Your team's 3 most naturally talented players

Remove this Banner Ad

Workhorse players are not your most naturally talented. It's usually the lazy ones or the ones who are brilliant but don't get enough of it.

Richmond:

1. Andrew Krakouer
2. Richard Tambling
3. Joel Bowden.

When Joel was younger he looked to be a future elite player of the game. He only turned out very good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would say:

Pendlebury
Didak
Thomas

Leon is a freak at times, and his absolute best would top the list.

Harvey
Goddard
Dal Santo... maybe (proabbly Riewoldt though)

Players like Luke Ball just work harder than the likes of Dal and in my opinion are superior.

I don't think Gilbee falls under the heading 'natural talent'. He has had to work very hard to become an elite backman. Where as guys like Cooney, are natural born players. What Cooney does with his talent is up to him. Signs are good though.

For his kicking talent alone he falls into "natural talent"

Jimmy Bartel..
Paul Chapman (Champion)
G.Ablett..

No one can argue with those 3..

yeah you can based on the "naturally" talented argument. They are consistently our best players but I think chapman and bartel have had to and continue to work really hard to be at that level.

For mine our most naturally talented guys (and if they work as hard as chappy and bartel then look out opposition) are ...

G.Ablett Jnr
T.Varcoe
S.Johnson - can really do the freaky things. I just wish he didnt' decide to jump the pub wall a few years back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back