News Dylan Grimes and Toby Nankervis announced as captains for 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

5 rucks inside the top 20, 6 inside the top 21

Pretty disproportionate representation of rucks considering the number of rucks running around in the comp compared to other possies

Shows to me that ruck free kicks are an absolute s**t show and judged differently to other possies on field
Yes, but Nakkers is leading the race and he's one of our captains. This is the point i'm trying to make. It's his lack of responsibility in terms of leadership.

Yes, but Nakkers is leading the race and he's one of our captains.
Not saying Nank is perfect
But I think it’s only fair to say rucks are also judged differently and Nank especially seems to cop a lot of extra attention

Will be interesting to see what comes out of the “report” he received last night

Not saying Nank is perfect
But I think it’s only fair to say rucks are also judged differently and Nank especially seems to cop a lot of extra attention

Will be interesting to see what comes out of the “report” he received last night
I missed that so I'm unable to comment atm. I'll see if I can find some footage on it.

Big clumsy nank streaks ahead of everyone else. Pretty sure those totals dont include the 6 from the kangas game.

I wonder how many of those are in the d50?
Most were at the centre bounce. Did you see the free against Nank for shepherding in the ruck in the centre bounce, jumped up like ruckman have done forever and palmed the ball down, yet got done for shepherding, with his hip. Nonsense. It's a lottery.

I missed that so I'm unable to comment atm. I'll see if I can find some footage on it.
Was in the first qtr I think
Reported for a knee to the head, they showed the reply and again at qtr time but couldn’t find anything worthy of the report

Hopefully the match review statement enlightens us

Was in the first qtr I think
Reported for a knee to the head, they showed the reply and again at qtr time but couldn’t find anything worthy of the report

Hopefully the match review statement enlightens us
Just looked at it and that was utter rubbish as I can't see anything. I must have been watching a Race in Sha Tin at the time.

Just looked at it and that was utter rubbish as I can't see anything. I must have been watching a Race in Sha Tin at the time.

Yup that’s the one,
Like I said earlier Nank isn’t perfect and gives away his fair share but also cops a lot of bullshit

That goes in the book as a 50 against but absolutely nothing in it

They should do it again next year then hand it to Jack Graham

As we suspected, not even a fine

Incident explained:

The match day report laid against Richmond's Toby Nankervis for contact against North Melbourne's Flynn Perez from the first quarter of Saturday's match between North Melbourne and Richmond was assessed. It was the view of the Match Review Officer that Nankervis' actions did not constitute a reportable offence. No further action was taken

As we suspected, not even a fine

Incident explained:

The match day report laid against Richmond's Toby Nankervis for contact against North Melbourne's Flynn Perez from the first quarter of Saturday's match between North Melbourne and Richmond was assessed. It was the view of the Match Review Officer that Nankervis' actions did not constitute a reportable offence. No further action was taken

They crucified him in the next 3 or 4 centre bounces.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don’t think Vlossy would of been a great choice either
Still has massive discipline issues and gets sucked into doing stupid s**t

Honestly I don’t think we have any standout candidates for the role right now
i was honestly expecting it to be lynch, especially when i was hearing the draftees mention he would be the first one to message them or w/e

no idea how he would be going especially since he's been injured a bit but it can't be any worse than right now!

They all had a crack on Zurhar not just Grimes.
Was watching on of the goals he kicked when he was on grimes, they started about 35m out away from the bounce and he sprinted in and got tin lace out from the tap

He ran around a pack of players and grimes actually tried to take a shortcut and got caught up in the pack and couldn’t run with him but the rest of our players got caught ball watching as well and didn’t change tact to try and stop zurharr either

Was a terrible set up by our defenders that actually helped the oppo get a clean run but block our own player by all getting fooled into getting to close to the contest and a complete breakdown

Can see the reply in the tweet below

Was watching on of the goals he kicked when he was on grimes, they started about 35m out away from the bounce and he sprinted in and got tin lace out from the tap

He ran around a pack of players and grimes actually tried to take a shortcut and got caught up in the pack and couldn’t run with him but the rest of our players got caught ball watching as well and didn’t change tact to try and stop zurharr either

Was a terrible set up by our defenders that actually helped the oppo get a clean run but block our own player by all getting fooled into getting to close to the contest and a complete breakdown

Shocking defending 🤮

Tin arse play. Grimes lost him in traffic. He was able to skip through traffic at full speed. Pickett saw him coming and was flattened. Miller tried but the tap out was inch perfect. He'll never do that again in his career. Just your usual Richmond karma.

Shocking defending 🤮
Yeah I think it’s Cotchin who actually has Zurharr run straight past him but he gets turned around and looks visibly confused

Yeah I think it’s Cotchin who actually has Zurharr run straight past him but he gets turned around and looks visibly confused

Zurhar done nothing all year and then come Richmond kicks 6 😂 It’s like we’ve stepped back into a time machine and gone back pre flag shitness

Tin arse play. Grimes lost him in traffic. He was able to skip through traffic at full speed. Pickett saw him coming and was flattened. Miller tried but the tap out was inch perfect. He'll never do that again in his career. Just your usual Richmond karma.
Tin ass play but we also could of done a lot better as a side to set up better
Massive amount of players in the centre side of the contest but that entire pocket that he kicked the goal from was empty
Even having one body in that pocket could do alot to save that goal

Tin ass play but we also could of done a lot better as a side to set up better
Massive amount of players in the centre side of the contest but that entire pocket that he kicked the goal from was empty
Even having one body in that pocket could do alot to save that goal
Reckon Pickett saw him coming but was blocked. It was great play but all the cards fell their way. But yes, nobody facing the pack was a pathetic from such a seasoned outfit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back