Is it time for Dimma to go.

• Yes

Votes: 97 43.9%
  • No

Votes: 126 57.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Are we massively wrong?
Have you looked into your crystal ball, looking forward 12-24-36 months?
Are you Kane Cornes?

Ok so 7 rounds into the year you’re making this call. Regardless of the fact we have an horrendous injury list to important structural cogs. Playing kids left right and centre.

That’s cool. That’s your decision. Bookmarked for prosperity

No but ive been pretty bloody right over the past 2 years with where we are heading. You don't need a crystal ball to see the future if your smart & humble enough to accept imperfections

I'm in the Dimma staying camp.

Out of curiosity who would be the Top 3 assistants out there ready to take the next step?

I haven't read all these pages, but I do just want to point out.

Dimma and the coaches don't teach the players to make god awful turnovers..

that s**t is on the players.

Selection stuff ok that sits with the coaching group.

but execution of skills on the ground is not a coaching issue IMO.

these are finely tuned elite athletes who have worked on their craft since under 12's for most of them.

If they still need a coach to show them how to hit a target then they are in the wrong gig!
Terrible recruiting, why would you recruit a player from either the draft or another club that can’t kick a footy. Don’t tell me the coach has nothing to do with it.

No but ive been pretty bloody right over the past 2 years with where we are heading. You don't need a crystal ball to see the future if your smart & humble enough to accept imperfections
Hmmm how can be so right over 2 years when things weren’t that far away last year. You’re full of shit.
I’ve never seen a tigers supporter take so much glee from a loss. I suggest you log back into your main account and run off to your own board

Unlikely just look at what Craig McCrae has done in less than 2 years at Lollingwood.

Chris Newman, Grigga and Leppa could have a similar impact.
Surely Leppa would be the answer, if and when we move on Hardwick. I would be all for Leppa Senior coach and Grigg assistant.

There is no point in moving on from Dimma unless there is an outstanding candidate ready to replace him, Leppa looks pretty content to be mcraes #2 and there is no one else that stands out atm. Maybe we look at Grigg long term but he'd have to manage the VFL side first to see if he has it in him to be a senior coach
If nothing else.
It's a must too sound out Grigga(,contract?).

I'm 33 years old and before Dimma, Spud was our last successful coach I saw.

As much as the past few years have been ordinary, what Dimma did brought me so much *in joy, I'll forever hold onto the 3 flags in 4 years and take it to the grave.

He can pull the pin when he wants, his earned it!!!!
I'm 29 years your senior and remember this stupid thing happen at the end of 1976 when certain people thought Hafey had run his race after delivering 4 premierships in 10 years.

FFS, oh how I wish Tommy had control of that 1980 premiership team!!! It wouldn't have been our last for 37 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure on what realm do people honestly think Leppa would be a better alternative to Dimma.
Leppa is a great assistant. Hard to come back from punching one of your reserve players as much as you might want to do it

Terrible recruiting, why would you recruit a player from either the draft or another club that can’t kick a footy. Don’t tell me the coach has nothing to do with it.

Hi, we haven’t met.
Mate, they can kick, mark, handball and run, it’s just when they are very young and inexperienced they can lack poise and make mistakes. And the more experienced players can drop confidence when their usual soldier mates are not by their side.
It happens, it’s elite sport, an uncompromising, brutal business where if you’re off by 5% you can look inept.
But it can change quickly.

FMD somebody give the clown a medal please

So after 5 years of domination and ageing stars as well as losing players due to cap space you predicted we would not be as successful and require a rebuild.

1682939653312.jpeg

What I’ve noticed since our years where we’ve become a powerhouse both on and off the field the club quickly tapers off to nothing. We are lucky now that we are financially stable bc mainly due to our large number of members and sponsorship which is a testament to all the people managing the club . So we can afford a drop of 15-30 % in membership if times get tough and still operate smoothly. My concerns atm are:
I’m not for sacking KDH, but I do want him to have better assistants who can prepare our players to a new game plan. Blind Freddy could see that hard times could soon hit us with our triple / double premiership jets ageing , injured , retiring and leaving. I thought we could survive for two more seasons at the top, but it’s come earlier than my expectations.
My real concerns atm is player fitness, player hunger , recent drafts, game plan -which is hard to assess with so many injuries ; kids development and decline of most and why so many injuries since we got a new fitness man in?
KDH hunger to succeed and his poor attitude in press conferences is an also a concern , Neil Balme seemingly to have lost his ruthlessness - maybe bc of his illness scare last year and finally what happens if Benny goes. There are a lot of issues now that are more serious than 2016 bc we had a stable and intelligent lot of people at the top which I shamefully underestimated back then. Peggy is also gone and the top decision makers are now thinner Or inexperienced.
My question poses is that it’s been almost seven years since we had that external review which put everyone from Benny to the orange peeler on the one page and ironed out most of our problems at the time. So do we need to invest money into another review to get everyone back on track focusing on how to win our next premiership? I believe people at the top have just gone back to pre 2016 believing a premiership was just going to evolve and instead hairline cracks opened up into ones Possibly arising from a natural disaster. KDH at the start of the year stated that this was the best list he’s ever had and I was with him on it also, but who could’ve predicted all our injuries, ageing players form dropping off and our kids mostly dropping off or some just not at the level ? Has complacency and arrogance set in again?

Back