Coach Is it time for Dimma to go?

Is it time for Dimma to go.

• Yes

Votes: 97 43.9%
  • No

Votes: 126 57.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah that was ONE thing i said & ONE thing you and your patehtic mates targeted for yonks

And since that move i might add, nothing changed in our success & the club recruited 27 HBF types.

The Rioli convo is well and truely over you clown, we are bottom 3, won only 1 game & don't own our first & second pick. Planting your flag on the Rioli move while our entire ship sinks is the most "R2R Crew" thing to do. The ship is literally sinking and you guys are still more worried about being right and holding some bullshit level of perception around here.

No one ******* cares about Dan Rioli playing down back anymore. Doubt he will be in any AA talk this season. And quite frankly the fact that Dimma has still not trialed him down forward again while the team averages less than 10 goals a game most weeks & the results that have followed, leaves the idea as one of the few ones we have left to try to actually turn this s**t around. But Dimma being him refuses to do it, continues to blame the kids & blindly support his ol boys club to the death of Richmond

He is right. this is Richmond killing Richmond. But its him holding the knife.

So the Rioli convo is dead but you are still sacking the coach for failing to move him out of the position in which he is thriving.....

giphy.gif

A loss is like Christmas Day for this bloke. He wonders why we call him a troll.

Deflect all you want mate - trying to demonise me at the moment wont do much.

What i said is true. It sucks we lost, but some small warmth i get from it is knowing you ass-clowns that have been annoying AF have to actually put you hand up, say = yep, we were really wrong about where we were at & the decisions we supported are on the brink of crushing a huge portion of the progress we made over the last decade. At least thats what you need to do to have any actual reputation around here.

Of course i get some gratification from proving people wrong who talk down to me for disagreeing with them - you guys have been massive dickheads here for yonks

Last edited:
So the Rioli convo is dead but you are still sacking the coach for failing to move him out of the position in which he is thriving.....

giphy.gif

What are you even talking about?

Never said sack the coach. We can't - he is too expensive and because he divorced his wife he cannot financially afford to walk away from his mammoth contract. We are 100% stuck with him unless we buy him out, which we cannot afford. No point even suggesting he will be sacked - never going to happen.

So no, never said that. How you have turned this into a Dan Rioli thing is remarkable.

What i said is true. It sucks we lost, but some small warmth i get from it is knowing you ass-clowns that have been annoying AF have to actually put you hand up, say = yep, we were really wrong about where we were at & the decisions we supported are on the brink of crushing a huge portion of the progress we made over the last 7 decade. At least thats what you need to do to have any actual reputation around here.

Of course i get some gratification from proving people wrong who talk down to me for disagreeing with them - you guys have been massive dickheads here for yonks
Who deflecting. You’ve cheered every loss this year. You populate every negative thread with your tripe. Only ever pipe up after a loss.
Says a lot about you

I would argue the teaching is more decision making based rather than the skill. They already have the skill set, otherwise they wouldn't have been drafted.

but we are seeing players miss open targets by hand and foot under minimal pressure.

either way it's ugly to watch currently.

Im not so sure about that :(

I’m not going to hang him but there seems to be an air of stubbornness about him again.
Recruiting Teague and Rutten seemed ideal but were they? Did we also look at any of the new up and comers…Grigg, Selwood etc, or we are about looking after our long termers.
Still not sure about Livingston either, and does Blair see our short comings? Surely yes but is limited to doing something to a point.

What i said is true. It sucks we lost, but some small warmth i get from it is knowing you ass-clowns that have been annoying AF have to actually put you hand up, say = yep, we were really wrong about where we were at & the decisions we supported are on the brink of crushing a huge portion of the progress we made over the last decade. At least thats what you need to do to have any actual reputation around here.

Must have been a kick in the guts to win those three flags….
Please put me on ignore

What are you even talking about?

Never said sack the coach. We can't - he is too expensive and because he divorced his wife he cannot financially afford to walk away from his mammoth contract. We are 100% stuck with him unless we buy him out, which we cannot afford. No point even suggesting he will be sacked - never going to happen.

So no, never said that. How you have turned this into a Dan Rioli thing is remarkable.

The Rioli convo is well and truely over you clown, we are bottom 3, won only 1 game & don't own our first & second pick. Planting your flag on the Rioli move while our entire ship sinks is the most "R2R Crew" thing to do. The ship is literally sinking and you guys are still more worried about being right and holding some bullshit level of perception around here.

