• James Rowe

• Harry Schoenberg

• Brodie Smith

• Jake Soligo

• Riley Thilthorpe

• Taylor Walker

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Correct, he came into the side playing wing/half forward then was pushed into high number CBA's/inside mid for a few games playing his best footy and then recently pushed back out to wing.

Whether or not people think he should be playing is a different argument.

On CPH1903 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remember when thinking about today's game, we were playing a team also into a heavy rebuild, also with a heap of young and inexperienced players, a team also in the cellar of the table. But take solice that we also have a long injury list so were undermanned ..........

Just when we thought it couldn't get any worse - it does.

Started at selection, continued with a nothing game plan, ended with bitter disappointment. I am gutted as this was not tanking, far from it, Nicks & Co saw this game as a chance to show our new bewt DNA and cover their own arses.

Others have done a great job listing every player and most of my thoughts are in agreement. I'll just point out IMO the worst of a bad bunch

Jones out of the back pocket to become a revelation on a wing! Oh sorry, that was in a dream I had last night. In the cold light of day on the perfect fast deck of Marvellous Stadium, Jones collects 13 disposals for ........ 87 metres gained. Let's just rule a line through him please, wouldn't be getting a game at Norf even!

Rowe we know isn't much, but really 7 disposals, no future

Milera looks and plays soft, the pick before Charlie Curnow he was! Today Milera got 9 disposals as we try and find somewhere to hide him, no future

Smith looks done, no longer effective, like Milera I sense he's become a soft player at times, maybe all the time. No future

Neddy McHenry, boy can he buzz about in an angry manner, buzzed around to the tune of 14 possessions today, no future. another Super Draft fail

Hately, glad we got him for free, takes our tally of Super draft picks inside 16 to three, we got all the duds. Sorry but don't see it, oh, did I say no future?

Tex, the big fella looks to have run out of steam again. Probably got another truncated season in him, we all love him, but not the future

Keays, Brisbane knew what they were doing when they cut him. They knew he wasn't a finals standard player. Gets nice numbers of possessions though, that's a key KPI at the AFC

So to Dawson, our one shining light in this winter of our discontent. Almost certain to be donning a Gold Jacket later this year. About the only bloke who can kick to a target. WTF was he thinking when he asked for a trade to us?
BUT having his game severely dimmed today by a tagger has set off a flashing light to every future opponent.
Jordan, I'm sorry we lured you over from that rabble Sydney with false promises about where our list was at but from now on expect to have someone on your hammer 100% of every game, no more swanning around our back line picking up possesions at will and being given time to use your beautiful left boot. No sirree, as the only quality player here at the Crows you'll be tagged relentlessly from now. Hope you enjoy Mum's cooking.

I'll leave my thoughts about where our rebuild is at for another thread at a time I've stopped fuming about the crap we witnessed today. Wonder how Nick's will spin it at the presser? DNA, young side, kids, learnings, players didn't execute, more PR catch phrases ..... sounds more like Brendan Bolton every presser

Last edited:

If I was Dawson I’d sue for breach of contract.
I wonder if he sits in silence at times wondering what he has done. Swans seem to have such a bright future with so many talented kids. We in all honesty may not play finals again during Dawson's career!

Our rebuild is probably behind Norf if you actually look at the lists.

Even by 2025/26? Unsure about that

Agree about our overall lack of strength. Can't execute a proper pressure game like Nicks appears to be focusing on if you can't consistently execute tackles. This has to do with our lack of height across the 22 as well, which is why I think someone like Turner could actually end up more useful than McHenry or Rowe if he came into their role

And yep, Butts a bit of a worry. Hasn't grown as an overall defender this year, not nearly dynamic enough. Doesn't have that unbeatable prime Talia strength in the 1v1's. I actually think Murray's shown more promise than Butts recently
Butts hasn't progressed .....if anything he's gone backwards

Still 22 YO ....but he should be a lot stronger physically, than he is .....size and strength are the primary reasons he wasn't initially Drafted

all our problems start on the selection table and in the middle with ROB, Keays, laird and crouch.

the worst midfield combination in the comp.

keays is barely sanfl standard. just s**t. a s**t player who tries hard that was delisted by a club that knew he was s**t and picked up by a club that prioritises trying hard over actual skill and decision making. he’ll never be good and is a total liability.

laird isnt a midfielder‘s a-hole. never was and never will be.

crouch is a sanfl gun that is too slow for the AFL. the AFL level has passed him by.

