Is it time for Dimma to go.

• Yes

Votes: 97 43.9%
  • No

Votes: 126 57.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

What are you even talking about?

Never said sack the coach. We can't - he is too expensive and because he divorced his wife he cannot financially afford to walk away from his mammoth contract. We are 100% stuck with him unless we buy him out, which we cannot afford. No point even suggesting he will be sacked - never going to happen.

So no, never said that. How you have turned this into a Dan Rioli thing is remarkable.
If you want to be taken seriously, I suggest you leave out this kind of childish nonsense.

Deflect all you want mate - trying to demonise me at the moment wont do much.

What i said is true. It sucks we lost, but some small warmth i get from it is knowing you ass-clowns that have been annoying AF have to actually put you hand up, say = yep, we were really wrong about where we were at & the decisions we supported are on the brink of crushing a huge portion of the progress we made over the last decade. At least thats what you need to do to have any actual reputation around here.

Of course i get some gratification from proving people wrong who talk down to me for disagreeing with them - you guys have been massive dickheads here for yonks
tenor-3624001273.gif

Say it how you like yes we got injuries and our top tier are towards the end , but the whole football department has gone backwards.Preseason looks like a mess our skills, execution, positioning, desire and game plan are not there.Some of our young players gone backwards who his the development coach.We haven't invested enough or replaced the quality we lost.

Hardwick’s still at the stage where he can choose to stay or go. If he thinks he’s got nothing to offer us, then it would be time to go. If he still thinks he does, then he can stay.

As long as we don’t become like West Coast, North Melbourne, and Hawthorn this year. If we start consistently losing by 80+ points, then it’s time to go.

I haven't read all these pages, but I do just want to point out.

Dimma and the coaches don't teach the players to make god awful turnovers..

that s**t is on the players.

Selection stuff ok that sits with the coaching group.

but execution of skills on the ground is not a coaching issue IMO.

these are finely tuned elite athletes who have worked on their craft since under 12's for most of them.

If they still need a coach to show them how to hit a target then they are in the wrong gig!
Bravo 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏

Who deflecting. You’ve cheered every loss this year. You populate every negative thread with your tripe. Only ever pipe up after a loss.
Says a lot about you
Put him on ignore list that is what it's there for

Craig McRae as yet achieving nothing of substance at Collingwood indicates that Newman, Grigg and Leppitsch could coach as well as Hardwick?
Went from 17th in 2021 to 3rd in 2022. Was the 2nd best team in it and now sit a game clear on top of the ladder.

To suggest what he has achieved already is not significant is completely stupid

Went from 17th in 2021 to 3rd in 2022. Was the 2nd best team in it and now sit a game clear on top of the ladder.

Collingwood finished 2nd 3rd 6th 17th 3rd in the last 5 years.

Nobody is going to say McRae doesn't have them tracking well, but it is pretty clear to see which of those finishing positions is the anomaly. Loads of coaches have a team going really well for a while. Stan Alves, Don Pyke, Danny Frawley to name a few have taken teams with worse recent histories than McRae has inherited and basically got about as far as McRae has to this point. Let him get some actual success and then we can start using him as a benchmark imo. But even if he coaches multiple flags this would not be any reason to sack Hardwick and appoint an untried coach in the hope he could do similar.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collingwood were a kick off a premiership in 2018; should've made the GF in 2019; made the semi's in 2020; had one poor season 2021 (sound familiar); bounced back in 2022 to almost make the GF.

I would suggest the foundations for McCrae's success were laid by his predecessor. Sure he's had an impact, but lets put it in perspective.

three big :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu: for Dimma

where most of the us tiger footy fans got it wrong and were annoyed about it, Dimma got it right..... he said Cumberland, Ross & Sonz were no automatic selections until they worked on a few things at the lower level. dimma was bang on the money.

Yeah and Clarkson won 4 before he was marched out of Hawthorn for stinking the joint up.

I am eternally grateful to Dimma for the success he brought our club recently, however, everyone has a used by date as a coach.

The reason we were irrelevant for 37 years was we accepted mediocrity. We need to start making the tough calls if we don't want to fall into the same pattern. Time for Dimma to go.
Correction. The reason we were irrelevant for 37 years is for exactly what you are calling for - ruthlessness. To the point the club was almost lost forever. We were broke!!

I see no reason to move on our coach atm. However, when the time comes, we can be comforted by the fact our club is in the exact opposite position it was 40 years ago. We will recover and be powerful again so long as we operate with respect and dignity.

I have seen much worse performances by a Richmond side over my 48 years of existence, thats why Sunday's loss was not a surprise to me. Disappointing yes but no surprise.

I do wonder how many of you people on here were born in the 90's or later because I've seen Richmond in worse spots than we are right now. Dimma isnt the problem, he had faith in our older players, he owed it to them for one more crack and unfortunately, we have come up short.

Should he have played the younger guys some more? Absolutely, but that's all in hindsight now. Dimma built this team up to win 3 flags, I have faith he can steer the ship if its something he chooses to do going forward. If some people think this is going to be a short term problem then strap yourself in because your going to be very disappointed for some time yet.

What are you even talking about?

Never said sack the coach. We can't - he is too expensive
and because he divorced his wife he cannot financially afford to walk away from his mammoth contract. We are 100% stuck with him unless we buy him out, which we cannot afford. No point even suggesting he will be sacked - never going to happen.

So no, never said that. How you have turned this into a Dan Rioli thing is remarkable.
Pretty sure they only now have to pay the coaches only 6 months salary

No i haven't. Never cheered a loss. Again, just making up s**t to paint narratives.

Out of intertest how old are you, R2R, Nord & Meteotic?
Notice how just about everybody here has noticed that you are a troll

Im sick of slapping you down so often and now have left it to others but if you get too much i will come back to slap you down again
Now behave

OK

You guys were massively wrong with where you thought this team was at. The double trade last year was reckless & desperate. re-signing the older guys has only delayed our rebuild & the club has more than just onfield issues. This is more apparent than ever after that loss to a pathetic Gold Coast team in Melbourne. That loss was up there with the meekness of the 2021 collapse period.

What’s with the ‘you guys’ and ‘you people’? Aren’t you one of us too or do you actually follow another side (probably Geelong) as I’ve suspected for a while?

For you to be taking pleasure in our losses just makes me sick and I don’t believe a true Richmond supporter would be saying the things you are.

There is no point in moving on from Dimma unless there is an outstanding candidate ready to replace him, Leppa looks pretty content to be mcraes #2 and there is no one else that stands out atm. Maybe we look at Grigg long term but he'd have to manage the VFL side first to see if he has it in him to be a senior coach

2 things regarding sacking Hardwick

1/ Hardwick would be just as sought after as Clarko was and probably more and would be able to demand more $$$ than what he is getting at Richmond
Gold Coast , Eagles , Fremantle , Port Adelaide , Bulldogs and even Brisbane would be camped on his door step

2/ Who is a standout coach there waiting for Richmond to take ?? Malthouse ? Sheedy ? Rutten ?
any standout assistant ? Just the people that are no longer at Richmond like Caracella / Leppa

Dimma Hardwick is the best Coach available to Richmond 100% , Its just the team has already climbed the mountain and in need of a top up / Refresh
and Dimma is the man to do that job as he has already proven in the past

Back