Analysis Grundy, Cox and Cameron Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I've posted positive comments on at least half a dozen threads, and have not taken a pot shot at the club at all, but don't let the facts or common sense get in the way of your personal vendetta.
Personal vendetta?! Good one! I'd say most people on here know what you're up to, and don't trust you at all. And wow, you've actually (apparently) posted something positive somewhere today. We've just won 4 in a row, with 3 of those wins against teams currently in the top 4, and we're doing very nicely, so everybody should be happy! Again, people shouldn't trust your "motives", and you are very lucky to still be posting on here, given what you normally serve up.

When Grundy comes back and he will, let cox be chf and to roam around the ground, instead of fullforward

When Grundy comes back???

Why mess with a winning team. And a balanced team structure.

Form should be the basis as to which Grundy comes back in.

If the team keeps winning and they are forging forward to finals. You don’t mess with form. We already paid the biggest price in 2011 with our Hubris. Let’s not do that again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Despite the fact you cant organise a sentence..

i'm all for the current way we play!
I'm just offering a tactical reason why things have changed. Even Fly hinted in his presser that grundy isn't a certainty.

I was just pointing out the different style we played since Grundy wasn't available...which who is to say wont work when he is back?
Wow, you know your making sense when someone attacks your grammar, it obviously made enough sense for you to respond. just forget the whole argument, if you can't see what's happening before your own eyes, then what's the point

Results say yes.

Having ruckmen who actually take marks around the ground is HUGE and completely changes our team. Also getting more value from our hitouts instead of just going to the ruckmens feet every time.

Cameron and Cox looks like a much more dangerous partnership than Grundy.
Cox is like a play maker.

Imagine if we could repurpose Grundy’s wage!

Even Fly hinted in his presser that grundy isn't a certainty.
I just finished listening to his presser, that wasn't what I heard.

He initially laughed when a question was asked if there was room for ?..., he laughed as he thought the question was about Grundy.

From that I interpreted as there will always be a place for Grundy.

How is asking which ruckmen is better for the team a negative lens? Lol.

Getting personal is pretty low Jmac.

Don’t explain. All the Dufflecoaters are distraught Cameron and Cox have yet again exposed one of our sacred cows. The Myth that is Grundy the Ruckman.

If only they knew he is just the Worlds Tallest Inside Mid. (WTIM).

Wow, you know your making sense when someone attacks your grammar, it obviously made enough sense for you to respond. just forget the whole argument, if you can't see what's happening before your own eyes, then what's the point
Care to enlighten me as to "what is happening before my own eyes"?

I just finished listening to his presser, that wasn't what I heard.

He initially laughed when a question was asked if there was room for ?..., he laughed as he thought the question was about Grundy.

From that I interpreted as there will always be a place for Grundy.
Exactly- these people thinking there’s no room for an AA in the team have no idea.

I have and you keep coming up with excuses to not explain your suggestions.
You’re not trying hard enough - here’s a hint. Use the search button.
Now here’s a radical idea, where is your evidence that Fly can’t make Grundy better as he’s done with so many other players.
The lame explanation in your earlier post is illogical.

Yeah, but this one's special.

This one is the super-analytical Kappa thread, offering a sober perspective on Grundy's future in the immediate aftermath of a good win against the reigning premiers.

Asking all the important questions...

Don’t be salty…..

You seem above all this petty sh1t.

But then again….

Here are some analytics for you.

In the 4 weeks Cameron-Cox have played together they averaged 10 marks. And they have all been in our wins. And it’s no surprise our mids have also been thriving……

Cox and Cameron are both better contested marks than Grundy and that has been invaluable the last couple of weeks but Grundy is still better at the stoppages both with hitouts and winning clearances himself so it's a trade off.

Grundy likes to stagnate the contests to suit his style. Opposition know this so they bash and crazy him in those congestions until he is spent. Then he can’t chase and properly compete. Nor can he then jump as his legs go with him being on the ground more often than necessary. But that’s ok as Grundy justifies his selection with his ineffective possessions and ineffective ruck work to himself. That’s fine. He’ll get 20+ possessions and 10 clearances and 5 tackles. Non of which really helps us. Just him. But barely takes a mark of fills holes to help defensively.

We don’t need any of that crap. We need what Cameron and Cox are producing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

True but when they make up lies it can be frustrating.

Your need to remove your rose colored glasses Timmy.

