Traded Tim Taranto [Traded to Richmond for #12 and #19]

Remove this Banner Ad

Depends on the club. Essendon are miles off the pace and should keep their pick and hit the draft hard for at least 2 years, and maybe build by bringing in moneyball players.

Hawthorn and where their list is at would be a much more logical choice I would think.
GWS would want too much when we still need to keep hitting the draft

Depends on the club. Essendon are miles off the pace and should keep their pick and hit the draft hard for at least 2 years, and maybe build by bringing in moneyball players.

Hawthorn and where their list is at would be a much more logical choice I would think.
His worth doesn't depend on the club though, other than what pick they end up with due to their ladder position

Whoever might get him is going to have to pay equal to a top 3 pick

Hawthorn may have to give up 2 firsts if they end up making the 8

Not sure that is a smart move either unless they can use a player for value

Taranto for Noah Balta?
I wouldnt think so mate, he's our brightest prospect and plays a position that we have zero depth in.

I would think someone like Soldo possibly and Norths 2nd pick that we have would be plausible.

I wouldnt think so mate, he's our brightest prospect and plays a position that we have zero depth in.

I would think someone like Soldo possibly and Norths 2nd pick that we have would be plausible.
Massive overpayment from the Tigers there, surely you'd want them to throw in Tom Green too?

Our first round pick and norths second round pick? that would be pick 5-10 and pick 20ish (hypothetically) we lack the top 3 pick that GWS would want (Unless our season gets significantly worse of course)

Massive overpayment from the Tigers there, surely you'd want them to throw in Tom Green too?
Hahaha they are desperate for a no 1 ruck and norths pick could end up 20 or so.
Ha Ha. No chance
Probably, but equally no chance a player of Baltas ability and potential either.

Hahaha they are desperate for a no 1 ruck and norths pick could end up 20 or so.

Probably, but equally no chance a player of Baltas ability and potential either.

Well that is fair enough, it's hard to tell that you were matching an silly offer with another silly one lol

Having said that, not yet convinced Balta is as good as you Tigers fans seem to think he is.

That main board thread about Balta is embarrassing

Soldo is a worse ruck than what they already have and pick 20 doesn't even get the conversation started on a player of Taranto's quality.

There is absolutely a chance of a player of Balta's ability and potential. Taranto is just as good a midfielder as Balta is a KPP, and it would be Richmond initiating the trade request so they will be the ones who have to give up something GWS want.

The likely reason why a trade like that wouldn't happen certainly isn't because it isn't fair to Richmond (it's probably favourable to them if anything), but that there's no real reason I can see that Balta would agree to move to GWS.

Well that is fair enough, it's hard to tell that you were matching an silly offer with another silly one lol

Having said that, not yet convinced Balta is as good as you Tigers fans seem to think he is.

With Balta i think its the potential, Showing really good signs for someone who is only 22, Obviously he isn't an elite key position player yet but he is developing well and is a key part of our future. No comment on the main board thread lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Soldo is a worse ruck than what they already have and pick 20 doesn't even get the conversation started on a player of Taranto's quality.

There is absolutely a chance of a player of Balta's ability and potential. Taranto is just as good a midfielder as Balta is a KPP, and it would be Richmond initiating the trade request so they will be the ones who have to give up something GWS want.

The likely reason why a trade like that wouldn't happen certainly isn't because it isn't fair to Richmond (it's probably favourable to them if anything), but that there's no real reason I can see that Balta would agree to move to GWS.
You lost me here, that is a silly comment on the best of days, as silly as my suggestion if you will?

A gun KPP is so much harder to find, especially one as young and versatile as Balta.

On a serious note, I would love Taranto, our first, possibly top 10 and steak knives is where that deal would be done.

There aren't to many teams a player of tarantos calibre wouldn't fit to be fair
Do you have the cap space to afford his asking price though?
Would be a good fit for the Sainters I agree
But yes he is a player that could be the "missing piece" in st kildas midfield

Possibly not yet, but from what we have seen, and for his age (only 22) his ceiling is as high as any KPP in the game. Does he reach those heights? Maybe if he stops being thrown into every position to plug holes in our list.

Possibly not yet, but from what we have seen, and for his age (only 22) his ceiling is as high as any KPP in the game. Does he reach those heights? Maybe if he stops being thrown into every position to plug holes in our list.
'his ceiling is as high as any KPP in the game' really?
His ceiling is higher than Max and Ben King?

He's a jet with versatility. I'd love him on our list.

'his ceiling is as high as any KPP in the game' really?
His ceiling is higher than Max and Ben King?
As high, not higher and yes it is. He has played KPB, Ruck and KPF to a pretty high level at age 22. He could be anything, just like the king boys and Melbourne's Jackson

Remove this Banner Ad

Back