Opinion Sack Hinkley 10 - UnTENable

Remove this Banner Ad

Wasn’t it great to see his smug smiling face yesterday, I’d forgotten how much I enjoy seeing it..

Nothing better than seeing his smugness after another successful downhill skiing win..

* you koch
Typical Donuts smug chirp about how great Dixon was going and then barely touched the ball and did a Riewoldt - stupid prick.

Typical Donuts smug chirp about how great Dixon was going and then barely touched the ball and did a Riewoldt - stupid prick.
I'm a bit worried that Dixon''s body is going to be like one of those cars on the side of the highway that is an abandoned burnt out husk.

He played a ripping quarter and then got injured and tired and struggled the rest of the way.

If he did his shoulder, it was a pretty good impact and one you should walk up from.

I'm a bit worried that Dixon''s body is going to be like one of those cars on the side of the highway that is an abandoned burnt out husk.

He played a ripping quarter and then got injured and tired and struggled the rest of the way.

If he did his shoulder, it was a pretty good impact and one you should walk up from.
I'll be interested to see how many defences will allow him to take marks when he doesn't leaves the ground.

I'm not anti-Dixon the player, just anti-Dixon the mouth. This must be his last season.

I'll be interested to see how many defences will allow him to take marks when he doesn't leaves the ground.

I'm not anti-Dixon the player, just anti-Dixon the mouth. This must be his last season.
There were a few times later in the game when he took a hit in the marking contest and struggled.

He is really running on the smell of an oily rag.

I think I've run out of the automobile theme.

It's like watching a car crash in slow motion. He is going to have a strange year.

He played an absolute dominant first quarter and then ran out of gas and parked the car in neutral.

I'm done.

Koch is Hinkley's enabler. The senior coach's job is Hinkley's as long as he wants it while Koch is at the helm.

The fact that Hinkley has completely conned Koch is just another indication of how little Koch understands football and what it takes to be a successful professional sporting organisation. Koch believes that stability of itself brings success and Hinkley is part of that stability.

If Hinkley was in charge of US forces at the Battle of Hurtgen Forest he'd still be telling his superiors that they just needed to send more men as he'd achieve victory eventually.
And when Ken enters his 28th year as coach in 2040, Koch will undoubtedly say, "Just because stability hasn't yielded any grand final appearances yet, you can't tell me that we're no chance of going all the way at the 28th attempt."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's just desperate reinforcing of the Kock / Ken / Boak narrative that they saved the club from extinction

The deification of these clowns is disgusting

We were never going to Tassie
We were never going to become the Southern Power
The move to AO conceived and implemented by the previous admin turned around our financials
The move to AO refreshed our supporter base and increased attendances - see above
The Energy Australia sponsorship fell in their lap courtesy of LR
The China move was served up on a platter by LR
The MG sponsorship off the back of the China initiative was sealed by a clever bit of thinking by D Cahill
The re-development of Alberton is almost all public money

It is 'almost' all smoke and mirrors cleverly spun by snake oil salesmen

Last edited:
It's just desperate reinforcing of the Kock / Ken / Boak narrative that they saved the club from extinction

The move to AO conceived and implemented by the previous admin turned around our financials
The move to AO refreshed our supporter base and increased attendances - see above
The MG sponsorship off the back of the China initiative was sealed by a clever bit of thinking by D Cahill

It is nearly all smoke and mirrors cleverly spun by snake oil salesmen
I almost luv this to bits.

Yes sure but those are all off-field results.

What Hinkley and Boak have delivered is all the on-field success. Like all the grand finals we've played in and premierships we've won since 2012.

Imagine if Boak had decided to **** off to Geelong. You know what draft pick we would have received for him? Due to GWS compromising the draft, we would have got Pick 16 + change.

With Pick 16, we don’t make finals in 2013/2014, Robbie Gray probably leaves for Victoria for a chance to play finals and we are up shit creek, becoming nothing more than a perpetual revolving door where we don’t have enough talent to challenge for a flag but not having the market to make us being successful a priority for the AFL (ala Brisbane). Any move to AO wouldn’t have made a difference without having a side that made the experience a positive one.

So yeah, Hinkley is right when he says that Boak sort of saved the club.

No need to lump Travis in with those charlatans. These aren't his comments. It's not his fault his coach is an idiot.

Imagine if Boak had decided to * off to Geelong. You know what draft pick we would have received for him? Due to GWS compromising the draft, we would have got Pick 16 + change.

With Pick 16, we don’t make finals in 2013/2014, Robbie Gray probably leaves for Victoria for a chance to play finals and we are up s**t creek, becoming nothing more than a perpetual revolving door where we don’t have enough talent to challenge for a flag but not having the market to make us being successful a priority for the AFL (ala Brisbane). Any move to AO wouldn’t have made a difference without having a side that made the experience a positive one.

So yeah, Hinkley is right when he says that Boak sort of saved the club.
'ala Brisbane'? The Brisbane which just made the Grand Final last year?

Do you read your posts before you post them?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back