Today and the past 4 weeks have been a reality check. And exposed the situation for what it really is.

Don’t be so salty that you hitched your horse to the wrong wagon.

Bit of a overreaction on here.
Grundy is our number one ruck,
The part will be how they use cox and cameron when he does return
But he hasn't played like a dominating ruckman for along time. His last game is a perfect example. Draper was all over him for three quarters and to his credit he dug deep and had a great last term but he has just been going for a year or two now. On what basis other than reputation does he waltz back in and replace Cox or Cameron?

Despite the fact you cant organise a sentence..

i'm all for the current way we play!
I'm just offering a tactical reason why things have changed. Even Fly hinted in his presser that grundy isn't a certainty.

I was just pointing out the different style we played since Grundy wasn't available...which who is to say wont work when he is back?
Apparently Grundy isn't suited to playing in a team with a much tighter defence.

Don't be so pathetic.

I simply stated that with Grundy out, we're playing a different style.
Which is predicated on the strengths/weaknesses of what we have available.
Do you agree?

That's good coaching.

Who knows what would have happened today if Grundy played and smashed Gawn / etc in the ruck.....in which case this conversation would be different.

patience.....lets see where we are the week before Grundy comes back to make any decisions.

Plenty of ifs there. Grundy is injured and his inconvenient truth has been exposed.

Here is another what if…..

What if Fly put it on the two boys and said that it’s up to you guys to show us what your made of. Maybe they were given ultimatums to prove their worth as Ruckman.

Previously neither would have challenged the sacred cow Grundy’s status in the team. Especially believing they were even in the same discussions. But when your own future’s are put in doubt. All bets are off.

I’d even suspect that trainings would be taking a different dynamic now. Now things aren’t as clear cut.

Had we been a bit more circumspect in the time. We may have kept Witts.

But that may be an if too far.

Results say yes.

Having ruckmen who actually take marks around the ground is HUGE and completely changes our team. Also getting more value from our hitouts instead of just going to the ruckmens feet every time.

Cameron and Cox looks like a much more dangerous partnership than Grundy.
Been saying something of a similar note for last year or so and been crucified for it. Note, before this year Grundy has been predominately in but more our wins with Lynch as 1st Ruck last year when Cox was out too.

Bit of a overreaction on here.
Grundy is our number one ruck,
The part will be how they use cox and cameron when he does return

Absolutely not. Your either not able to watch the games and see what’s happening. Or you lack the ability to understand what is actually happening.

Which results - the Dogs and Tigers game were without Grundy.

We've since tightened our defence and are playing bloody good footy - Cox and Cameron have been good.

They weren’t played with the Cameron-Cox combination either.

They’ve only been played these past 4 winning games.

Don’t be salty…..

You seem above all this petty sh1t.

But then again….

Here are some analytics for you.

In the 4 weeks Cameron-Cox have played together they averaged 10 marks. And they have all been in our wins. And it’s no surprise our mids have also been thriving……

Dearest Ronnie,

It has been a while since I last wrote you. In fact, this is the first time I've written to you at all. The occasion makes me breathless.

Ronnie, I am breathless and I am also --I assure you-- saltless. No salt. Salt free.

You are throwing around some high-voltage analytics, and I had to take some time in my reply in order to perform some powerful calculations. It didn't really work out for me. All I can say is that Brodie Grundy remains one of the best ruckman in the competition, and he will be free from injury, and he'll be playing seniors as soon as he is physically able.

But Ronnie, you are right about one thing. I am, I swear I am above all this petty shit.

Love, JB.

Plenty of ifs there. Grundy is injured and his inconvenient truth has been exposed.

Here is another what if…..

What if Fly put it on the two boys and said that it’s up to you guys to show us what your made of. Maybe they were given ultimatums to prove their worth as Ruckman.

Previously neither would have challenged the sacred cow Grundy’s status in the team. Especially believing they were even in the same discussions. But when your own future’s are put in doubt. All bets are off.

I’d even suspect that trainings would be taking a different dynamic now. Now things aren’t as clear cut.

Had we been a bit more circumspect in the time. We may have kept Witts.

But that may be an if too far.

???
really not sure why you're replying to me with this?

....and you're thinking that the decision made circa 2018 would be made now re: witts?
Well...based on that....i think we should keep heater and daisy, draft bont and vluastin....am i doing this right?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back