News Stevie Motlop signs with North Warrnambool

Remove this Banner Ad

Stevie likes NTUA. I suspect we will see him pull the guitar out and Baz and co. will have him play the odd song at the Port Club, maybe even a gig or two upstairs.

Picked port over Adelaide because he wants to win a premiership respect.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

He certainly did. Cant remember what song it was they wanted to use but the crows asked him if they could use it
He declined because he is a Port supporter

Respect

After the grand final result, the crows certainly understand that there's 'No Second Prize"!
upload_2017-10-16_22-2-31.png
upload_2017-10-16_22-3-53.png

CORNESY: I heard Steven Motlop say he can't wait to play PAFC & hear the "Never Tear us Apart" song. @Adelaide_FC need to find a song.

All I hear is AFC supporters give us sh!t for having a song prior to the game

As I was walking across the footbridge towards the MCG halfway through the last qtr of the grand final - fully decked out in my Port gear like the proper campaigner that I am - there was a busker playing his guitar with a Cow beanie on singing this song!

Maybe this could be the gel that brings their customers back together!

ps... I gave him a fiver!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No second prize. Such an SA great, half-baked response. Not only is it not that catchy, it takes a really f'n long time to get to the chorus, doesn't have a neat 'belt it out' crescendo and is a bit s**t.

That's before you consider the fact it's utterly meaningless and therefore doesn't invoke the passion of NTUA. They make no attempt to truly understand NTUA, or the PAFC, these buffoons.

For them it's a bit of theatre...not something lodged in your soul.

I'd love for them to have a wholesale crack at a pregame anthem, replete with bouncing karaoke ball. There's literally no song that could work. You need a soul for that.

Kane started his show with the Florida Gators crowd signing along to Tom Petty's I wont back down, not last weekend but the weekend before. The full song crowd singing wasn't that great but the chorus near the end was. He then talked about Steve Motlop wanting to play in front of NTUA and how his old man has tried to come up with a song for the crows.

But once again there was a decent reason and connection for the Gators using the song, not a manufactured one. Firstly it was a tribute to the recently departed Petty, who before the he was a rock n roll star, he was a grounds keeper at the University of Florida and apparently did some work at their stadium when it was a turf surface. He grew up in Gainesville the city the Uni of Florida is in. The stadium has gone from grass to astro turf and then back to natural grass.

And because of the words about not backing down, a well known song, a native son, and so many people spontaneously joined in, they played it again at this weekends home game. This is the best bit of the crowd singing the first game, you don't really want to listen to the whole 3 1/2 minutes as it drops in and out.

It got better the 2nd week and was at night. it will probably become a tradition at the 3/4 time break.

Last edited:
No second prize. Such an SA great, half-baked response. Not only is it not that catchy, it takes a really f'n long time to get to the chorus, doesn't have a neat 'belt it out' crescendo and is a bit s**t.

That's before you consider the fact it's utterly meaningless and therefore doesn't invoke the passion of NTUA. They make no attempt to truly understand NTUA, or the PAFC, these buffoons.

I'd love for them to have a wholesale crack at a pregame anthem, replete with bouncing karaoke ball. There's literally no song that could work. You need a soul for that.

It needs to come from the stands, not from the front office...

The Crows song would have to be by a boy band. A bunch of individuals who really wanted a solo career thrown together to try and make money for their producer (and who are just biding their time for an opportunity to leave and go pursue the career they really want).

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back