ROB - can’t kick, cant mark, can barely handball and loves spoiling his team mates in marking contests which he does week in week out. and we would literally be better off going without a ruck with his s**t tapping abilities and clumbsiness around the ground. hilarious the morons running the shitshow think he’s someone that maybe could be a forward.

all these guys need to go before anyone else.. and Nicksy and Roo can follow them out the door.

just a big FK U to the lot of them.

smith is cooked. shoenberg is garbage. murray i’m not sure on…

Milera isnt a forward. mchenry is a bust. Rowe hasnt got it. all these blokes need to be sent back to the sanfl.

Only another 8 months until the crows midfield gets the speed and penetrating 55m kicking of Sloane back in there.

Will enjoy reading your posts next year with the Laird/keays/mcrouch/sloane and rob combo

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

1) Keays - decision-making and composure seems to have regressed extra within the last two months to a point where it feels like every kick of his hits an opposition player. Can still keep him in the side, but needs to rely less on him as a key midfield cog
2) Laird - don't think he was as bad as advertised in this thread, particularly in the second half, but was still pretty average. Can't see him being a part of our midfield when we challenge
3) ROB - when he's not clunking contested marks, he's pretty much useless. He was clunking them in 2020, and has irregularly done so since. Also gets in the way of a lot of easy marks for players in front of him (see: the kick to Dawson inside 50 today). Need to find a more dynamic ruck through trade or draft this off-season
Yeah, good post.
1) and 3) go together --- put yourself in Keays' shoes trying to get the ball off ROB's poor ruckwork, plus the sense of urgency he would have in being surrounded by Mrouch and Laird and wanting desperately to do something good for the team, as quickly/often as possible. Keays plays better when Mrouch is not in the team and has more time/composure when the players around him are doing their job better.
2) well, Laird'd be around 36yo then, for starters. :sneaky:

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If this continues we'll have to pay Nicks out for 2024 - it'd be the third successive coach we'd pay out (Sanderson, Pyke, Nicks) due to administrative incompetence.

Who is accountable for this?

Who is responsible for the 5 year ROB and Sloane deals and 2 years for Mcrouch when there was no other suiter?

Why are there no consequences for continued poor decisions?

Only another 8 months until the crows midfield gets the speed and penetrating 55m kicking of Sloane back in there.

Will enjoy reading your posts next year with the Laird/keays/mcrouch/sloane and rob combo

its a scary thought isnt it..

Come on ABAB, admit it, you work for the publicity dept at the Crows don't you. No matter how dreadful we are, you keep talking them up.
On the contrary, I'm starting to see big inconsistency in the playing group which was seen with Pyke in 2018/19 but this time with them too "cosy" with Nicks who is backing the senior players to get results.....Hinkley-like.

Last edited:
No way would those running the club let Clarko in to disturb their gravy train and highlight the weaknesses we have in every area, including the areas they are responsible for. Surely Clarko also knows this so would never even bother applying for the job. Forget about Clsrkson ever coaching the crows as he doesn't fit their mold.
I've been hoping that the Crows would throw a huge pile of money at Clarko, but you're right:
1) he'd never want to saddle up on the donkey the Crows have become and
2) they'd never give him the autonomy to weave his magic on the team.

