Autopsy AFL 2022 Second Preliminary Final - Swans v Pies Sat Sept 17th 4:45pm EST (SCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 21 10.9%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 78 40.6%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 37 19.3%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 39 20.3%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 8 4.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 4 2.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

If you don't understand why people dislike the way he plays that says more about you then anything. Plenty of people probably take their dislike to far and get personal, which is unacceptable. But nothing wrong with criticizing and calling out his game for what it is.
I understand why, it just blows my mind that they do for a player perfecting an evasive skill. Go back and take a look how many times Dustin Martin has pushed off wanna be tacklers head high, or how many times Buddy Franklin pulls on a players jumper first only for the umpire to spot the defenders retaliation, these are all skills to give the attacking player a slight advantage.

Now go and look at Geel who’ll have almost half their team over 30 playing in a GF after finishing top.
Meaningless analysis sport - just dumb. The games is about list management not “age management”.

The point is they have been the best team across the whole year this year. They are all in for the flag this year. Clearly, there will be a drop-off for them soon. I think that Melbourne, Carlton, Richmond, Sydney and the Doggies have more to offer on a consistent basis than the pies and are younger than Collingwood and equal or more draft capital. I expect those teams to go better than Geelong over the next two years as well. Don't you?

The point is they have been the best team across the whole year this year. They are all in for the flag this year. Clearly, there will be a drop-off for them soon. I think that Melbourne, Carlton, Richmond, Sydney and the Doggies have more to offer on a consistent basis than the pies and are younger than Collingwood and equal or more draft capital. I expect those teams to go better than Geelong over the next two years as well. Don't you?
All have question marks - Rich: Dusty, aging Reivolt, Cotchin, injury prone Grimes Prestia.
Swans: aging Buddy, Reid, Kennedy
Doggies - has Bevo lost them?
Carlton - probably the most certain but lack of on field leaders is problematic, and Voss’s tough and uncompromising approach may prove outdated for millennials

Melb: Aging Gawn, Brown, Hibberd,Melksem. Defensive and Forward frailties have been exposed ie. May and Lever worked out, and no dominant tall fwds. But maybe Petty will play fwd.
Jackson gone.

Trade period may be very enlightening.

Last edited:
Yes it was a great to have an easy draw. You have no idea how much pleasure we got beating you twice, rather than just once.

You’re so lucky our harder draw in 2023 will see you only beaten once by Coll.
You tried so hard to be smart you had to edit. Well done. You’ve achieved above the standard Collingwood IQ.

Anyone who plays the game is tough. But some would say playing for free kicks like he does is shirking the contest and not going as hard as he could. If he went harder he would probably rip his own head off to be honest.
To be fair he isn’t playing for anywhere near as many free’s lately, was becoming embarrassing.

I don’t know about Carlton. A few gaps to fill before they can compete at the top end imo. Sydney look good. Richmond are going to be bloody good next year if they land their trades.

You tried so hard to be smart you had to edit. Well done. You’ve achieved above the standard Collingwood IQ.
Lol - what a waste of a post.
Seriously is that all you’ve got.

There’s an old saying “ better to stay silent and be thought a fool, than speak and remove all doubt”.

If I think of something even more appropriate, I’ll be sure to edit the post.

Lol - what a waste of a post.
Seriously is that all you’ve got.

There’s an old saying “ better to stay silent and be thought a fool, than speak and remove all doubt”.

If I think of something even more appropriate, I’ll be sure to edit the post.
As much of a waste as your education it seems.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pendlebury Collingwoods best today turns
I’d have agreed with you if the ball hadn’t hit the ground and he’d actually taken the mark.

Shame Quaynor took him high.

The worst call of the day was the free and fifty to DAICOS who then goaled.

Plenty of missed calls both ways, Papley should have had a free dead in front from the unrealistic spoil where someone jumped in his back and didn't get anywhere near the ball, Buddy and Heeney were being tackled without the ball probably 20 times with no calls.

3 of the Pies goals were directly from blatent throws/tackles that should have been HTB

But the umpires let lots of stuff go both ways in regards to HTB and pushes, was frustrating at times, especially when Pies had their run on, and were allowed to just throw it out of every tackle.

Back