No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Love that Luke Breust was there for Izzy's last game - that's that mate ship at footy clubs that goes beyond

Love that Luke Breust was there for Izzy's last game - that's that mate ship at footy clubs that goes beyond
Just came on to comment on that. Loved it!
Now get back into your ice bath and finish your rehab, Luke!

Looking unlikely now, but was hoping WC would miraculously get up. I think less chance North get band 1 compo for McKay if they finish last.
I agree on the last part however I think WC with pick 1 throws up more opportunity for movement of picks that may benefit us.

For once in my life, I hoped the Cats would win so the Dogs draft picks (which we have) would be worth more.

You can never rely on Geelong for anything*

(*Except of course the generosity of the MRP, regular favors from umpires, the mandatory 5 slots in the AA side, and a large dose of arrogance from certain fans.
But apart from the obvious, they cannot be relied upon.)

Looking unlikely now, but was hoping WC would miraculously get up. I think less chance North get band 1 compo for McKay if they finish last.
I think they'll get the band 1 compo but dont think they will be given access to the NGA player they want as well .
Clubs are already ropeable at the prospect of it and have let the AFL know.

Someone will have to explain to me how North allowed themselves after expertly losing 20 in a row to win a totally meaningless game that robs them of the generational marquee player that would aid their relevance and on field performance. Or maybe they don’t. Maybe that’s why it’s spelt Norf.
Sleepy GIF by Cirque du Soleil

Might be a controversial statement, but I think we can close the book on tanking for this year. We clearly weren't, not even "a form of it". And both the bottom teams surrendered pick #1 with inexplicable late season wins. And as always, Gold Coast stands supreme as a dire warning. A list choc full of talent yet can't handle the worst team in decades once the weather gets a little chilly.

You do wonder what some of those Suns (most apt club nic ever, BTW) kids careers would look like if they were picked up elsewhere?

Might be a controversial statement, but I think we can close the book on tanking for this year. We clearly weren't, not even "a form of it". And both the bottom teams surrendered pick #1 with inexplicable late season wins. And as always, Gold Coast stands supreme as a dire warning. A list choc full of talent yet can't handle the worst team in decades once the weather gets a little chilly.

You do wonder what some of those Suns (most apt club nic ever, BTW) kids careers would look like if they were picked up elsewhere?

Said it many times. It’s like sending the top academic vce kids to the worst universities

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Someone will have to explain to me how North allowed themselves after expertly losing 20 in a row to win a totally meaningless game that robs them of the generational marquee player that would aid their relevance and on field performance. Or maybe they don’t. Maybe that’s why it’s spelt Norf.
Sleepy GIF by Cirque du Soleil
I think bs about meaningless games of footy has propagated too much into football fans. Its all about draft picks. They start thinking about football clubs as innaminate entities.

That win by North Melbourne will do so much more than any one draft pick. There are no messiahs in footy winning premierships comes from within a well run club. Watching the reaction from the president down to the players supporters u can see they will take that winning feeling into pre season. Plenty of parents who saw their kids sing the song were in tears. As a player Its these sort of moments and games that set u up. You have some belief in yourself. In ure club and its future. So for one final time i say this. There are no meaningless wins.

I think bs about meaningless games of footy has propagated too much into football fans. Its all about draft picks. They start thinking about football clubs as innaminate entities.

That win by North Melbourne will do so much more than any one draft pick. There are no messiahs in footy winning premierships comes from within a well run club. Watching the reaction from the president down to the players supporters u can see they will take that winning feeling into pre season. Plenty of parents who saw their kids sing the song were in tears. As a player Its these sort of moments and games that set u up. You have some belief in yourself. In ure club and its future. So for one final time i say this. There are no meaningless wins.
That win does more for them than a PP .

Norths messaging this season has been terrible and I have no doubt its contributed to them regressing .

Yesterday should be a good boost for their players .

I thought the whole point of having the 6pm game was to maximise interest in the final round, but FTA aren’t even showing it so why bother?
I so don't understand, AFL want to make inroads into NSW, Carlton have a large following and playing some good footy, great time slot Sunday dinner time 6.10 but...not FTA....WTF! Who has shares in Kayo??? Channel 7 dropping the FTA ball as they have all year...GGGRRRR.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back