No one ******* cares about Dan Rioli playing down back anymore. Doubt he will be in any AA talk this season. And quite frankly the fact that Dimma has still not trialed him down forward again while the team averages less than 10 goals a game most weeks & the results that have followed, leaves the idea as one of the few ones we have left to try to actually turn this s**t around. But Dimma being him refuses to do it, continues to blame the kids & blindly support his ol boys club to the death of Richmond

He is right. this is Richmond killing Richmond. But its him holding the knife.

OK so Hardwick is killing Richmond by not moving Dan Rioli to the forward line in your view, but you wouldn't sack him solely for financial reasons. You need to own all your positions, not just the ones you think are proven correct by a couple of losses.

Your quoted post also claims we don't own our 2021 second round pick. This is incorrect, our 2023 second round pick is intact. That post from you also relies for effect on our current ladder position being 16th after 7 games of a 23 round season. There is very little chance our ultimate ladder position will resemble that.

You also say the ship is literally sinking. This is so far from the picture I have of the Richmond FC it is not funny. Ship sinking implies we have no foreseeable future. This is a ludicrous description of a club in rude financial health, with great off field stability and plans, and a strong list with a lot of young talent, and proven people to guide them.

There is a problem with you thinking you know better than the decision makers at the club and basing that on one or two decisions they have made that haven't turned out perfectly, where you might have done something differently. That problem is if you were making the decisions we then get your version of all the decisions they get right. And judging by your stance on Rioli, even now, no thanks RJK.

OK so Hardwick is killing Richmond by not moving Dan Rioli to the forward line in your view, but you wouldn't sack him solely for financial reasons. You need to own all your positions, not just the ones you think are proven correct by a couple of losses.

Your quoted post also claims we don't own our 2021 second round pick. This is incorrect, our 2023 second round pick is intact. That post from you also relies for effect on our current ladder position being 16th after 7 games of a 23 round season. There is very little chance our ultimate ladder position will resemble that.

You also say the ship is literally sinking. This is so far from the picture I have of the Richmond FC it is not funny. Ship sinking implies we have no foreseeable future. This is a ludicrous description of a club in rude financial health, with great off field stability and plans, and a strong list with a lot of young talent, and proven people to guide them.

There is a problem with you thinking you know better than the decision makers at the club and basing that on one or two decisions they have made that haven't turned out perfectly, where you might have done something differently. That problem is if you were making the decisions we then get your version of all the decisions they get right. And judging by your stance on Rioli, even now, no thanks RJK.

FWIW on Rioli, I'd throw him in the centre square on occasion.
We are as one-paced as my 66 start maiden trotter in the centre square.
So flat-footed and one-dimensional.

Who deflecting. You’ve cheered every loss this year. You populate every negative thread with your tripe. Only ever pipe up after a loss.
Says a lot about you

No i haven't. Never cheered a loss. Again, just making up shit to paint narratives.

Out of intertest how old are you, R2R, Nord & Meteotic?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've more than conceded that Dan has been successful in his transition as a HBF. My argument has mainly lived around that due to a plethora of options in that same role and his ability to add X-Factor elsewhere made him the best candidate to be moved ( fwd or a wing ) to help balance out the team. A HBF of Baker & Short is still a borderline elite pairing in that role with our plethora of kids starting with Mansell being well suited to be the "Markov" back up. We have tried Baker & Short in the middle before and yep, they did ok but with Taranto & Hopper around that is not going to change our fortunes a whole lot. Mansell forward is a total waste of time - he is clearly a natural defender or nothing at all. What is left to try? They actually had Rioli pushing forward more aggressively last year to the point where he was spending 65/35 time back/fwd & I thought his form peaked over that period & that was when our forwardline went gangbusters. The longer he doesn't try it and the more that things get worse - it only proves my point more, this is a move that should clearly be explored - there is literally nothing left to do. As long as its given a month of trialing & he is paired with MRJ & Cumberland during that time, the results will speak for themselves. Got a lot of faith in that line-up providing us better results than the inconsistent crap we have seen over the past 2 years.

I am sure that will sort itself out over time as the midfield gels better. We could use a bit of explosion in there but whilst he is quick enough, Rioli's strength is more in the gut running department I think.

A centre bounce setup of:

2 of Taranto Hopper Prestia

+

1 of Martin or Bolton

+

Nankervis or Soldo

should be right up there with some of the better AFL cb setups. I think the trouble has been immature and inexperienced rucks lately and earlier it was the new midfielders not quite being settled within our systems. Soldo is back now and should improve with conditioning, and Nankervis might be a month away. Prestia has been freshened up and returns this week and Dusty seems to be attending more centre bounces than earlier in the season. And Taranto and Hopper will be better absorbed within our midfield with each passing match.

