Welcome Welcome Tom Emmett!! - Pick 41 in the 2022 National Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

2 games is a small sample size but I think Walls and co have picked another ripper here. Love how he isn't afraid of the contest,the pressure he brings and that he still gets goals.

There’s a bit of Tom Papley about him. Similar build too. Will be good to have someone providing genuine competition for Schultz and Switta and Freddy too. Can only be positive to keep those guys looking over their shoulders all the time if their form drops off which happened a lot this year.

There’s a bit of Tom Papley about him. Similar build too. Will be good to have someone providing genuine competition for Schultz and Switta and Freddy too. Can only be positive to keep those guys looking over their shoulders all the time if their form drops off which happened a lot this year.

I wouldn’t have Freddy or Schultz in the gun. Freddy had a few injury concerns and Schultz has had a top notch season. Would be borderline AA squad. Switta on the other hand, very average outside player. Only hit any stride or form with brief stints onball. I worry he’s outside the best 22 by next year.

I wouldn’t have Freddy or Schultz in the gun. Freddy had a few injury concerns and Schultz has had a top notch season. Would be borderline AA squad. Switta on the other hand, very average outside player. Only hit any stride or form with brief stints onball. I worry he’s outside the best 22 by next year.
It allows Freddy to move to the wing and Switta to move to the midfield permanently though, two talls (Amiss and Treacy) two mediums (Sturt and Emmett) and two smalls (Schultz and Walters) is way more balanced forward line than we’ve had for years. With Jackson, Darcy, Frederick and Switta all able to rotate through to create mismatches and change the way we look, it starts to look potent.

It allows Freddy to move to the wing and Switta to move to the midfield permanently though, two talls (Amiss and Treacy) two mediums (Sturt and Emmett) and two smalls (Schultz and Walters) is way more balanced forward line than we’ve had for years. With Jackson, Darcy, Frederick and Switta all able to rotate through to create mismatches and change the way we look, it starts to look potent.
Personally rather see Freddie stay in that pressure forward role where he gets less possessions but can use his pace to get out the back and create mismatch one on one’s while we break. He’s one of our better finishers too.
I don’t think his hands are clean enough for the wing role. Our wingers when fully developed should be getting 30 touches a game and Freddy goes a lot of fumbling to be getting that amount of possessions.
Johnson and Stanley or Nod would be my preferred options for the wing.

Switta was bloody excellent this weekend.

Switta was bloody excellent this weekend.
I think clearly his best role is forward/mid, you just have to work the midfield a bit around it so it's not undersized. There are a lot of exciting combinations the coaches should be able to get out of Serong, Brayshaw (wing/HF), Jackson (wherever the * he wants), Darcy (FF), Switta (FP), Johnson (HBF), JOM (HFF) and Young(HBF) with really only Serong having a lack of a 2nd position (though he could use some forward time).

The best teams have a lot of guys rotating through the middle and it looks like we are getting there

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't know if it is injury, form, or something else but he has had a very poor season. Should not have been getting picked in a lot of games to be honest.
Maybe not poor just very inconsistent.

Wearing Luke McPharlin’s number, will do it justice 👌🏼

Remove this Banner Ad

Back