Game Day Community Series vs Port Adelaide. RICHMOND OVAL. 3:40pm Saturday 5th March

Remove this Banner Ad

Where is this quote from Mutineer ?

I haven't seen him say this, so I suspect you are once again misrepresenting posters on this board.

You should show a quote when making a claim.

He never mentioned this is when comparing stats.
He put the stats of two players up, Keays and Petracca, to show them side by side.. he was comparing stats to show they are similar.

If he wasnt comparing them in anyway in doing so.. then wtf was he doing?…

He put the stats of two players up, Keays and Petracca, to show them side by side.. he was comparing stats to show they are similar.

Read my post again!

I said he compared them ffs!

But he NEVER said that Keays was better than Petracca.

That is a gross misrepresentation that is becoming a regular occurrence for this poster.

Really not hard concept to understand if you can read basic English...

Where is this quote from Mutineer ?

I haven't seen him say this, so I suspect you are once again misrepresenting posters on this board.

You should show a quote when making a claim.

He never mentioned this is when comparing stats.

Geez, that’s pot and kettle stuff. Just have a look, he clearly explains why Keays stacks up against Petracca. He’s not hiding it and he’s also very clear in explaining that none of our senior mids could be improved upon. Look at the stars, it’s all there.

Geez, that’s pot and kettle stuff. Just have a look, he clearly explains why Keays stacks up against Petracca. He’s not hiding it and he’s also very clear in explaining that none of our senior mids could be improved upon. Look at the stars, it’s all there.
Still won't show me the quote... funny that because you know he never said it.

This common practice of yours to misrepresent what other posters have said is the lowest form of posting on this board.

Don't bother replying unless you can show these words you claimed.

Read my post again!

I said he compared them ffs!

But he NEVER said that Keays was better than Petracca.

That is a gross misrepresentation that is becoming a regular occurrence for this poster.

Really not hard concept to understand if you can read basic English...
Ok then… answer this..

Why did Mutineer put Keays and Petracca’s stats side by side in his post?..

What exactly was it that he was trying to explain/prove in doing so if it wasnt for the purpose of making a comparison?..

Ok then… answer this..

What exactly was it that he was trying to explain/prove in doing so if it wasnt for the purpose of making a comparison?..
Ask him... but it doesn't change the fact he never claimed that Keays was better than Petracca!

That was the only point I was making.

Bicks reckons Keays is better than Petracca.
You're becoming this board's absolute Number 1 tool, nowhere did I say anything that even resembles that ya tool.

Last edited:
Ok then… answer this..

You know very well what point I was making, you're fast becoming another contender for the biggest tool on this board, I clearly stated that on those 3 unflattering stat definitions (turnovers, clangers and disposal efficiency) even some of the the very best players in the AFL match Keays....and there's quite a few if you ever cared to drill down on those stats.

You know very well what point I was making, you're fast becoming another contender for the biggest tool on this board, I clearly stated that on those 3 unflattering stat definitions (turnovers, clangers and disposal efficiency) even some of the the very best players in the AFL match Keays....and there's quite a few if you ever cared to drill down on those stats.
You’ve done it twice now tho… used these “unflatering stats” to compare Keays and Petracca.. when doing your best to try and defend Keays.

If you arent using these stats as some obscure way to say “see, Bens * ups arent that bad because Petracca does them too!”… thrn why the * do you keep referring back to them in your defense of Ben FFS???..

Do you not actually see how strange it is that you put stats up side by side to compare two players when desperately trying to defend one of them.. only to then claim “oh, but I’m not really comparing them with each other”!

Faaaark me.. can your method of arguing get anymore disingenuous than that??

And as for your “tool” comment… pfffft… I’m a long way from reaching your lofty heights when it comes to that!..

No, he was comparing a player you said was garbage with a player that everyone would agree is absolutely elite.

He didn't say Keays was better. He was just showing how close his stats were to one of the best players in the league.

You’ve done it twice now tho… used these “unflatering stats” to compare Keays and Petracca.. when doing your best to try and defend Keays.

If you arent using these stats as some obscure way to say “see, Bens fu** ups arent that bad because Petracca does them too!”… thrn why the fu** do you keep referring back to them in your defense of Ben FFS???..

Do you not actually see how strange it is that you put stats up side by side to compare two players when desperately trying to defend one of them.. only to then claim “oh, but I’m not really comparing them with each other”!

Faaaark me.. can your method of arguing get anymore disingenuous than that??

And as for your “tool” comment… pfffft… I’m a long way from reaching your lofty heights when it comes to that!..
And why do you keep heaping s**t on Ben Keays, everybody gets it you think he's crap, you've told us what must be in the 100's of times....Not 1 football has been kicked in the 2022 AFL season proper but you somehow manage to bring Ben Keays' name into your posts with regular monotony.

Nobody has claimed Ben Keays is the second coming but he's been an amazing low cost addition to our list not just on field either, he's brought similar traits to the team off field with his work ethic and preparation, certainly not missed by the coaching panel either hence his elevation to the leadership group.

