Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess is the Concessionroos will offer 2 or 3, plus 15 and 18.
Still better off with our offer, particularly if we given them an exposed youngster.

If we’re all in on Reid still, I’d much rather we trade Worpel to the Cats for 8, and then bundled 4, 8 and F1 to Eagles for Harley than have to give up a youngster.

Here’s my conspiracy theory

Wouldn’t be surprised if a secret handshake deal has been done between the scum and the beggars.

Wouldn’t be surprised if that deal involves pick 3 going to the scum in return for their pick 9 and something else.

Why? Who benefits?

Beggars get their pick 3 compo (already happened)

Scum get to move up the draft to #3 to get Duursma. (Curious his brother’s willingness to go to the scum and for him to say he has spoken to his brother about playing together wink)

Other questionable incidents to date that might point to it:-

Today the Beggars offer up a suite of first round picks for Harley Reid, excluding pick 2 and 3 of course. (Why not pick 3 which would increase their chances of landing Reid – Could it be that it has already been promised to another club?)

Suspect the AFL might have had a conversation with the beggars and warned them not to make the AFL and themselves look stupid. The AFL have gone out on a limb and made an unpopular decision to assist. I would be surprised if the assistance didn’t come with a warning that you should now draft Rylee Sanders since you got us to make him your NGA prospect.

How could they get Sanders with current picks when he’s not worth 2 or 3, and would be gone by 15? The answer is they couldn’t, and this would look bad. (A trade with the scum where they got pick 9 might solve that problem though wink).

How might this conspiracy theory play out?

Assuming trade night draft order of
  • Eagles
  • Beggars
  • Scum
  • Hawks
  • Dogs
  • Dees
  • Giants
  • Cats
  • Beggars
I think the Eagles are bluffing with Reid and would take Curtin

If so, perhaps

• Hawks (swapping 3 and F! on draft night) - Reid
  • Beggars - McKercher
  • Scum – Duursma (play with his brother)
  • Eagles – Curtin
  • Dogs – Watson
Lets see if any of this plays out in the coming days. The first sign will be a pick swap between the beggars and the scum involving pick 3 and pick 9.

Grundy to Swans for 44 and a F2.

A-grade player on a huge contract moved on for a modest return because it's what's best for the player and both clubs.

Why are we expected to front up with anything more than a future third for Chol then? Genuine question. By comparison it should be a classic future 4th scenario.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really want Reid, but I do not want us to trade trade any of Ward, Mackenzie or MacDonald.
Frenchy is the only one that worries me.

Harley’s X-factor is an upgrade on the other two.

A-grade player on a huge contract moved on for a modest return because it's what's best for the player and both clubs.

Why are we expected to front up with anything more than a future third for Chol then? Genuine question. By comparison it should be a classic future 4th scenario.
Don’t get sucked in by the media.

If we’re all in on Reid still, I’d much rather we trade Worpel to the Cats for 8, and then bundled 4, 8 and F1 to Eagles for Harley.

That I can deal with.

I've said multiple times (as have others) that Worpel is the most expendable and replaceable of our midfield unit.

He was great this season and clearly back to his clearance winning best. But I'm backing Ward, Mackenzie and MacDonald to become better players in the end.

Former A-grader. He's not what he was.

If we’re all in on Reid still, I’d much rather we trade Worpel to the Cats for 8, and then bundled 4, 8 and F1 to Eagles for Harley.
I'd hate to lose Worpel, especially to the Cats, but even if we managed to get Harley without losing Worpel it's tough to see how we fit them both into the midfield rotations.

I'd rather do that deal now to get Harley rather than miss out and then have Worpel walk as a free agent in 2 years time anyway. At which point we might be lucky to get anywhere near that as compensation.

Frenchy is the only one that worries me.

Harley’s X-factor is an upgrade on the other two.

At worst we could move MacDonald - he hasn't seen any midfield time and seems to be behind six players in the rotation currently. He might be persuaded to move for more midfield opportunities?

Still, I'd rather we keep those three. I think we have three A graders there in the making, and if we are adding them on top of a F1 plus Duursma/Watson then it's overkill for mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back