Ben Lennon still keen to stay at Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Wouldn't be surprised if another Victorian team like Collingwood pick him up. He isn't a bad player (has talent), but our style of play went one way while his strengths were at another area.

I think he'd do better at a club that plays an uncontested brand of footy that relies on accurate kicking (if there is a club playing that brand nowadays). His kicking wasn't too bad if I remember correctly.

he would be one of carlspoon's best players

LOL Managers are guided by whats best for the client as well as doing what the client wants,

Yep, that's what they'll tell us - never motivated by the potential increase in management fees.

This is what great clubs do people and Balme is onto it. To keep improving your list you need to weed out your bottom six on the list or players with no more improvement to the team structure and game plan. Ben Lennon sadly fell into this danger area . The benefits to the rfc are greater without him than with him. Suck it up fellas as we just won a flag and we have all those picks under 30 all in readiness for another tilt. Stop crying over spilt milk and look at all the positives as for the first we are $400k ahead.
My brother was a big fan until I got him out of his closet and he witnessed the vfl GF where Lennon was basically an Oxygen thief in his words.
Successful clubs make tough decisions and more often they’re right , now if anybody here thinks he will go on to be a star then pigs may fly.
Seriously he was overpaid for what he offered so in Balme’s thinking his wages can go towards three new draftees to the benefit of the rfc and not Lennon’s bank account.

This is what great clubs do people and Balme is onto it. To keep improving your list you need to weed out your bottom six on the list or players with no more improvement to the team structure and game plan. Ben Lennon sadly fell into this danger area . The benefits to the rfc are greater without him than with him. Suck it up fellas as we just won a flag and we have all those picks under 30 all in readiness for another tilt. Stop crying over spilt milk and look at all the positives as for the first we are $400k ahead.
My brother was a big fan until I got him out of his closet and he witnessed the vfl GF where Lennon was basically an Oxygen thief in his words.
Successful clubs make tough decisions and more often they’re right , now if anybody here thinks he will go on to be a star then pigs may fly.
Seriously he was overpaid for what he offered so in Balme’s thinking his wages can go towards three new draftees to the benefit of the rfc and not Lennon’s bank account.

beautifully articulated !

Lennon $400k
Batchelor $200k
Maric $250k
Hunt $200k
Morris $250k
Elton $150k
Yarran $450k

My god there was alot of waste in 2017

LOL Managers are guided by whats best for the client as well as doing what the client wants, Look up Anthony McConville and see which other players he represents then see if a similar situation has happened with them - Chances are this is 100% Lennon driven as he was a Carlton supporter

You're an idiot and have no idea what you're talking about.

this is what happens when you grow up barracking for carlton and your best mate plays for norf, you don't give yourself the opportunity to get the best out of yourself. poor life choices and he only has himself to blame
Pretty much this. No more drafting Carlton fans.

really farked up this pick

I would have thought lennon and bach are good back ups. esp bach cos he played pretty good in the vfl and we need that coverage in the backline!??!

Why have we still kept drummond? hes done nothing. only thing that saves him is he keeps doing his acl so theres always a 'potential'

It's not potential with Drummond, it's the injury itself. Basically an unwritten rule in the AFL that you don't cut a guy loose if he's got a significant injury (knee reco or broken leg), it's just not the done thing.

Really enjoying this new and improved TI that loves all things RFC and acknowledging our success :)

See what a flag can do, it can be life changing!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really enjoying this new and improved TI that loves all things RFC and acknowledging our success :)

See what a flag can do, it can be life changing!
My situation was that my parents were running out of time
I was running out of patience and confidence
My kids were at risk of losing faith in supporting Richmond.

Balme coming to Richmond was the honey for me and I gave him two to three years to do it , but even I underestimated him.
I must admit I got a few things wrong , but more out of anger bc a lot of the same mistakes were continued to be made. Balme clearing out Yarran plus the moving on of TV and Lids were brilliant decisions by the club considering the return. I love bold and educated decision makers bc even if they fail you’ve been seen to be having a crack . This is life and spirit to me and why the club will now be a powerhouse .

