Autopsy Swans vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Thats not an excuse though Ted, that could be right, his durability has become a big issue]
The round 9 last year game came off a pre season and no missed games

If he stays on the park the rest of the year in a set spot we may see something good
I reckon we will but it has to be as Main Ruckman OR Full Forward. It just can't be 50:50 as he gets lost in the role I believe and he just needs continuity. He was seriously flying last year!

Now about "cheering blindly" or whatever you said. I had a good chat to someone 'important' at the pre season Vic supporters function at Lakeside.
I asked the question about playing so many kids in 2016 & was told that it would continue in 2017.
Now I left that conversation thinking that it was a classic rebuild if ever I saw one, not that the word 'rebuild' was used at all.
I have no doubt at all that the club have known for a long time that some players were slowing down & fast!
So the s**t I read on here from some knobs suggesting that all this has suddenly fallen on the club without them expecting it is laughable.

whos saying the club didnt expect it.
for me the way they have planned for it is below par.

of course we're playing kids.
kids is all we have.

but maybe the coaches should be reflecting on the heavy duty footy we've played for years, that is maybe now why we're speculating that senior players are spent at the start of the year

maybe they should have been more forward thinking with playing the kids earlier, given some experienced players a chop out.

maybe they should have used the salary cap better.

so if they knew players were slowing down why didnt they do something about it instead of getting us to the point where we depend so much on so few.

kids is all we have.

but maybe the coaches should be reflecting on the heavy duty footy we've played for years, that is maybe now why we're speculating that senior players are spent at the start of the year

maybe they should have been more forward thinking with playing the kids earlier, given some experienced players a chop out.

so if they knew players were slowing down why didnt they do something about it instead of getting us to the point where we depend so much on so few.
Maybe we shouldn't have got a 2 year trade ban for obeying the rules either.
I think we've mitigated that as much as we could have, but perhaps we're seeing that impact more now rather than earlier.

Maybe we shouldn't have got a 2 year trade ban for obeying the rules either.
I think we've mitigated that as much as we could have, but perhaps we're seeing that impact more now rather than earlier.

course.

but we let Mitchell go last year and others only draftees in and we still have cap issues?

course.

but we let Mitchell go last year and others only draftees in and we still have cap issues?

Doesn't help when we have McVeigh who would be on a decent amount probably not playing a game due to old age injuries. That is money we could have used for depth.

Do you know what the word means? It means something which is hindered or held back. It then lead into the next description of 'developmentally delayed' (which was inaccurate because there is not a delay). The word was an accurate description of the underlying mental impairment. However meaning gets corrupted due to general ignorance. In the same way that there was a controversy over use of the word 'niggardly' in the United States due to a large quantity of morons not understanding that it has absolutely nothing to with race.
Thanks for that. I can also distinguish between a verb - your convenient definition and a noun - which as used by Shaw is a particularly nasty, odious term of denigration and abuse against those who are the most unfortunate , as they usually have a birth condition and are the least able neurologically and intellectually to defend themselves. There are two ironies in all this. Papley, a kid who got a plumbing apprenticeship and is obviously as smart as a whip, - kids who do plumbing are going to be very well off and he passed the TAFE entrance. Contra Shaw, who has always been an arse clown and will always be, would struggle with a TAFE plumbing course, musters up a sledge that would embarrass a thirteen year old kid in the school playground. He abused Papley because the kid has a bit of a stutter. I would suggest that it wouldn't worry Papley one iota because he comes from a strong family and is a courageous kid. I just wish the clown could have said it to Papley's grand father Jeff Bray, the tough as nails Bloods centre half back who would have sat him on his arse. The other irony is that Shaw clearly has a disability in that he has a deficiency in the right supramarginal gyrus of the brain. (look it up I cant be arsed explaining it) I hope the AFL gives the big mouthed clown a couple of weeks off just to cheer up all the parents and carers who have to put up with the "*" garbage every pitiless day.

kids is all we have.

Yeah true but many different reasons why things may be where they are at right now.
Like I said before, I'm not a poster that should make excuses for the club anymore as I've overstayed my welcome on that front.