Clearances with a fit Nankervis:

v Blues 36-32 Richmond (Centre clearances 6-10 Blues)

v Crows 36-33 Richmond (CC 14-11 Tigers)

v Collingwood 42-37 Richmond (CC 7-11 Pies)

Since his injury including the game in which he was injured:

v Bulldogs 26-41 Dogs (CC 8-16 Mutts)

v Swans 36-41 Swans (CC 11-19 Swans)

v Demons 29-35 Demons (CC 14-13 Tigers)

v Suns 43-40 Richmond (CC 7-11 Suns)

Overall we were 114-102 ahead in all clearances in the first 3 rounds with our best midfield available. We were losing 27-32 in centre clearances. So winning stoppages 87-70.

Including the game v Bulldogs when Nankervis was injured during the game we are trailing 134-157 overall in clearances. Trailing 40-59 in centre clearances. So trailing 94-98 in stoppage clearances.

So from that, to me it looks like we could make a few observations:

1. We clearly missed a mature ruck in the matches played without Nankervis or Soldo

2. We are doing relatively better in stoppage clearances than centre clearances - which indicates what you say is right, the mixture in the centre bounces hasn't been quite right, even when we have had a mature ruck available. I think we maybe need to bight the bullet and get Dusty to as many centre clearances as possible.

3. Overall this season we are -12 all clearances. -24 centre clearances. And +12 stoppage clearances.

I know we did a lot of work on our stoppages over the summer, so that seems to have amount to winning more stoppage clearances. But we do need to improve our centre clearance work. Hopefully part of that is just the new midfield lacking familiarity, and a large part is simply not having fit mature rucks for part of the season.

You just pipe up after every loss.

Age? This is bigfooty not Grinder

Why the **** is asking someones age got to do with Grinder? I was asking because sometimes you read peoples post on the internet and you just assume they are over 25, but in reality they are much younger & I wanted to make sure you all aren't teenagers or kids before i start to really go after you for your awful opinions about football. You guys have supported the club and personally attacked myself any many other posters here for our opinions and concerns about the club which have all played out to be very real concerns. So no, i didn't ask your age for Grindr purposes - but rest assured i do intend to **** you deeply over your past arrogance, moving forward. The winning days are gone & you now need to take your medicine, bucko

Last edited:
Why the * is asking someones age got to do with Grinder? I was asking because sometimes you read peoples post on the internet and you just assume they are over 25, but in reality they are much younger & I wanted to make sure you all aren't teenagers or kids before i start to really go after you for your awful opinions about football.

Come at me fella. I’ve been around footy a long time in playing and coaching capacity at a reasonably high level. Come at me do your best. I’ll back my knowledge and experience against some of the hideous assertions you make

I’ve been a staunch supporter of Dimma , it’s seems pretty apparent to me that we are shit outa luck , everything that could go has gone wrong and I reckon you need a circuit breaker to try and reset that ,, I bet hawks and wc wished they pulled the trigger 2y earlier , let Dimma call his own future and take up the reigns elsewhere while he still has some cache

Come at me fella. I’ve been around footy a long time in playing and coaching capacity at a reasonably high level. Come at me do your best. I’ll back my knowledge and experience against some of the hideous assertions you make

OK

You guys were massively wrong with where you thought this team was at. The double trade last year was reckless & desperate. re-signing the older guys has only delayed our rebuild & the club has more than just onfield issues. This is more apparent than ever after that loss to a pathetic Gold Coast team in Melbourne. That loss was up there with the meekness of the 2021 collapse period.

OK

You guys were massively wrong with where you thought this team was at. The double trade last year was reckless & desperate. re-signing the older guys has only delayed our rebuild & the club has more than just onfield issues. This is more apparent than ever after that loss to a pathetic Gold Coast team in Melbourne. That loss was up there with the meekness of the 2021 collapse period.

Are we massively wrong?
Have you looked into your crystal ball, looking forward 12-24-36 months?
Are you Kane Cornes?

Ok so 7 rounds into the year you’re making this call. Regardless of the fact we have an horrendous injury list to important structural cogs. Playing kids left right and centre.

That’s cool. That’s your decision. Bookmarked for prosperity

OK

Just wrong. This is such revisionist history.

Post round 6 last year we went 11-1-4.
2 of our losses were Swans by 6 points at the SCG and Cats by 3. The 2 grand finalists.
The other 2 losses were by 2 and 4. And then the draw. Collapses that shouldn't have happened.
We then lose the final by 2 points in another collapse.

We were literally a tiny bit of composure off a top 4 finish. Adding 2 quality mids in our weakest area was not a reckless or desperate idea.

Back