I think eventually it'll get so bad that the members will revolt and demand a second broom be swept through the Club to get rid of Roo (one of our great players, but one of our worst Football Directors with influence beyond his ability) and his appointee, Nicks (nice bloke, but not the hard-nose we need).
Sooner, better.

Last edited:
Remember when thinking about today's game, we were playing a team also into a heavy rebuild, also with a heap of young and inexperienced players, a team also in the cellar of the table. But take solice that we also have a long injury list so were undermanned ..........

Just when we thought it couldn't get any worse - it does.

Started at selection, continued with a nothing game plan, ended with bitter disappointment. I am gutted as this was not tanking, far from it, Nicks & Co saw this game as a chance to show our new bewt DNA and cover their own arses.

Others have done a great job listing every player and most of my thoughts are in agreement. I'll just point out IMO the worst of a bad bunch

Jones out of the back pocket to become a revelation on a wing! Oh sorry, that was in a dream I had last night. In the cold light of day on the perfect fast deck of Marvellous Stadium, Jones collects 13 disposals for ........ 87 metres gained. Let's just rule a line through him please, wouldn't be getting a game at Norf even!

Rowe we know isn't much, but really 7 disposals, no future

Milera looks and plays soft, the pick before Charlie Curnow he was! Today Milera got 9 disposals as we try and find somewhere to hide him, no future

Smith looks done, no longer effective, like Milera I sense he's become a soft player at times, maybe all the time. No future

Neddy McHenry, boy can he buzz about in an angry manner, buzzed around to the tune of 14 possessions today, no future. another Super Draft fail

Hately, glad we got him for free, takes our tally of Super draft picks inside 16 to three, we got all the duds. Sorry but don't see it, oh, did I say no future?

Tex, the big fella looks to have run out of steam again. Probably got another truncated season in him, we all love him, but not the future

Keays, Brisbane knew what they were doing when they cut him. They knew he wasn't a finals standard player. Gets nice numbers of possessions though, that's a key KPI at the AFC

So to Dawson, our one shining light in this winter of our discontent. Almost certain to be donning a Gold Jacket later this year. About the only bloke who can kick to a target. WTF was he thinking when he asked for a trade to us?
BUT having his game severely dimmed today by a tagger has set off a flashing light to every future opponent.
Jordan, I'm sorry we lured you over from that rabble Sydney with false promises about where our list was at but from now on expect to have someone on your hammer 100% of every game, no more swanning around our back line picking up possesions at will and being given time to use your beautiful left boot. No sirree, as the only quality player here at the Crows you'll be tagged relentlessly from now. Hope you enjoy Mum's cooking.

I'll leave my thoughts about where our rebuild is at for another thread at a time I've stopped fuming about the crap we witnessed today. Wonder how Nick's will spin it at the presser? DNA, young side, kids, learnings, players didn't execute, more PR catch phrases ..... sounds more like Brendan Bolton every presser
Their players who are 30+ (especially Breust) all performed whereas our experience and senior players in Walker and Smith both had horrible games.

I couldn’t watch the game.

Fortunately I was otherwise occupied with life or death situations negotiating flood waters in NSW. Thank goodness for doom and destruction. I dodged a bullet there, not being able to witness our shitness…
Sincere thanks and admiration for doing what you can with the NSW flooding :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu: .
Puts everything into perspective.

I couldn't watch the game, either, after about 15 minutes into the first quarter.

Actually, I could, but I didn't want to. Witnessing our shitness today was a new low.
Thanks to my mate for being there and stopping me from throwing the remote through the flat-screen.

Their players who are 30+ (especially Breust) all performed whereas our experience and senior players in Walker and Smith both had horrible games.

In an ideal world the club parts ways with Tex and Sloane.

I dont think the club can move forward with them around. Its not so much their output but that we need a fresh start. I'll be even more annoyed if either get development coaching jobs at the club.

The issue is without Tex we are probably close to winning the spoon if he hadn't got us over the line this year or last.

Back