List Mgmt. 2017 Trade Free Agency and List Management Watch Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

A SAVVY swap of picks has handed Richmond three draft selections inside 25 and extra points to land father-son prospect Patrick Naish. The Tigers traded picks 15 and 52 for Brisbane’s 20 and 25 and sent next year’s third-round pick to Geelong in return for the Cats’ third-round selection this year (53).

“To have three picks inside the first 25 is a strong position and we feel a better outcome,” Richmond football talent manager Dan Richardson said. “After the first 15 or so picks we think it’s a relatively even group of players up until about pick 30.”

Depending on interest from rival clubs, the Tigers could secure Naish as well as three draftees with picks 17, 20 and 25. The Western Bulldogs loom as Richmond’s biggest concern in the race for Naish, a skilled outside midfielder from the Northern Knights. Richardson said the Tigers did not seriously entertain trading for established players this year. Midfielder Anthony Miles and mid-forward Sam Lloyd attracted some interest but are staying at Punt Rd.

Richmond’s hand at next month’s draft in Sydney is 17, 20, 25, 53, 55 and 74

So who we delisting? You would think picks 17,20,25 and both picks in the 50's will all be live selections so 2 out of miles, Batchelor, Drummond and Lennon are gone.

I think the plan is to put the two 50s and either 20 or - if we're blessed - 25 together to pay for Naish leaving us with, ideally, 17, 20 and Naish.

So just three picks to be used.

Essendon won’t make top four. Weak as piss midfield and s**t defence.
7th worst defense in the comp, they can't stop the bleeding once their forward line gets shut down by top class defense's, all they did was bring in players to replace departed ones, will struggle to make finals as their pea hearted midfield get bitched around with a harder draw.

I think the plan is to put the two 50s and either 20 or - if we're blessed - 25 together to pay for Naish leaving us with, ideally, 17, 20 and Naish.

That would be a dream outcome essentially 3 picks in the top 20. All depends which campaigner of a club bids on him before us

LOL let them celebrate, I'm sure with their great culture and morals they will be going places!!!

I found out last night that as much as Dimma would love to have gotten Stringer due to his talent, he knew that we would have to trade out a player that is part of the team and did not want to break up the culture we have built with someone who has baggage.

Let the Bombers put up with his ego and theirs.
Might just poke into the stringer draft thread at some stage .
After suggesting he would end up no good for the doggies I copped plenty after his 1 season flash in the pan .
#lastlaugh

We still have to make list spots available for the picks take into the draft, we will need to delist 2 more players.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

7th worst defense in the comp, they can't stop the bleeding once their forward line gets shut down by top class defense's, all they did was bring in players to replace departed ones, will struggle to make finals as their pea hearted midfield get bitched around with a harder draw.
But but they have pimple head Joe.....flog

Gold Coast are a rabble and I reckon lynch leaves

I actually like what they have just been doing. They have gotten pragmatic and gone for players that want to be there. They acknowledge they are crewed up. We were there last year and turned it around. They won't be contenders next year. But they have talent and it just needs to get switched on. They are being much more focused on what will work, and I suspect that it won't take a huge amount to turn them into finals contenders - not top 4. From there they build.

I actually like what they have just been doing. They have gotten pragmatic and gone for players that want to be there. They acknowledge they are crewed up. We were there last year and turned it around. They won't be contenders next year. But they have talent and it just needs to get switched on. They are being much more focused on what will work, and I suspect that it won't take a huge amount to turn them into finals contenders - not top 4. From there they build.

Wigg can play too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back