• One week

Votes: 108 21.4%
  • Two weeks

Votes: 46 9.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same type of incident as Sloane on D'Field. Accident but made contact with Head going in low.

No it wasn't, Sloane and Danger front on contact going for the ball.

Cotchin trying to set a physical example for his young team mates like he did in their last game when he got Danger, this time he flushed Shiel in the head. He has to be gone.

Tucked his arm in and cannoned straight into Shiel, I'm not sure he could even see the ball with his head tucked in. At no stage leading up to contact did Cotchin have an arm / hand out to try and grab the ball.

It's a week/fine, without question, but those suggesting he's certain to be suspended are terribly naive.

It's not beyond the AFL to make exceptions for "top" players in prelim finals. Adding to that, Cotchin has escaped certain suspension already this year when he punched Lachie Neale.

You people need to understand the lengths the AFL will go to ensure a spectacle, and they don't want to suspend Cotchin.

How does he get a fine? Dylan's head was nearly at ground level. Nothing to see here. /thread

No he didn't.

He tensed his right arm and went the body.

He gathered the ball after it hit the deck and Shiel was taken out of it.

Yep he wasn't going for the ball when he made contact, he only tried to gather the ball after he'd taken out Shiel

Cotchin has been a sniper for some time. Tried to take out Fyfes quad in 2015 when Fyfe was playing sore. He especially likes to snipe when getting beaten.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it comes down to whether the contact was "reasonable" and Cotchin was found to be going for the ball.

If he is found to be going for the ball and the contact "reasonable" in the circumstances he will get off entirely.

If not, and he has a case, it will be careless conduct, high contact with medium impact (minimum). That's 2 weeks down to 1 with a guilty plea. The fine won't even come into play.

Th fact he tucks his arm in does not necessarily imply he is going for the bump.
If he cops a fine and thus misses a week, Richmond will appeal and say he was protecting himself while going for the ball.

Line ball for mine

I think Cotchin will be missing round 1 next year after that hit- he's on 2 fines so 1 more fine will give him 1 weeks suspension.

Go GWS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back