Review Crows vs NM: The Good, the bad and ... the stultifyingly DULL.

Who played well against North Melbourne?

• Sam Berry

• Jordon Butts

• Jordan Dawson

• Tom Doedee

• Darcy Fogarty

• Will Hamill

• Jackson Hately

• Mitch Hinge

• Chayce Jones (sub)

• Ben Keays

• Rory Laird

• Shane McAdam

• Ned McHenry

• Wayne Milera

• Nick Murray

• Reilly O'Brien

• Patrick Parnell

• Josh Rachele

• James Rowe

• Harry Schoenberg

• Brodie Smith

• Jake Soligo

• Taylor Walker

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Geeez, I dont know about that.. I wouldnt mind having LDU, JHF, Phillips and Powell on our list as midfield youth.. not sure you could class that as a lack of talent..
That's fair, it's more a lack of experience. Just making an observation that honest effort will usually carry the day if both sides are matched fairly evenly.

Just stopped in over at the North board. Some of their supporters are pretty devastated. I think some of them must have thought this game was a genuine chance and weren't expecting to be thrashed.

Adelaide have been pretty bad this year but the work rate of our players is generally okay. It's evident we lack polish and top end talent but they crack in. North are more like us in 2020 where they not only lack talent, but the effort of some of their senior brigade is just not at the level.

This has to be rock bottom for Norf

We are a genuine bottom 4 team and just walked over them in the end...

Their selections, coaching, leadership, effort all just stink.

More high end draft pick kids aren't helping them anytime soon especially if JHF leaves end of year

Fog and Tex very good and Rowe a nice cameo.

Liked what Murray offered on-ball. Any chance he could pinch hit in there more often - even if not in Ruck? His size and power is something we lack on ball. He gives the ball a decent hoof when he kicks it too - so a win from the middle goes 25m out from goal instead of wobbling to a spot between the centre square and 50m line. Well done to the coaches for trying this.

O’Brien’s clunk and goal up forward, I want to see more of. While Thilthorpe is out injured/not up to AFL yet and if Himmelberg has a line ruled through him, play Strachan as well and give them some more time forward and sharing the Ruck duties.

Schoenberg showed glimpses of why he needs to be in the team. He, Milera and Rachele all need big pre-seasons. All aren’t where they need to be at physically/mentally but have it in them to be players that could take this team up the ladder in seasons to come. Probably add Cook to that. Fogarty is one who is now showing this consistently and Berry is another doing this in his 2nd season. These guys need to follow. Despite the love for Rachele on here, he is miles off in his application/toughness, but is class.

Dawson continues to be our best player by a mile. Great pick up. Laird very good.

Chayce Jones was pretty good when he came on.

I reckon Nicks reads BF. I'm pretty sure I saw somebody suggest playing Murray in the ruck a few days ago but I forget who.
Me. ;)

Was a good move I thought instead of playing Berg.

I'll make some sack Kano avatars just in case.
Thought Murray had a really good game too... was competitive in the ruck.

He took some strong marks... but also what was pleasing is he didn't fly for a mark when a teammate was already in the contest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Obligatory Fog highlight gifs...

00adb33de4bcd2a3214efbfbc6da6f77.gif
f38cbe277d4af9ef394d06547f4d5dc1.gif
Confidence is a wonderful thing.

He believes he belongs now.

Great having the Fog & Tex double act.

Now hoping for a Thilthorpe triple act...

I reckon Nicks reads BF. I'm pretty sure I saw somebody suggest playing Murray in the ruck a few days ago but I forget who.
Months ago and more than once...
I've mentioned it numerous times in the past on here that Nick Murray could definitely chop out in the ruck, he's played plenty of ruck for his local club the Ganmain Grong Grong Matong Lions in the Riverina Football League...of course that's not AFL but we're talking a chop out role only.

View attachment 1401705

View attachment 1401710
capture-png.1401705

Won in Hobart
Fog's game
Tex's 6

Murray tried in ruck and did pretty well
Hately becoming solid considering his inexperience
Jones good after coming on.
Probably Schoenberg's best game for the year, not in terms of impact but in terms of him looking like he's back serious about his footy.
Continued good results from Soligo
Some better, more purposeful handball chains today.
North let us play our game and unsurprisingly we did pretty well at it.
Hamill's good string continued.
Milera getting better slowly and slowly, just barely getting a pass mark but he has a point of difference and a very high ceiling so I'm happy to persist.
ROB did pretty well.
The usual reliables were reliable.

McHenry and Rowe do some mercurial good and some frustrating bad. Won't mind if both are dropped. Could live with them staying in.
Rachele a bit quiet.

Feel for north a bit, can see they have all the same issues we have, just a bit worse than we have them at the moment, second guessing, lack of confidence, often leading to shocker errors, etc, etc, etc.
Some odd observations here.

Hateley - needs to show something other than fumbling and missing targets in the remainder of the year or,else it’s lights out.

Schoenberg - fairly anonymous

Milera - if he built any slower he’d fall apart

ROB - meh

North are like Crows 2020 levels of bad, maybe even worse. They aren't AFL standard atm. I enjoyed the win but I'm not going to read too much into it.
They really lack quality older players to lead the younger players.

I’ll take credit for it a few days ago, but to be fair Bicks has been saying it for months…

**** me. The coaches are so inflexible on their structures that they’ll pick a complete dud in Himmelberg for his below average ruck relief, rather than use Murray for 3 minutes a quarter as ruck relief. Cover it by playing Doedee as the second tall defender for three minutes and shift one of the wingers back to a half back flank for that three minutes.

Don’t be surprised if he steps away from the game for a few weeks
Apparently lost a family member this week, so sounds like he shouldn't have played today.

However, his responses to trolls on social media are poor form. Best to ignore them.

Back