for absence should be private unless the player is open to making them public and that nobody aside from the doctor, club and player is entitled to that information. I also said that all supporters are entitled to do is to speculate, which is what we've been doing here. Based on percentages I don't believe your assumption is correct, it's difficult for me to believe that this decision is solely one based on a vaccine because of the very small percentage of people that would put him in. It just doesn't make logical sense to assume it.

When I said for people to do their research it was in relation to the side topic on human behaviour and didn't have anything to do with the discussion surrounding Liam.
Sure mate move the goal posts as much as you like.

Sure mate move the goal posts as much as you like.
Just correcting some of the things you think I've said mate that's all :) , it's all there if you want to make sure. If you find something that contradicts it call me out, that's no worries at all :thumbsu:

Jeez this thread got heated. Anyways has anyone thought about what changes to the leadership group might look like? I’d love to see Steele officially take the sole captaincy and maybe elevate Rowan Marshall to a vice captain
Reckon Steele sole captain is a lock. Love Gears but there's no point if you can't get on the park. Steele was essentially sole captain last year anyway.

Not sure if Roma would want VC? He's never come off to me as having a leadership personality but that could be totally different behind closed doors vs media stuff.

On Pixel 5 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I did call you out and you deleted my posts 😂
Haha nah that was unrelated though wasn't it? You didn't demonstrate how I'd said one thing in one post and then contradicted myself in another post.

I deleted two posts of yours and they were these;

What’s the point of a big footy moderator? We don’t need someone to clean up threads because didn’t you know when left to our own devices we will all just get along?

When I deleted that you said in this in response;

Now George deleting my posts. Classic.

Which was also deleted.

Criticism of mods can be done privately as per the rules :thumbsu:

If you need me to send a link to them or whatever just let me know :)

Haha nah that was unrelated though wasn't it? You didn't demonstrate how I'd said one thing in one post and then contradicted myself in another post.

I deleted two posts of yours and they were these;

When I deleted that you said in this in response;

Which was also deleted.

Criticism of mods can be done privately as per the rules :thumbsu:

If you need me to send a link to them or whatever just let me know :)
Now posting deleted posts and PMs. Good work george 😂

Remove this Banner Ad

Back