Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of interest, does anyone have Ryan in their projected best 22 for next year? I don't, even though I quite liked what I saw in one game.
I reckon he is fringe, playing anywhere from 8-15 games depending on injuries. You’d hope he and Ramma are pushing Chol and maybe Gunners, pushing them out at some point.

Where does C Mac fit in?
C McDonald or C MacKenzie? I assume the latter?
Regardless, I think one of them might not be in our best 22. Depends on form among other things but if we're gonna play Nash, Maginness and even Worpel perhaps, then I don't think we can fit in both of these boys. I see no spot for Mass either... which is why I'm alright if we don't get that trade through

Ryan for Gunston and a pick upgrade effectively is stupidity. All this talk about his future contract security - just offer him 2 more years and make all this go away. Take Gunston late for whatever junk pick we have left at the end to save Brisvegas $500k salary dump.
Why give away the only KPF since Lewis to show anything? And for what - another speculative 30+ shot in the dark??

Where does C Mac fit in?

C Mac will be there - but I would assume I speak for the majority in stating that I would like to see him push into the midfield this year.

You only have to hear Moorey and others speak of C Mac, particularly after last pre-season about how good he actually is.

You have to remember, he is plying his trade and development currently as a small forward, but as a junior was an inside mid with speed and skills.

I'd say if you were going with that starting 6, C Mac will start on the bench. But as noted, would love to see him play HF/Mid this year.

The rumours of more talks re Smith were just that - rumours.
Good to know, I'd be worried if they could hide something that big from me :)

So, it took us 8 days to trade Brocky for 44 & 63, and we've now got 10 hours to trade for Chol, Ginnivan, Gunston & Massimo and deal out Kosi.
Like I said - fun

Are they serious about Ginnivan or is this just smoke and mirrors!
I just don’t see Hawthorn winning this?
1.Not Quick
2.Is not strong overhead which we do not normally recruit?
3.Questionable Attitude
4. Teams may have worked him out!
5. 4 years seems way overs for him?
If we get him I hope it is for a bag of chips!
Not sure how I can ever come to even support such a flog!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Good news (and bad news depending how you feel) is that if the Ginnivan trade goes through as we expect it will now it will simplify our draft strategy somewhat.
Word is, we get Ginnivan we wont be looking at Watson. Our focus is still Duursma but Curtin is becoming more talked about.
It basically means with Watson out of the equation we'll have more scope with offering pick trades.

Ryan for Gunston and a pick upgrade effectively is stupidity. All this talk about his future contract security - just offer him 2 more years and make all this go away. Take Gunston late for whatever junk pick we have left at the end to save Brisvegas $500k salary dump.
Why give away the only KPF since Lewis to show anything? And for what - another speculative 30+ shot in the dark??
Hulu Fx GIF by Reservation Dogs

KPFs who take marks and kick goals are gold. Must keep Ryan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

C Mac will be there - but I would assume I speak for the majority in stating that I would like to see him push into the midfield this year.

You only have to hear Moorey and others speak of C Mac, particularly after last pre-season about how good he actually is.

You have to remember, he is plying his trade and development currently as a small forward, but as a junior was an inside mid with speed and skills.

I'd say if you were going with that starting 6, C Mac will start on the bench. But as noted, would love to see him play HF/Mid this year.
We have too many mids now. How to fit Day, Nuke, Ward, Nash, Amon, Worpel, Maginess, CMac, MacDonald, and Mass in the same team? At least a couple will have to drop out.

Good news (and bad news depending how you feel) is that if the Ginnivan trade goes through as we expect it will now it will simplify our draft strategy somewhat.
Word is, we get Ginnivan we wont be looking at Watson. Our focus is still Duursma but Curtin is becoming more talked about.
It basically means with Watson out of the equation we'll have more scope with offering pick trades.
Why are u still giving out information about our draft choices?

I think this is all smokes and mirrors! No way the HFC allows this information to be leaked here!

I like Ryan but I'm not opposed to trading him. You can't just trade the trash. You need to trade value and it's all about the balance you get post-trade period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back