EPL Matchday 18 - On Optus Sport

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I think what Hamez said is correct with keeping separate bubbles. Might have been different as well if it was a home game.

Yeah I guess when I think u23 squad I don't think the actual kids playing in the u23 league or whatever, I just think of players who are u23 who are involved with the senior team but are listed in your u23 squad for squad size management. I didn't realise that wasn't the case for Chelsea.

Not having VVD and our starting midfield available made this game closer than it should've been. Kane should've been sent off and the game changes as spurs with 10 would be toothless. Jota's was a penalty as well. This game was gifted to spurs and they still couldn't get the W.

If Chelsea's u23 squad is fully COVID then that game should not have gone ahead. But they had 15 fit outfield senior players, use 4 of the 60 U21, U20 & U18 internationals in the academy to field a proper bench if they were not all isolating.

Sorry? The article states quite clearly what the numbers were.

If Chelsea had false positives that's a different story, but it would be good to know what the threshold is. I.e. if Leeds get a single COVID case can they get their games called off because they have so few players available?
Yes please

Very bizarre that Chelsea were forced to play.
The reasoning (which I don’t agree with) was that they had 14 fit players. In other words, could make 3 subs.

No consistency from the PL.

When did that happen?

Leicester had 9 unavailable for Spurs at home. 4 of which were injuries. Someone mentioned Rodgers was linking their injuries due to not being able to rotate for covid reasons.

The other 5 players were unavailable due to covid or illness which I believe was a deliberately vague statement. Rodgers could have stated 3 were out due covid and 2 were ill without mentioning names but didn't. This is the same as us for Spurs away with 5 unavailable due to covid/illness reasons. Obviously it would have been ridiculous for Spurs to have a 4th match postponed, not that we tried to get a postponement anyway.

IMO Spurs can rightly be aggrieved at the Leicester postponement. 4 of their outs were injuries which I understand isn't being counted towards covid quotas. I reckon Leciester called for the postponement because they knew that all of their defenders were injured and they were going to drop points.

I wonder what happens with League Cup postponements. Considering we couldn't even get a quarter final postponed 2 years ago for our whole senior squad being unavailable I guess the precedent is set. Teams will have to field an U23 team if they have a first team outbreak which obviously compromises the competition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Robertson one is a funny one isn't it?

Not sure what it should be to be honest. He definitely swings and follows through but the contact isn't that bad.

Comparing it to the Kane one though, if Kane escapes red, why does he not? Bizarre.
He gave him a kick that Dhalsim would have been proud of

Title race is all over. Congratulations Mancheter City and Pep.

Said a while ago that Chelsea are not able to last the whole distance and we have started to see cracks the last few weeks.

I don't see Liverpool maintaining the same intensity and drive as Pep and the Citeh players over the rest of the season.

Yes the latest covid outbreak is a factor and the season will likely get postponed again, but at the end of the day, this will not be as close a title race as many were thinking or hoping.

I would be surprised if City don't have the league wrapped up with a 9/10 point gap over the runners up

Under Pep, they have become the consummate league professionals ,and i have no hesitation at this stage declaring them to be Champions Elect once again.

Much more interest will be in the relegation/survival scrap, which may indeed come down to the final game of the season

Imagine if Pep had something to actually complain about and he still went into meltdown.

Unlike Plopp, Pep very rarely melts or throws a tantrum on the sidelines, it's his stoic nature which why he has so many fans amongst neutrals like myself.

Tuchel's teams just don't score enough goals, have said it since he joined Chelsea. Not sure what it is but his system just doesn't get the forwards firing consistently, and you need that in a title race.

Chelsea create enough chances…just missing that quality finish.

0.79 xG against Wolves? 0.91 against Watford? 1.37 against West Ham?

Maybe they just struggle against W teams.. everyone else isn't too bad, but those in their last 5 stand out.

Tuchel's teams just don't score enough goals, have said it since he joined Chelsea. Not sure what it is but his system just doesn't get the forwards firing consistently, and you need that in a title race.
Well we have plenty of shots, we are just crap at getting it in the goal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back