EPL Matchday 22 - On Optus Sport

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah, refreshingly honest.

United are lucky mugs.
Had a crack at Sancho for not being in the team when he was at a funeral. Brings up Sancho's fee when all 3 goalscorers didn't cost us a penny.

He got a bit too excited and disrespectful.

He did reiterate a few times that it was the first half he was talking about where they dominated. But needs to be tone down as they did go 3-0 down. He did mention Sancho but more as an example of difference in money between the clubs…again probably no need to say that. Upset manager after a game so no surprise

Pele retired years ago mate.

At some point years ago, people stopped mentioning Pele as part of the GOAT discussion and I have no idea why that is. It used to be Maradona and Pele were always mentioned side by side but then Pele has totally been dropped it seams.

At some point years ago, people stopped mentioning Pele as part of the GOAT discussion and I have no idea why that is. It used to be Maradona and Pele were always mentioned side by side but then Pele has totally been dropped it seams.

Well tbf he retired in 1974, 48 years ago, so a few generations never got to see him play.

Well tbf he retired in 1974, 48 years ago, so a few generations never got to see him play.

Up to the mid 2000’s he was up there in these discussions and then it just stopped all of a sudden. So yeah, you are probably right.

Up to the mid 2000’s he was up there in these discussions and then it just stopped all of a sudden. So yeah, you are probably right.

He was like Bradman and some of his records will never be equalled.

Ronaldo is probably the greatest of the modern era but it is Pele, Maradona and then daylight as far as I am concerned.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pele was an amateur glorified by his stat padding.

Pfft ok.

Scored a hattrick in a WC semi-final and a brace in the final. At 17.

One of only 4 players to score in 2 WC Finals.

The only player to be part of 3 WC winning teams.

0.84 goals per game in international matches (Ronaldo 0.63 gpg)

That's without even touching what he did at club level which was extraordinary.

Pele was the GOAT. And it's not close.

Pfft ok.

Scored a hattrick in a WC semi-final and a brace in the final. At 17.

One of only 4 players to score in 2 WC Finals.

The only player to be part of 3 WC winning teams.

0.84 goals per game in international matches (Ronaldo 0.63 gpg)

That's without even touching what he did at club level which was extraordinary.

Pele was the GOAT. And it's not close.

Think there was a great article that did a deep dive into his statistics and records and showed they weren't all they were made out to be, but I'm really not that bothered by the debate.

Think there was a great article that did a deep dive into his statistics and records and showed they weren't all they were made out to be, but I'm really not that bothered by the debate.

I don't take much from the 1000 goals stuff. But he was 700 or so legitimate club goals at a goal per game during his career. And then there is his international record which will never be bettered.

To say he was an amateur stat-padder is a joke.

I don't take much from the 1000 goals stuff. But he was 700 or so legitimate club goals at a goal per game during his career. And then there is his international record which will never be bettered.

To say he was an amateur stat-padder is a joke.

His record is vastly overstated, he played at a time when almost all players were amateurs, so where is the inaccuracy in my comment?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back