Universal Love Welcome to Freo - Heath Chapman (Pick 14 2020 National Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

I was told how highly the club regarded him last year, and saw the potential. Was blown away by his height - 193cm. I did not expect the composure and skill. He is like a Pendelbury, just seems to have the composure to analyse and move gracefully then hit up a target. We have a very special player on our list here. Well deserved nomination. If he keeps this form up he is chance to overtake Daicos.

And I would pick Chapman #1 on form. Daicos will be great for many years, but key position players are a dime a dozen. Time will tell, but the Dockers certainly got another draft right!

Last edited:

Reminds me of a younger Fyfe. Not too much younger mind you.. Perhaps even a little older.
He reminds me of 4 players rolled into one.
McPharlin's athleticism. Duffield's kicking. Johnson's ability to intercept and Shane Parker's ability to play on talls and smalls. No pressure. This kid could be one of our greats.

Has the most accurate spearing 30-40m inside out kick running at Pace. It's really a sight to behold.

Watched his round 4 highlights from last year, it's amazing how much stronger he looks. In a couple of years could be complete beast mode.

Funny how he and Young seem to find each other with handballs. Cox n Ryan wax it between each other kicking. Poor Walker won't get a touch in the backline

He definitely looks mixed with something
I had a similar complexion in my youth. Had a DNA test recently and have mainly English, Irish, but quite a bit of Baltic and Eastern European. Also a bit of Ethiopian and Native American. I thought I was part indigenous, and was proud of this for my life, without any proof. I guess similar (at a stretch) to Craig Turley (although I was not adopted). I was just a more dark complexion to my siblings. I found out that most on the planet have Scandinavian in them - due to the Vikings. Anyway, from the "look" of Chapman, I would say he has quit a bit of Baltic\Eastern Euro in him. Good fighters, and good water polo players! Of course this could be completely wrong! All that matters is he is a ripper! Freo have always had an awesome dedication for embracing multi-cultural support.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok. I got this one wrong.

Kid's a star.
Me too.

It was obvious in his draft year he had talent, but I didn't want us to draft another defender with our first pick when we had other holes on the list that needed to be filled.

Chappy has been a revelation. He's definitely got the highest ceiling of all of our young talent and we're lucky to have him. It also demonstrates why you should prioritise the best talent on the board and not nessesarily pick for needs with precious first round picks.

Another great pick by Walls and the recruitment team. 👍👍👍

Has the most accurate spearing 30-40m inside out kick running at Pace. It's really a sight to behold.

Watched his round 4 highlights from last year, it's amazing how much stronger he looks. In a couple of years could be complete beast mode.

Funny how he and Young seem to find each other with handballs. Cox n Ryan wax it between each other kicking. Poor Walker won't get a touch in the backline

I'm trying to think who he'd remind me of with a couple more years of bulk on him but I can't think of anyone that tall in defence who moves that well below the knees. His long distance handball that gets us out of trouble and generates attack at the same time is sublime.

Me too.

It was obvious in his draft year he had talent, but I didn't want us to draft another defender with our first pick when we had other holes on the list that needed to be filled.

Chappy has been a revelation. He's definitely got the highest ceiling of all of our young talent and we're lucky to have him. It also demonstrates why you should prioritise the best talent on the board and not nessesarily pick for needs with precious first round picks.

Another great pick by Walls and the recruitment team. 👍👍👍
Yeah remember all the melts because we picked another defender lol

Heath was completely stitched up by Hayden Young’s dog who barked during his entire AFL 360 interview tonight. Robbo suggested he bring the dog into the interview and Heath just looks at the camera and asks Youngy to bring the dog up if he’s watching 😂

Remove this Banner Ad

Back