Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

How?

Eagles will make them pay up 2&3.

If they don’t, they’re incompetent.
With the picks North currently have, surely they'll be able to get something done using 15,18,21,25. North know that they WC will only deal with them so they'll have to wilt at some point.

Barrett and Jenkins making out it was genius for the Roos to trade out their two compo picks for next year.
They were always going to without any clauses attached to them. You would've been disgusted as a Roos supporter if they hadn't done this.

A top four side making all the right moves in getting in extra picks. Will have a better draft hand than a side that finished 16th.

With the picks North currently have, surely they'll be able to get something done using 15,18,21,25. North know that they WC will only deal with them so they'll have to wilt at some point.
North hold 2&3. Eagles aren’t going to take a bunch of picks at the back end of the first round.

North hold 2&3. Eagles aren’t going to take a bunch of picks at the back end of the first round.
It will probably compromise with pick 2 and a bunch of other good picks. That's very good for a rebuilding club like the Eagles. Can see North throwing away all of their gifts for one player. And then asking the AFL for more picks in a year or two.

Can see North throwing away all of their gifts for one player. And then asking the AFL for more picks in a year or two.
It’s their way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Question what would you rather

4 + Hawthorns Future First or
3 + 15+18+21+25

Theyre not giving up Reid for some random picks

North's big advantage over us (other than the 50 first round draft picks) is that they can threaten to take Curtain with pick 2 or 3 if Eagles don't deal with them. I think a deal like 2, 15 & 18 will probably get it done for pick 1.

It might become a game of bluff.

What will the AFL do if North make the finals next year. I know it won't happen but giving a club extra picks in a season they haven't even played yet is absurd. They have good young talent and if they make a bit of a leap next year the AFL will look like fools.

North's big advantage over us (other than the 50 first round draft picks) is that they can threaten to take Curtain with pick 2 or 3 if Eagles don't deal with them. I think a deal like 2, 15 & 18 will probably get it done for pick 1.

It might become a game of bluff.
Eagles aren’t dumb enough to fall for that. North won’t take a WA kid when they just lost JHF.

What will the AFL do if North make the finals next year. I know it won't happen but giving a club extra picks in a season they haven't even played yet is absurd. They have good young talent and if they make a bit of a leap next year the AFL will look like fools.
turn their head and whistle

Question what would you rather

4 + Hawthorns Future First or
3 + 15+18+21+25

Theyre not giving up Reid for some random picks
I think they'll get 2 + some later picks.

They want Curtin, and 2 is the only way of guaranteeing that. Think it will be tough for us now, and the club know that hence McCartney's comments earlier.

I think they'll get 2 + some later picks.

They want Curtin, and 2 is the only way of guaranteeing that. Think it will be tough for us now, and the club know that hence McCartney's comments earlier.
Surely North wouldn't risk Curtin.

Doubt it matters to West Coast whether they get him now or a few years down the track, and West Coast have a talent for retaining Victorians so you figure they'd back themselves in to keep Reid if North don't stump up and they do draft him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back