Welcome Welcome Hugh Davies!!! - Pick 33 in the 2022 National Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Pennywise is a nickname any defender would be proud of - can't be seen by adults, sneaks up from behind, takes away all the fun, everyone's terrified of. I played defender for a while and would have loved that one.

I would have riffed off it, and snuck up on forwards during breaks in the play.

Welcome to Freo, Hugh. May you be the next gem we unearth.

I'm a bit surprised with some of the comments and pictures in here regarding his appearance. As a fan base, we should be better than that. Hugh's one of us now, so let's treat him so.

True. We should wait until he starts playing and call him spud, useless, hack, campaigner, and treat him how supporters here consistently do when a player is anything less than perfect. The irony isn't lost

What a pack of beautiful losers you all are.

If Davies even remotely gives a s**t what a mithering roil of internerd dweebs thinks, I will be very surprised.

I saw the picture of a very dusty Davies standing around at training, testing Caleb Serong’s capacity for small talk and all I could think of was this:

Sure, he’s standing off to one side looking like an accident in the plaster factory but Davies has just been given the dream job that literally thousands of kiddies would give their left nut to have.

He’s waaaaay cooler than you.

Is there any way for us to be able to crowdfund a hat for this bloke? Preferably a broadbrim.
We need a collection of these. And whoever attends training hands him one every. damn. time.

1701239283663.jpeg

At what point do we need to see a debut if he is going to be a serious player for us long term?

Is a debut this year a must or could he miss this year and play next year and be fine as long as there is good to great form in the wafl?

At what point do we need to see a debut if he is going to be a serious player for us long term?

Is a debut this year a must or could he miss this year and play next year and be fine as long as there is good to great form in the wafl?
He needs someone injured for him to get a debut.

Even then, Oscar would have something to grouch about given he was brought in on a 2 year deal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He needs someone injured for him to get a debut.

Even then, Oscar would have something to grouch about given he was brought in on a 2 year deal.
Needs 2 out of 3 of Cox, Pearce and McDonald to be injured at the same time.

I'd like to think he's at the point where we'd pick him in that scenario rather than go undersized. Might depend on the opposition as well though, especially if it's for 1 or 2 games.

I doubt he will debut, would need both Cox and Pearce to be injured at the same time, even then they'd probably play Ryan as a key back before they debuted Hugh. Key back is a tough position and he needs to be physically ready for it, so I'm thinking a 2025 debut.

Actually I could see a glimmer of hope for him if Longmuir really does give the wing position to Chapman.

• McDonald too big and lacking agility for third tall? Even then, with Ryan we typically don't need to load up on height in defence.
  • Hughes ready to go, but no upside with him?

If he has a bit of agility in his tool kit, decent disposal, maybe there is some kind of possibility???

Unless their are injuries in the senior side, play him until he is knocking the selectors doors down.

Let him gain strength, guile, maturity etc at Peel.

Two more years of no hats!!!

Two more years of no hats!!!

That answers the question around what he needs to do, keep showing up at Peel and developing, doesn't have to debut before 2025.

Reeks of Ethan Hughes deal. At least Ethan as a regular 22 and consistent.
Why 3 years?

Reeks of Ethan Hughes deal. At least Ethan as a regular 22 and consistent.
Why 3 years?
It's just a two year extension on his original deal. It's not a three year deal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back