Not to mention sudden removal of CoLA, The trade ban, Consecutive years of finishing top 6 not allowing us to be able to pick top talent. It's ok though because we will get out of this.
How would Eddie be with us getting pick 1 or 2 in next year's draft should we remain this 'crap'. He'll lobby the AFL to not allow a team that has played finals for so many years in the last two decades, to be given a to 5 pick.

That's what we are dealing with.
Some of us trust the coaches & others don't! I was over worrying about that kind of stuff years ago when we were trying to manage Barry Hall's selfishness. Leave that s**t to the club & all.

Bigfooty is supposed to be stress relief. disagreeing is all good. Getting so upset over things.................people need to get over it.
Chins up! We'll come good Cheer Red Blood!:)

Yeah true but many different reasons why things may be where they are at right now.
Like I said before, I'm not a poster that should make excuses for the club anymore as I've overstayed my welcome on that front.

Not to mention sudden removal of CoLA, The trade ban, Consecutive years of finishing top 6 not allowing us to be able to pick top talent. It's ok though because we will get out of this.
How would Eddie be with us getting pick 1 or 2 in next year's draft should we remain this 'crap'. He'll lobby the AFL to not allow a team that has played finals for so many years in the last two decades, to be given a to 5 pick.

Some of us trust the coaches & others don't! I was over worrying about that kind of stuff years ago when we were trying to manage Barry Hall's selfishness. Leave that s**t to the club & all.

Bigfooty is supposed to be stress relief. disagreeing is all good. Getting so upset over things.................people need to get over it.
Well said. The default position of the Bloods supporters through years lean and long. . Welcome to the club

I reckon we will but it has to be as Main Ruckman OR Full Forward. It just can't be 50:50 as he gets lost in the role I believe and he just needs continuity. He was seriously flying last year!
We need to play three talls in the forward line - Buddy, Cameron (the kids hold his marks) and Tippet/Naismith resting. Reid has to be played down back simply because Grundy is passed it and we need his marking ability on the best opposition tall. A three tall mobile defence of Allir, Reid and Melican with Jones and Rohan running off the half back line would give us marking strength and rebound that would beat most AFL attacks. When Rampe gets back that is a defence with real attacking rebound. Play Dawson on the wing as the link man with Buddy and we have a quicker, better kicking and better marking rebound out of defence.

Last edited:
We need to play three talls in the forward line - Buddy, Cameron (the kids hold his marks) and Tippet/Naismith resting. Reid has to be played down back simply because Grundy is passed it and we need his marking ability on the best opposition tall.

So lets move our only marking forward in the forward line back...oh I can see this being awesome!

How about we bring Alir back, and we keep Reid where he's dangerous (up forward)

So lets move our only marking forward in the forward line back...oh I can see this being awesome!

How about we bring Alir back, and we keep Reid where he's dangerous (up forward)
Reid is a swingman. Like it or not , he's become a multi role player.
You can't deny the game levelled out when he was moved back.
I do think Cameron has a role to play. Up forward.

Reid is a swingman. Like it or not , he's become a multi role player.
You can't deny the game levelled out when he was moved back.
I do think Cameron has a role to play. Up forward.

I'd rather brink Alir back, get rid of useless Foote and Jack. Newman back in too, and go from there. I'd rather go just with one ruck this week in Tippett.

It is conditional on Cameron playing. We need to stabilise our defence and get it functioning. We have lost two games with defensive turnovers. Our current set up has three vices - too small, too slow and cant kick. Apart from that our defence is in good shape at the moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doesn't help when we have McVeigh who would be on a decent amount probably not playing a game due to old age injuries. That is money we could have used for depth.

sure.
and i think thats part of the problem.
cant wait for contracts to be disclosed.

how do the hawks have 12 players who played the 2012 granny bring in mcevoy, frawley, o'rourke, o'meara, mitchell, vickery on 600k and clarkson claimed they didnt need to move on mitchell and lewis to have room.

ahm..
gross..

yes things are how they are for a range of factors and yes you raise some valids points cola, trade ban took some things out of our hands.

