Game Day 2022 AFL Draft - Round 1 tonight! Coverage starts 7PM AEDT - Picks from 7:25

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't understand that Hawthorn trade

Gee they must rate Weddle

Looking at his highlights I wouldn't mind seeing how he goes up forward. There's a Gunston shaped hole and he looks like he has the athleticism and the smarts to play it.

We must really rate McCabe next season and feel he must go early.

So now we have Darcy Byrne-Jones and Darcy Jones.

Looking at his highlights I wouldn't mind seeing how he goes up forward. There's a Gunston shaped hole and he looks like he has the athleticism and the smarts to play it.

And if he can evolve into a Bedrill

Sydney are just trolling GWS now by taking Konstanty just before their pick after bidding on Rowston and making them lose the pick they would have taken Konstanty with..can only imagine the GWS box at the moment...

giphy.gif

Darcy Jones a really good pick though. Reckon they take Clarke or Hotton with their next pick - or they trade it out.

I'm actually pretty stunned.

We gave up HEAPS for a player that doesn't fill a need (even if we rated him as a talent). We owned future picks from other clubs but traded our own, despite likely being a bottom 4 side next season.

We also have a highly rated father/son coming next year who, you guessed it, is a centre half back.

We're potentially trying to squeeze Sicily, Frost, DGB, Blanck, Scrimshaw, Day, Weddle, Jiath, Hardwick and Will Macabe into the same side in 2024.

I can only assume that 1. Sam Mitchell rates us as improving our ladder position in 2023 despite the dire predictions. And 2. It's likely that Day, Scrimshaw and Jiath in particular will be moving up the field next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm actually pretty stunned.

We gave up HEAPS for a player that doesn't fill a need (even if we rated him as a talent). We owned future picks from other clubs but traded our own, despite likely being a bottom 4 side next season.

We also have a highly rated father/son coming next year who, you guessed it, is a centre half back.

We're potentially trying to squeeze Sicily, Frost, DGB, Blanck, Scrimshaw, Day, Weddle, Jiath, Hardwick and Will Macabe into the same side in 2024.

I can only assume that 1. Sam Mitchell rates us as improving our ladder position in 2023 despite the dire predictions. And 2. It's likely that Day, Scrimshaw and Jiath in particular will be moving up the field next year.
Sam Mitchell just looks like a guy who had a fortunate career with a lot of things going right for him and now just expects all decisions he makes will be coated with gold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back