And why do you keep heaping sh*t on Ben Keays, everybody gets it you think he's crap, you've told us what must be in the 100's of times....Not 1 football has been kicked in the 2022 AFL season proper but you somehow manage to bring Ben Keays' name into your posts with regular monotony.

Nobody has claimed Ben Keays is the second coming but he's been an amazing low cost addition to our list not just on field either, he's brought similar traits to the team off field with his work ethic and preparation, certainly not missed by the coaching panel either hence his elevation to the leadership group.
Well… actually… I’ve been heaping s**t on all 3 of our main “go to” midfielders of Sloane, Keays, Laird.. not so much on mcrouch as he hasnt been there for a year but he’s yet another non-damaging accumulator type… and an in form crouch is probably the best of the four if we’re being honest..

Its just that Ben’s the worst of the four and the one that probably needs to be dropped first.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And why do you keep heaping sh*t on Ben Keays, everybody gets it you think he's crap, you've told us what must be in the 100's of times....Not 1 football has been kicked in the 2022 AFL season proper but you somehow manage to bring Ben Keays' name into your posts with regular monotony.

True has been a great pick up i think bearded clam is an appropriate name

Well… actually… I’ve been heaping sh*t on all 3 of our main “go to” midfields1 of Sloane, Keays, Laird.. not so much on mcrouch as he hasnt been there for a year but he’s yet another non-damaging accumulator type… and an in form crouch is probably the best of the four if we’re being honest..

Its just that Ben’s the worst of the four and the one that probably needs to be dropped first.
Oh you mean matt crouch who was an AA god your a w***er

Oh you mean matt crouch who was an AA god your a w***er
Now, now… No need for the petty insults..

Matt crouch’s AA form is but a distant memory.. over 5 years ago..

and I did say mcrouch is the best of the four of them.. but he’s still an accumulator.. he’s no where near an explosive elite mid. And thats fine.

Very happy for us to keep matty and one of sloane or laird..

But two of the four need to go..

Sloane to half forward.. laird and crouch remain in the middle.. and unfortunately Keays to the SANFL as depth..

Now, now… No need for the petty insults..

Matt crouch’s AA form is but a distant memory.. over 5 years ago..

and I did say mcrouch is the best of the four of them.. but he’s still an accumulator.. he’s no where near an explosive elite mid. And thats fine.

Very happy for us to keep matty and one of sloane or laird..

But two of the four need to go..

Sloane to half forward.. laird and crouch remain in the middle.. and unfortunately Keays to the SANFL as depth..
So by your defenition patty cripps is avg because his skills are not perfect and can be a scatter gun kick ? Danger also ?

True has been a great pick up i think bearded clam is an appropriate name
He’s been a good pick up to fill a hole for the past two years… due to injuries taking sloane and crouch off the field a fair bit in this period and the loss of bcrouch and a couole of other mature mids..

But we have three other mature blokes that pretty much do the same thing.. and a whole heap of potential comming through that we need to increasingly throw into the mix..

So Ben, as the worst of the four, needs to be moved on for the good of the future of the side…

So by your defenition patty cripps is avg because his skills are not perfect and can be a scatter gun kick ? Danger also ?
Thats the same arguement Mutineer is using in bringing Petracca into it.. and its ******* laughable.

Petracca, Cripps, danger… sure, they shank their kicks or turn it over sometimes.. but not as much as Benny Keays does..

And If Cripps, Danger or Petracca get 30+ possessions in a game you can bet that a large percentage of them will be damaging to the opposition.. Keays gets 30+ possessions and, unfortunately, bugger all of them are damaging.

Cripps, Danger and Petracca are also far better decision makers than Keays. They are rightfully recognised as elite midfielders of the game.

Hell.. Keays even manages to “shank” handballs to team mates that are only a few metres away at times!

Wow..
Can some random sookie lah lah please ban me again until atleast round 5.
Some posters think they own these forums to the point it's embarrassing how often they post..
Go play marbles or something.
No one is forcing you to come in here and read it..

And no one “owns” these forums at all.. they are all free for everyone to comment in and provide their opinions..

Sure, at this time of year when we are all waiting for the season to start it can get a bit repetative and boring.. but thats all part of it.

Keays gets 30+ possessions and, unfortunately, bugger all of them are damaging
I mean, Ben was the only one out of him, Laird and Sloane to average more kicks than handballs last year, was also 7th in the comp for Inside 50s. Sounds at least a little bit damaging to me?

Can't we just get back to Chad Rintoul?

No, he was comparing a player you said was garbage with a player that everyone would agree is absolutely elite.

He didn't say Keays was better. He was just showing how close his stats were to one of the best players in the league.
So he's comparing them?

No dog in this argument but wtf am I missing here?

So he's comparing them?

No dog in this argument but wtf am I missing here?
Comparing them not as to who was the better player, nobody would be silly enough to say Keays is as good or better than Christian Petracca. The comparison was on 3 of football's more unflattering stats (turnovers, clangers and disposal efficiency) and on those stats Keays is absolutely no worse than Petracca or several others like Tim Taranto for example.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back