Autopsy goal loss vs *Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

When Ziebell threw the ball on the boot as he ran towards the boundary line, with the only possible result it going out on full, i fell off my chair. It was absolutely stupid play.
The third one I called out "don't kick it out on full" right before he did. And my daughter could only laugh.
I mean, that's ridiculous from a senior player.
Even Ats wouldn't have made those mistakes.
I would have had more faith in Ray Charles with that kick. And he's both blind and dead.

Can Zurhaar….Amazing!!
Tarryn Thomas…. Wrap our arms around him….. amazing footballer!!
George Wardlaw!!!
Sheez missed a sitter, umpire missed a free kick to Larkey, and JZ’s second out of bounds. If any of those 3 didn’t happen, we win.
I can see massive Improvement x 10. Brett Ratten is our man. I don’t care how we found him, but he’s our coach. The boys are loving it, you can see it
Clarko is our coach we back him like he backed us. Rats is awesome and shows the quality of our coaches.

Mckay was absolute brilliant today.

Makes his efforts in the previous few months all the more frustrating, the guys a good player. Just needs to get the right headspace week in week out.
Importantly he and Logue worked well together.
CCJ continuing on, he seems super focused all the time now. Just looks fitter with way more mongrel, love it!

Don't know about you guys, but I would really like us, just for a change to have a game where we cruise to a 3 to 4 goal win. I don't know if my heart can take too many more of these close finishes (especially considering some of my dietary & lifestyle choices).
I would take any win

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was really disapponting how we allowed their rucks to dominate early.
All he had to do was compete and we were in it. Essendon looked like they were going to run out 100 point winners because Draper and Phillips were shoving it down their throats.

It’s the one game that you wish we had a physical Ruck like Xerri playing.

He’s been pretty good this year, but today was one to forget.

Kingy absolutely torching the older players, particularly Hall and Ziebell.
Thoroughly deserved, Hall and Ziebell in particular cost us a win today.

Both Kingy and Montagna were very bullish about North and our young players, Montagna even made the comment that our climb up the ladder could be very quick because of the skills of players like Wardlaw, Sheezel and Phillips

Hall has been ok in previous seasons but his time is done. Honestly would have rather had Young or Dawson out there until Arch and Goater get back to full fitness.
Ziebs has been very good at times this year but his last few have been shakey.
LMac needs to lower his eyes when he has time. His shot for goal was superb, can we have a bit more of that please?
Buckets back to his best. Nice that Carltank have shown him how useless they are and he is more likely to get a premiership with us than them.
Shiels is a gun. Everyone should be doing what he does, training how he trains and listening to his advice, apart from Ratten, the next most important person at the club for on-field influence. True leader.

Thought Phoenix did some better things today, needs to at least impede the bigger boys if he can't tackle them.
Kids are looking good. Wardlaw is a beast, Sheezel will be better for today's run but they are both such quick thinkers, I see them moving to where the ball is going to be long before it gets there.
Wifi needs to be better defensively, but his inside game is Cunners-like.
Good to have Tarryn back on the park for us. A little off the pace but silky with the ball.
Tucker is harder than Howe, doesn't get the numbers but is more reliable.

Forwards are always a mixed bag, they do some good stuff and some frustrating things but ultimately a lot of their good work comes down to how the ball is delivered to them. As a unit they were better today. Coleman-Jones is a forward, pinch-hitter in the ruck at best.

Goater to halfback for me. Takes the Hall spot. I also don’t think Hall was nearly as bad as people on here are making out.
Yeah, it's an interesting one. It may look different at the ground, but on TV viewing I'm not seeing a large number of leads made hard at him. We never seem to have open space inside the 50.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I posed this question in the gameday thread and didn't really get a response, so I'll try again here. Is it acceptable in this day and age to use the term nuff nuff? If not, I have no way of describing the crowd around me today.
You are entitled to say you‘ve had enuff of the nuff nuffs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back