Autopsy goal loss vs *Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

We are building something special here! I can feel it! Just need to find these games more regularly. Then other teams watch out!

Also, f*** essendon. Carrying on like they won the grand final. We've just exposed them for the frauds they are. Little wins I guess.

Simply colossal effort with only 2 rotations on the bench and playing an inexperienced midfield.

TT - great return game. Broke open the game on many occasions.

Bull- was a defibrillator out there reviving our momentum with mammoth efforts. He is a joy to watch when he is up.

Logue & McKay have found their groove and were wonderful in defence both aerially and with their rebound.

Phillips was enormous in the engine room and made chances out of nothing.

Shiels did a good job clamping on Merrett.

Scott ran all day again and provided great outlets especially in the last Shen our legs were tiring.

Spicer I thought was great. The stats won’t reveal the impact he is having but that doubt he creates in the opposition backs helps us set up the zone further up the ground. Persist.

Stephenson clunked two enormous marks and iced 2 goals. That second one was a wonderful kick. Keep going, lad!

Wardlaw is a madman and possibly the most entertaining footballer - along with Zurhaar - we have. He mauls them in tackles, he chases and jumps and harasses. He is also up there with LDU and TT as the smoothest mover in the club and Sheezel as our best kick. He is actually insane.

CCJ played another great game taking some telling contested grabs and kicking a couple. He will be a great player in time.

The ruck contest was great to see and while it was pretty even, Goldie’s first half had some great highlights.

Sheezel did a couple of nice things in close to release other players but had a quiet one only collecting 21 possessions.

We are building something special here! I can feel it! Just need to find these games more regularly. Then other teams watch out!

Also, f*** essendon. Carrying on like they won the grand final. We've just exposed them for the frauds they are. Little wins I guess.
Agreed/ f*** off ess*ndon.

Agreed, we are building something special. I pity the league when this young midfield is unleashed with 40 more games under its belt and Simpkin and Davies-Uniacke leading it.

Heaps to look forward to. Essendon got gifted a win with our two best players out when they're trying make a tilt for finals lol

Scott is looking down the barrell of a rebuild there, unfortunately
Both teams are the same age.

You guys played well, could have gone either way. It was a great game of footy and the injuries showed us all the potential of Phillips and Wardlaw.

Gem of a game, deserved better than a 4.40 Sunday slot. Like what you’re building

What's been good great about the last 3 weeks is different names are bobbing up. We aren't relying on ridiculously padded stat lines from our more experienced.

Thought CCJ was more than useful today.

Solid return by TT. Hope he puts his head down and builds from here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can’t remember the last time I’ve been this giddy after a loss. Coach out, Our best mids out or down and we give a middle of the run team a scare. PLUS stay in the Harley sweepstakes…gotta be happy with the last few weeks.
Well, I think this game shows that WiPhi, Wardlaw, Sheez in the middle and CCJ clunking marks is what confidence and intent does.

Add LDU, say Nick Watson?, Brayden George, Goater into the mix and NMFC are actually building something.

With a bit more luck, we would have the same number of wins as Carlton, who don't even have a salary cap.

Both teams are the same age.

You guys played well, could have gone either way. It was a great game of footy and the injuries showed us all the potential of Phillips and Wardlaw.

Gem of a game, deserved better than a 4.40 Sunday slot. Like what you’re building

I don't know if you're joking - but Essendon is clearly looking down the barrell of a complete rebuild lol

3) You can't tie the young Kangaroos down​

The hype started building at North Melbourne after winning the first two games of the season, but a subsequent nine straight losses put everything back where it was before Alastair Clarkson walked through the door. While it was loss number 10 on Sunday, there's no doubt these Kangaroos are heading in the right direction. The past three weeks have delivered two losses within a goal and a very competitive effort against Collingwood, who almost no one can get close to this season. Young players like Harry Sheezel, George Wardlaw, Callum Coleman-Jones and more are maturing beyond their years and, if they can cut into their long injury list, this side will cause plenty of headaches before the season ends. – Howard Kimber

Remove this Banner Ad

Back