• 44. Seth Campbell

Votes: 77 62.6%
  • 45. Tylar Young

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50. Marlion Pickett

Votes: 35 28.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

We need to play a tall as a high half forward. When done last year it worked and again today . Need a contest in the air across the middle of the ground .

The lack of forward half contest has been the biggest issue for a long time. That and a bottom 2-3 midfield that gets smoked every week.

Very rarely should a team be streaming forward and be kicking to a player high in a contest that outnumbered or outsized. You're basically gifting the ball back to the opposition and not giving yourself any advantages.

It happens every second time this club goes forward. Still hasn't been addressed. The forward mix and personnel is usually all wrong as is the game plan to move the ball forward.

Last year same thing. We were kicking to Riewoldt 3 or 4 on 1 every time we went forward at age 50. It was embarrassing.

Dan Richardson (umps boss 2020 - 2023) created another mess with the umps... everything that bloke touches turns to crap.

Got relocated at the AFL a few months back. Thank god.

Dec 2023: "Dan Richardson, previously the Head of Umpiring, will take on a new role of Coaching Engagement Manager as part of the League's push to "continue to ensure the interests of the coaches are heard and considered when making key strategic decisions".
I mean he helped keep Essendon down when he cracked the shits with us after we hired Balme

One bad game and you crucify him, geez i hate to leave skid marks after using your toilet at your place. :eekv1:
As I've already explained its a continuation of his form after the bye last year. I really didn't want to spend my time bashing Taranto either, he wasn't alone yesterday,......plus, I just thought I'd breakup the monotony of the umpire bashing lol

It’s in every game though. You lot make it out to be something that happens to only Richmond
I am going to be honest here and say that yes it does happen to other clubs as well but it doesnt appear to be almost every god damn game. Unfortunately due to family I have had to watch a fair amount of St Kilda games and when you watch them you can see the umpiring being far more consistent. Most of the real unfair things are things that each team has to deal with like;
  • Gawn infringing on a majority of the around the ground stoppages (always two hands pushing in the back if you take front position and grabbing arms in others)
  • Western Bulldogs and Clayton Oliver just straight throwing the ball a majority of the time
  • Biased umpiring interstate (especially SA and WA)

not sure what people were expecting given where the respective lists are in terms of development cycle.

GCS are stacked and have the AFL managing them. There’s a reason Dimma went there. It’s like when you play Football Manager and start a second team so you can but low and sell high. Totally stacked against us.

As I've already explained its a continuation of his form after the bye last year. I really didn't want to spend my time bashing Taranto either, he wasn't alone yesterday,......plus, I just thought I'd breakup the monotony of the umpire bashing lol
I wasn't umpire bashing i just want consistency but it seems to you're not happy with tim unless he produces 40 clanger free possies and averages 5 goals a game, be realistic m8. :$

not sure what people were expecting given where the respective lists are in terms of development cycle.

GCS are stacked and have the AFL managing them. There’s a reason Dimma went there. It’s like when you play Football Manager and start a second team so you can but low and sell high. Totally stacked against us.
we will get them back in the grand final

Dare I say we missed Graham. His midifeld grunt might've been what was keeping star players from having days like Rowell did walking the ball out with impunity. McAuliffe brings this as well with the bonus of being able to win the ball and breakaway at pace.
Needs to come in.
Graham is too slow. More of the same. Try anyone with pace. Mcauliffe looks like he's also got grunt

Thought Crayfish was good…particularly in the 2nd half

25 HO (his opponent Jarred fuqWitts had 22)
11 possies 5 kicks 6 hballs
3 tackles

He had more possies than half of the team….
He had more tackles than half of the team…

I’d keep him him …even if Nank comes back
I’d ditch Kosi

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We had no big defender to body their talls in the first half yet we had Noah running around energetically but in reality very ineffective in the forward line

Then Yze in the post match presser praises Balta's efforts in the ruck in the second half

A thoroughbred all Australian full back being used as a Clydesdale in the ruck and left to flounder up forward as our key vehicle for attack. Just straight out dumb management.

Seth good game on debut and Ross is in our 18 not sure why he is not and it just cannot be the new coach but if there is a link between the advice of Balta forward/ruck and Ross on the bench we need to remove those individuals influence sooner rather than later.

As for Dylan simple 1 minute post match talk, Dylan act like a dill again and you will have to prove yourself in the VFL before you get back in the big game.

Hopper for all his criticism that goal he kicked 55 metres into the wind after being crunched in the ribs and winded the boy showed something that all tiger fans love. Good step forward.

And to,think we made Grimes a captain , what a leader

As far as I can see, he will never make it. Don't worry about the old chestnut that it takes longer for the big blokes to mature. He just doesn't have it, and doesn't seem to want it either. That's the disappointing thing. From the outset reminded me of Chol. No second effort forthcoming. Too happy to watch the ball get walked out of defence by the oppo.
Yeah he and Kosi are birds of a feather. Though Kosi shows at least bare effort (which is still atrocious)

Hopper played his best game for us yesterday, so why do I feel like he was still crap?
DE was 52% so I guess that contributed to why I feel that way. He kicked 2 goals though so that's a positive.
Shame Taranto played one of his worst games for us though, for once I wish they would both turn up the same time.

Read the below extract from the 2024 Rules of the game and see that it is black and white under the rules. There is absolutely no ambiguity in the wording. Broad stood there for a moment and could of disposed of the ball and the GC player starts behind the square and runs in. If Broad was tackled it would of been Holding the Ball.

View attachment 1924218

We as a club do get screwed on Free kicks and dodgy umpire decisions, but this is not one of them.
You're wasting your time posting things like this, as those who believe the umpires are against couldn't care less about it.

Dare I say we missed Graham. His midifeld grunt might've been what was keeping star players from having days like Rowell did walking the ball out with impunity. McAuliffe brings this as well with the bonus of being able to win the ball and breakaway at pace.
Needs to come in.
JGTI would've kept Ross out or if not then Campbell or MRJ and they were three of our bests. JGTI would've been another 1955 tractor in our Midfield and the margin could've been worse.

Read the below extract from the 2024 Rules of the game and see that it is black and white under the rules. There is absolutely no ambiguity in the wording. Broad stood there for a moment and could of disposed of the ball and the GC player starts behind the square and runs in. If Broad was tackled it would of been Holding the Ball.

View attachment 1924218

We as a club do get screwed on Free kicks and dodgy umpire decisions, but this is not one of them.
I didn't have a problem with the decision as Broad was a moron, he should have let the Suns player get a hand on him, could disguised it way better, however, I do have an issue that it's always us that cops these interpretations earlier in a season and then we don't see them called again for the remainder of the year. Even after the AFL come out and say the free kick was correct.

We must have the dumbest players in the AFL

The other one that annoyed me was Grimes giving away a free and 50, he killed all our momentum for the match. However, I then watch the GWS game and see Miochek make a change in direction and cannons into a GWS player on the boundary line, not going for the ball that has already gone out and nothing happens. Utter dog shit.

Last edited:
Back