Autopsy goal loss vs *Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

****ing hurts. I asked a random question, what hurts more, a goal loss or a 100 point thumping… I know what hurts more. Losing to those dog campaigner rats by a ****ing kick when we absolutely pantsed em through the
middle of the ground and forward of centre.

Want an Autopsy? JZ’s kicking was ****ing horrendous. Halls shit unacceptable. I love JZ, his knee literally closed up and demolished Essendopes rotations. So I can absolutely appreciate that knee. But the OOF’s? **** me dead. Hall needs to go man, thats it. No more. Rather play Howe at half back.

WE GAVE THEM THE ****ING GAME.

Geee i ****ing love Wardlaw. So good

3. DEFENCE WINS CLOSE GAMES

Essendon was threatened by the Kangaroos on Sunday and the six point margin was testament to a game loaded with character from both sides. The kids at the Kangas were outstanding, and if you haven’t seen George Wardlaw play yet, do yourself a favour. He’s a threshing machine in the mould of Zak Butters. The Bombers have their own thrashing machine in terms of pressure. Matt Guelfi was third in last year’s best and fairest because he plays his role across half-forward and applies pressure. In a tense final quarter on Sunday, he gave a massive run-down tackle and won the free kick, applied forward pressure to give Essendon a goal and, with four minutes to play, won high tackle and Kyle Langford took advantage and kicked the goal. Jake Stringer could well ask, why about me? He had a double whammy in the one play, a smother and then tackle which opened the door for D’Ambrosio to kick the winner. What a game. What a Sunday of football.

Our youth are literally from now on gonna take us to our next flag.

I absolutely love the professionalism that our new kids have and this is why they are playing so bloody well.

Wardlaw is a genuine gun, in my time I have literally never seen a player who is just so fast and pounces on the ball. He also has the composure of a 300 game player, the way he can just sell the candy and turn players inside out is legitimately mind boggling when he has only played 3 games.

Phillips just becoming reliable in the midfield to just get the job done.

JZ needs a big kick up the arse, 4 out of the fulls is NOT GOOD ENOUGH , especially for a senior leader.

Im guttered because of the loss but I’m also stocked because we are literally going to be so good

If this young group sticks together at the club for their entire careers and resist the inevitable offers that will come from elsewhere, they are going to achieve very special things.

Its nice after a loss to have hope. I can see we are making progress but I feel for the players. I just want to see them get some reward for their efforts. Hopefully its not too far away.

What was he doing going checkside. I cant see how that is easier to execute directly in front under presure
Love him but very aware that Harry has cost us 2 games now with missed goals on the final minutes

Our youth are literally from now on gonna take us to our next flag.

I absolutely love the professionalism that our new kids have and this is why they are playing so bloody well.

Wardlaw is a genuine gun, in my time I have literally never seen a player who is just so fast and pounces on the ball. He also has the composure of a 300 game player, the way he can just sell the candy and turn players inside out is legitimately mind boggling when he has only played 3 games.

Phillips just becoming reliable in the midfield to just get the job done.

JZ needs a big kick up the arse, 4 out of the fulls is NOT GOOD ENOUGH , especially for a senior leader.

Im guttered because of the loss but I’m also stocked because we are literally going to be so good
need a shoutout for your DP as well. Miller is so clean and composed and skilful. We need another 2 of him coming out of half back tbh

This loss hurts real bad but I also hope the boys know we support them all the way.

I love how everyone clapped the boys off down the race too.

He's a good guy, but I don't think he'd be the ideal head coach. Plus I don't think he wants it.

If Clarko didn't return, I'd want us to go hard for Simmo or Horse. But I firmly believe Clarko will come back. These 3 weeks would have shown him he has a decent list to work with, with more top picks to come.

I think a club like north might fit Ratts well. Low expectations unlike Carlton and Saints, a board who won't eat him and good redemption arc for him. With support from a seasoned admin like Viney, it might all work out well for Ratts/us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Competed really well with 2 big bodied mids down but just get the feeling that we will never win any of the close ones. Every other team just has an extra gear in terms of skill and x-factor against us in the final moments. So in other words - close losses like this are as close to 'wins' as we will ever get.
We are not far off, the list just has a few to many holes in it still. The day we dont have to rely on jz and hall we are a netter team. And thats not a pot on those blokes either, we simply are not far enough into the build yet. we now have the midfield depth to cover LDU but thats not the same as not missing him as he is a ripper. Compare that to * who were pretty much full strength today. Also For the first time i are thinking CCJ just may be a player??

Don't know about you guys, but I would really like us, just for a change to have a game where we cruise to a 3 to 4 goal win. I don't know if my heart can take too many more of these close finishes (especially considering some of my dietary & lifestyle choices).

******* hurts. I asked a random question, what hurts more, a goal loss or a 100 point thumping… I know what hurts more. Losing to those dog campaigner rats by a ******* kick when we absolutely pantsed em through the
middle of the ground and forward of centre.

Want an Autopsy? JZ’s kicking was ******* horrendous. Halls s**t unacceptable. I love JZ, his knee literally closed up and demolished Essendopes rotations. So I can absolutely appreciate that knee. But the OOF’s? * me dead. Hall needs to go man, thats it. No more. Rather play Howe at half back.

WE GAVE THEM THE ******* GAME.

Geee i ******* love Wardlaw. So good
Another ****ed rule where the bloke winning the ball is penalised because the Essendon idiot could protect himself.

I'm sorry, what?

Scream past 6th very quickly. Holy * you blokes are older and so much dumber than us.
I’m not initiating a response to cause a reaction. But an honest thought.
But you guys were playing A LOT like us of the past. And some of the basic mistakes was north like from the last 1-5 years.
Warsfold and Truck would have sealed that game by 30 points by the third quarter even with that same list.
That short kick to kick shit down the wing you guys were doing, causing north fans to have ptsd episodes during the game. Who do you think invented that? We did. Well no, Brad did. So it’s in your DNA now.
There is a way out though.
Make sure he either develops your new recruits. Or nail some top off season recruits… like some really, really good ones.

Some big picture type positives to buoy those really frustrated or annoyed:

1. Wardlaw, Phillips and Tarryn aren't where they need to be fitness-wise and will all go up another couple of levels once they build a base. Thought all 3 were awesome today.

2. Two of our most experienced ball winners were out by half time and we were down 1 on the bench for the second half. The young guys continue to step it up and lead from the front when called upon.

2. We had the largest injury list going into this weekend and after the concussions to Simpkin and Greenwood, I'm assuming we're still at #1. If not, we'd be second behind West Coast. So we've been super competitive for 3 weeks with about 15 guys on our injury list over that period of time.

3. Our best player hasn't been injury free since Round 3 and has missed the last couple weeks through injury. He'll be back soon.

4. We get Brayden George next year.

5. We'll add at least one more elite talent at the draft.

6. Ben McKay was back to his best. I want him to stay, but if he goes we should be compensated well.

A lot to be excited about.

Last edited:
Also, f*** essendon. Carrying on like they won the grand final.

It is funny how they never, ever miss an opportunity to insist there is no rivalry whatsoever, but I remember the train ride home from the 2012 Mcintosh afer the siren miss game, Christ I've never seen such jubilation about beating a small club who at that point hadn't made the finals since 2008 by a margin of 2 points. 🤷‍♂️

I posed this question in the gameday thread and didn't really get a response, so I'll try again here. Is it acceptable in this day and age to use the term nuff nuff? If not, I have no way of describing the crowd around me today.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back