Traded Tim Taranto [Traded to Richmond for #12 and #19]

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure if many Vic clubs would be willing to give up their first round/top 10 pick in this year's strong draft.

Possibly the Saints.. They could be one to watch
good chance ours is at risk with a Davey kid....depending where we finish.
If our 1st is 10, i'd hand it over. i love this kid and he's a puzzle piece we're missing.

This is a very close watch.

Can't see how Giants keep all of Cogs, Kelly, Tom Green, Hopper and Taranto on big money.

One of them will leave.

Got to wonder if they really need all those huge units in the one midfield or if they’d be better off letting a Taranto go and using that money on someone who fills a need they have elsewhere.

Would’ve been better off letting Coniglio go. Taranto and Tom Greene their future. Big mistake will come home to roost if Taranto leaves for better $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Not sure if many Vic clubs would be willing to give up their first round/top 10 pick in this year's strong draft.

Possibly the Saints.. They could be one to watch
He would have to be equal to cerra imo. If geelong could get him for their r1 ..id think they would do it in a eye blink 25 and 6 good years of high level footy. bang.

If the Giants have stones, this is the one they give up for a gun key forward/key back.

Which gun key forward/back is available that wants to go there that would fit in their cap though? I don't see one on this year's market which is why I'd keep Taranto if I was them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Taranto was a pick two and already exceeding the expectations of that pick IMO. By himself he’s worth pick two and a second rounder or something.
What you also need to take into account is that if you took pick 2 to the draft, instead of trading it for Taranto, you could potentially pick someone there who could be at your club for 15 years, whereas Taranto will have already used up 6 years of his career by the end of this season.

I don’t think he’s necessarily worth any more than pick 2.

He is worth a top 10 pick, where in that range would depend on the club chasing him and what they have.

The issue for GWS is they wont be able to play the, "we will just keep him" card. It wont be a fire sale scenario, but I reckon this trade has unders written all over it.

He is worth a top 10 pick, where in that range would depend on the club chasing him and what they have.

The issue for GWS is they wont be able to play the, "we will just keep him" card. It wont be a fire sale scenario, but I reckon this trade has unders written all over it.
Taranto for Noah Balta?

I can't see why he wouldn't be worth pick 3

He's in the top 3 players taken out of his draft and at a great a age

Depends on the club. Essendon are miles off the pace and should keep their pick and hit the draft hard for at least 2 years, and maybe build by bringing in moneyball players.

Hawthorn and where their list is at would be a much more logical choice I would think.

Depends on the club. Essendon are miles off the pace and should keep their pick and hit the draft hard for at least 2 years, and maybe build by bringing in moneyball players.

Hawthorn and where their list is at would be a much more logical choice I would think.
Even could fit Richmond as they have next to no young mids

Remove this Banner Ad

Back