Club History Earned The Right: An illustrated history of PAFC guernseys 1997-2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Chokito

Club Legend
Aug 28, 2014
Perth WA
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats
PRE SALE IS LIVE

“EARNED THE RIGHT“ is a publication compiled by the fans for the fans .

A detailed, in-depth look at every guernsey design Port Adelaide has worn into battle (120) in the AFL between 1997 to 2022 and including the clubs innagural AFLW season designs. It will include design uniqueness from year to year and also special moments when that design was worn including milestone matches, player debuts and fantastic victories.

Another feature of the book will be content from past and present influential people of the PAFC including Innagural CEO Brian Cunningham, past players Darryl Poole, Jackson Trengove, Alipate Carlile, Chad Cornes, Ollie Wines, Warren Tredrea and more, including our AFLW program.

The price will be $59 + postage and expected delivery late November (in time for Christmas 2022).

EDIT:
Contributors as follows:
Anthony Lynch
Dave Beaney
Monty Kanungo
Jesse Puzzuoli
Peter Pazios
Justin Leckie
Matt Gardner
Jackson Trengove

17B30B97-60B9-4589-91BC-25AF7EEDF6FB.jpeg 0C637677-AA66-401F-979F-524473B00A62.jpeg

Last edited:
As a sports design nerd I'll definitely be getting this one. Very cool thing for the club to do and I hope they keep these records up. It'd be even better if we could push as far as we can back into our SANFL era

As a sports design nerd I'll definitely be getting this one. Very cool thing for the club to do and I hope they keep these records up. It'd be even better if we could push as far as we can back into our SANFL era

I don’t think this is club driven, is it?

We started off as self-funded, but better now as club given us blessing and backing… hoping to keep the wheels moving while the club sort out how they want to proceed

It’s like Star Wars. I hope there’s a prequal!

Myself and a few of the Guernsey collectors have pieced this together 😊

Do any proceeds go to the club? Not suggesting they have to, free market and all, but it’s good to know these things up front.

IMO it looks like it’s from the club but the lack of info about the people behind it is a bit of a red flag. I’d recommend putting your names to it.

Hope you get a proof reader. “Roudn 1”
Hahaha Yeah that was was just a quick mock up - definitely got a proof reader!!

Do any proceeds go to the club? Not suggesting they have to, free market and all, but it’s good to know these things up front.

IMO it looks like it’s from the club but the lack of info about the people behind it is a bit of a red flag. I’d recommend putting your names to it.
Our details feature inside the book.
In the clubs hands to begin promotion of it. Pre sales going well - plenty of social media promotion that we are personally doing so def putting our name to it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

plenty of social media promotion that we are personally doing so def putting our name to it.

So it's you, and ...?

Reason I'm trying to get more info is we're talking about promoting it on BBTB but we'd like to know about more about what this is before we hitch our wagon to it. The info about it is a bit light on.

Does it reference the Prison Bar guernsey at all? Or is it more just a taxonomy of guernseys we've worn in the AFL?

Hahaha Yeah that was was just a quick mock up - definitely got a proof reader!!

Our details feature inside the book.
In the clubs hands to begin promotion of it. Pre sales going well - plenty of social media promotion that we are personally doing so def putting our name to it.
Why coy with the names? It is unusual to buy a book without knowing the authors.

Saying they will be in the book if we buy it is also a strange response.

Looks like Jackson Trengove is involved.
Not sure why you wouldn't mention that at all, particularly here.

Id assume Anthony Lynch would be part of it
Yes - Anthony is one of the contributors
Looks like Jackson Trengove is involved.
Not sure why you wouldn't mention that at all, particularly here.
I mentioned Jackson in the OP - that was a copy and paste from the main webpage, sorry mate!
Why coy with the names? It is unusual to buy a book without knowing the authors.

Saying they will be in the book if we buy it is also a strange response.
Not trying to be coy, just wasn’t on the front cover. It will be on the inside cover and it didnt cross my mind to write who contributed, sorry mate.
Everything is still in concept form til closer to publication.

Contributors as follows:
Anthony Lynch
Dave Beaney
Monty Kanungo
Jesse Puzzuoli
Peter Pazios
Justin Leckie
Matt Gardner
Jackson Trengove

There will most likely be other contributors by the time release comes around

Last edited:
So it's you, and ...?

Reason I'm trying to get more info is we're talking about promoting it on BBTB but we'd like to know about more about what this is before we hitch our wagon to it. The info about it is a bit light on.

Does it reference the Prison Bar guernsey at all? Or is it more just a taxonomy of guernseys we've worn in the AFL?
Contributors as follows:
Anthony Lynch
Dave Beaney
Monty Kanungo
Jesse Puzzuoli
Peter Pazios
Justin Leckie
Matt Gardner
Jackson Trengove

There will most likely be other contributors by the time release comes around

Yes Prison Bars feature, but only those in the AFL era 97-22
(2003, 2007, 2013, 2014 & 2020)

Perhaps just hang on a bit til Club comes out with official release etc but if you need any info let me know 😊

Last edited:
Happy to answer any questions anybody has, to the best of my ability 😊 Not trying to withhold anything.
Happy for you guys to wait til club does official promotion too. Just thought I’d give the heads up 👍🏽

The club has officially taken over and production will now be moved to 2023. We wanted to get the book out before Christmas but since it’s all more official now there has been some delays. Hope to still share the joy of the hobby with you all!

If you have pre-ordered, you should receive the same email soon!

Cheers

600B664C-AFA1-477C-AF6E-A42D91713C10.jpeg

Those who pre-ordered should have received another email and $20 Port Store voucher. Concept is almost done then off to printing 😊

BF1215C8-E428-401C-A02D-6592010CAEE0.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back