This is on the mark. I think Lennon was quite popular with the players, seems like a nice guy who had eaten his humble pie and tried to get the most out of himself, but just wasn't up to it. You do need to keep turning over the list, Batchelor was another good player than needed to be moved on. Hopefully somebody picks both of them up, but I doubt it. Footy is a business, and plenty of better footballers have been cut for one reason or another.

My situation was that my parents were running out of time
I was running out of patience and confidence
My kids were at risk of losing faith in supporting Richmond.

Balme coming to Richmond was the honey for me and I gave him two to three years to do it , but even I underestimated him.
I must admit I got a few things wrong , but more out of anger bc a lot of the same mistakes were continued to be made. Balme clearing out Yarran plus the moving on of TV and Lids were brilliant decisions by the club considering the return. I love bold and educated decision makers bc even if they fail you’ve been seen to be having a crack . This is life and spirit to me and why the club will now be a powerhouse .
Mate you were pretty woefull at time and used to s**t me to tears with some of the negativity - Good to see the improved version of the Imposter

beautifully articulated !

Lennon $400k
Batchelor $200k
Maric $250k
Hunt $200k
Morris $250k
Elton $150k
Yarran $450k

My god there was alot of waste in 2017
Disregarding the $$$ you quoted, the delistings are a step in the right direction for the club.

In the past we would have held on to guys like Lennon and Batchelor.

Looks like we have confidence in our younger players to develop in those roles.

POST OF THE YEAR!
Couldn't have said it better.
The Tigers of Old would have persisted for two more years - the new Tigers under Balme realise Lennon has nothing to contribute other than at VFL level, so it's the opportune and right time to find someone better. Holding on to a pure VFL footballer stifles the development of the next young gun.

What I love is that we are now delisting good players. That might sound strange but in the past it was always very obvious who we'd delist because we could have chosen from half the last. They were the worst in a bad lot. Recently though, we are moving on players that in the past we would have kept. Speak volumes about the improving depth of our list. I'm also thrilled that we have so many early draft picks. How many premiership sides in the past have been in our position in the draft in the same year.

It's a great time to be a Tiger Supporter

Unfortunately Ben was caught in the wrong era, he is an old fashioned type, not tall, not fast not blessed with endurance. He was a lead, Mark and kick player that had no other position or versatility, just like Lloyd used to be but he transformed himself into a mid over time and sadly time has passed BL.We have a better version in Caddy already in the squad and options in most areas, Ben with all his talent lacked the all round versatility of others so is cut to make alist spot for needs makes perfect sense.

Lennon was on the trade table recently...club tried its best to get him elsewhere...but no takers

Says it all
giphy.gif

players after lennon

13 Patrick Cripps
14 McCarthy, Cam
15 Jones, Zak
16 Lang, Darcy
18 Dunstan, Luke
19 Acres, Blake
21 Impey, Jarman
23 Crouch, Matt
24 Hartung, Billy
25 McStay, Daniel
26 Merrett, Zach
28 Taylor, Lewis
29 Lobb, Rory
30 Dumont, Trent
32 Hewett, George
35 Nankervis, Toby
41 Kolodjashnij, Jake
43 Barrass, Tom
44 Aliir, Aliir
46 Knight, Riley
47 Brown, Ben
55 Fantasia, Orazio
56 Sicily, James
57 Hunt, Jayden
66 Lloyd, Sam
That's pretty amazing to look at those players taken after Pick 12
I remember at the time this draft was meant to be pretty shallow, kinda like it is this year
There were meant to be a clear Top 12 and then it took a massive drop after that, however in hindsight, really only Kelly, Billings & Bont at 2,3 & 4 have been standouts, the rest of the top 12 have probably been outdone by those that were meant to be no good.

Thanks for your service batch put all your heart in the jumper and played your ass off week after week be it in the ones or magoos best of luck in life after football or who ever picks you up tiger

Remove this Banner Ad

Back