but finishing top 6? = no access to talent?
and that is related to salarys how?
overlooking that we got a pick 2 and pick 3 in the last few years anyways.

we missed finals once between grand finals so why should that affect being competitive now?

i thought we were the ultimate list managers of the comp?

there is free agency now, even delisted free agency. where have we been. surely that is our moneyball savior.
but now your saying we need good picks.

gws have had too much talent and we pick one up only after being subjected to 3 years at essendon.
i dont know if you saw josh bruce in his short time with the giants. even in the backline the talent was obvious.

then theres things like not drafting bruest?????!

this is not and has never been about trust.

it is up to the club i dont know anyone pretending otherwise.
but if were just yes men wouldnt we have missed out on paul roos?

bigfooty is for discussion.
i cant believe you would say bigfooty is supposed to be what you want, and if anyone questions things they should get over it?

honestly we were so close last year ted but we are still paying for poor drafting under roos, poor list management decisions

if you havent wanted to think about it for a decade maybe you shouldnt get involved in related discussions.

It is conditional on Cameron playing. We need to stabilise our defence and get it functioning. We have lost two games with defensive turnovers. Our current set up has three vices - too small, too slow and cant kick. Apart from that our defence is in good shape at the moment.

So apart from the fact the defenders can't kick they have been good! Well go team...

Newman back, Alir back, and if we can upgrade a couple I'd be looking at Edwards and Fox

I'd rather brink Alir back, get rid of useless Foote and Jack. Newman back in too, and go from there. I'd rather go just with one ruck this week in Tippett.
I agree but I would have both of them playing back. Smith must be dropped and replaced with Mills playing on the best opposition small, Grundy retired to the NEAFL and Newman coming onto a half back flank. Rohan should be played on the other flank and Jones going into the middle to support our lumbering mids. Yes it is shuffling deck chairs on the Titanic but we haven't hit the iceberg yet.

I watched reserves .
AA wasn't fantastic
Newman was quite good. Much more time and space.

I watched reserves .
AA wasn't fantastic
Newman was quite good. Much more time and space.

Alir won't improve if he's continuously dropped. Give him games in a block. At least he tries to set up players.

I agree but I would have both of them playing back. Smith must be dropped and replaced with Mills playing on the best opposition small, Grundy retired to the NEAFL and Newman coming onto a half back flank. Rohan should be played on the other flank and Jones going into the middle to support our lumbering mids. Yes it is shuffling deck chairs on the Titanic but we haven't hit the iceberg yet.

Mills plying in defence...where is that tequila again? He finally has a good 2nd half playing in the midfield...lets move him to defence again...would be so typical Horse though!

He's been dropped once.
Three-Five weeks of consistent NEAFL , then i'd consider him in.

3 Weeks, that is silly. This 5 block period we should want to get these kids in and back them in the team. I'd rather Alir make an error trying to take the game on rather than Jack out there running around like a headless chook!

Alir won't improve if he's continuously dropped. Give him games in a block. At least he tries to set up players.

For all of AA attacking flair he is one qrt away from being shat on. It will take 1 coach to expose him and he will be ruined. Just stop those fluffy light easy kicks and put pressure on his disposals, I haven't seen AA kick loads of lace out rocket type passes to leading players.

I like him but he isn't a shaw or jones in regards to be a line breaker and being a good hard defender. He was exposed a few times in 1 on 1s and this is what I am sure Longmuire wants improved before he becomes full time in the 1sts.

For all of AA attacking flair he is one qrt away from being shat on. It will take 1 coach to expose him and he will be ruined. Just stop those fluffy light easy kicks and put pressure on his disposals, I haven't seen AA kick loads of lace out rocket type passes to leading players.

I like him but he isn't a shaw or jones in regards to be a line breaker and being a good hard defender. He was exposed a few times in 1 on 1s and this is what I am sure Longmuire wants improved before he becomes full time in the 1sts.

That is all well and good...but then he keeps Foote who is NEAFL standard in the side and Jack who is absolutely cooked in the side. You can't have it both ways.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back